UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32247 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#19524 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I have nmo idea who Abul Kelule is (did he play for UCLA?) if you do, than that makes you a bigger UCLA basketball fan than I am.
Pffft-haha.....He played under a different name back then ,' Al Cinder', if you were a real UCLA fan , you would have known that!, pfft.....
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19525 Mar 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do. You've broken up with me at least a half dozen times over the past 3 years and always come back. ROTFLMAO!!
yeah, idiot, because you're a masachist and love to feel pain, so obviously you keep coming back for more.
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19526 Mar 30, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
What else is he going to say?! Every guy says his new gf is the best he's ever had, at least publicly.
Damn, you're stupid!
he left a program ranked #10 with all 5 starters coming back to be a Bruin...what does that tell you? it tells me UCLA is one of the best jobs in college basketball, and according to survey, coaches in the major programs such as coach K, Caliapari, Pitino, and others all had UCLA in the top-5 jobs...USC? you would be lucky to sign Bob Boyd. ROTFLMAFAO!!!
Bruin For Life

Compton, CA

#19527 Mar 30, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>Pffft-haha.....He played under a different name back then ,' Al Cinder', if you were a real UCLA fan , you would have known that!, pfft.....
Oh!!!! Lew Alcidor - Kareem Abdul Jabbar "Mr. Personality"? he has the personality of a door knob, he thinks just because he is Kareem, he would be able to coach, he wouldn't be able to rectuit if his l.ife depended on it.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19528 Mar 30, 2013
fight__on wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me fellow trojan, I'm here for all my trojan men.
"Fight On" trojan,.... Fight On.
Ya I agree fellow Bruin, it has been a stellar day for our Bruins! I can tell by all the comments on here and elsewhere that Bruin Basketball is back! We get rid of a coach that has 3 final four appearances with one finals visit for an even greater coach that was run out of every place that he coached and has zero meaningful wins in the NCAA tournament. It's like trading in a car that runs for one that has no engine...It's greeat to be a Bruin....Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19529 Mar 30, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>he left a program ranked #10 with all 5 starters coming back to be a Bruin...what does that tell you? it tells me UCLA is one of the best jobs in college basketball, and according to survey, coaches in the major programs such as coach K, Caliapari, Pitino, and others all had UCLA in the top-5 jobs...USC? you would be lucky to sign Bob Boyd. ROTFLMAFAO!!!
Ya I agree it is quite embarrassing that we end up with a lower level coach like Steve Alford. Great spin job fellow Bruin if that survey was accurate then we would have landed Coach K years ago but he turned the job down so did Pitino, all the top coaches have. We should have realized that Ben Howland was the best we have had since Coach W. At least Alford has Ben's players that should help for a year before he returns us to the NIT.....Go Bruins!
Fight On

Compton, CA

#19530 Mar 30, 2013
Can anyone tell me how to remove a gerbil from my a $$ hole ? Some of the Trojan faithful and I had a little too much fun today.
Bruin Nation

Los Angeles, CA

#19531 Mar 30, 2013
Fight On wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to remove a gerbil from my a $$ hole ? Some of the Trojan faithful and I had a little too much fun today.
Been there done that it happens to me and Rob all the time...Get the vacume cleaner honey.....Go Bruins!
Fight On

Los Angeles, CA

#19532 Mar 30, 2013
Nothing like having a big thickC ock in my a $$ on a Saturday night, hmmmmmm delicious. ;)
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19533 Mar 30, 2013
Fight On wrote:
Nothing like having a big thickC ock in my a $$ on a Saturday night, hmmmmmm delicious. ;)
I concur, except in honor of Steve Alford I have all my holes plugged including my nostrils and my ears...Go Bruins!
Fight On

Los Angeles, CA

#19536 Mar 30, 2013
I just love, love, love! Bruin facials! C'mon BFL, please? ;)
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19537 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, idiot, because you're a masachist and love to feel pain, so obviously you keep coming back for more.
No, Dumbass. Let me explain, since you're too stupid to see the obvious...the post to which you responded was not directed at you. You are always the one who "comes back".
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19538 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>he left a program ranked #10 with all 5 starters coming back to be a Bruin...what does that tell you? it tells me UCLA is one of the best jobs in college basketball, and according to survey, coaches in the major programs such as coach K, Caliapari, Pitino, and others all had UCLA in the top-5 jobs...USC? you would be lucky to sign Bob Boyd. ROTFLMAFAO!!!
Top 5 jobs?! LOL!! Yeah, sure it is!

The morning sports radio guys were laughing this past week at people who think that.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19539 Mar 31, 2013
Interesting...

Once UCLA failed to land Virginia Commonwealth Coach Shaka Smart and Butler's Brad Stevens, Athletic Director Dan Guerrero talked to Phil Jackson's representative.

Guerrero didn't want Jackson as coach, but rather to have him lead the search for a new UCLA basketball coach.

Jackson was agreeable.

Guerrero talked to Jackson's agent about having a news conference to announce Jackson was onboard.

Jackson's agent told Guerrero what it would cost to hire him as consultant. As part of the discussion, UCLA hoped to count on Jackson meeting with recruits later to help the new coach in his work.

Guerrero told Jackson's agent he would take the holiday weekend before putting the deal together.

And don't we all know what happens when Jackson's name is mentioned and folks wait the weekend before finalizing anything?

Guerrero never got back to Jackson's agent and on Saturday hired Steve Alford.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19540 Mar 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Interesting...
Once UCLA failed to land Virginia Commonwealth Coach Shaka Smart and Butler's Brad Stevens, Athletic Director Dan Guerrero talked to Phil Jackson's representative.
Guerrero didn't want Jackson as coach, but rather to have him lead the search for a new UCLA basketball coach.
Jackson was agreeable.
Guerrero talked to Jackson's agent about having a news conference to announce Jackson was onboard.
Jackson's agent told Guerrero what it would cost to hire him as consultant. As part of the discussion, UCLA hoped to count on Jackson meeting with recruits later to help the new coach in his work.
Guerrero told Jackson's agent he would take the holiday weekend before putting the deal together.
And don't we all know what happens when Jackson's name is mentioned and folks wait the weekend before finalizing anything?
Guerrero never got back to Jackson's agent and on Saturday hired Steve Alford.
The Hiring of Alford has to be an April fools joke, there's no way my Bruins could make such a low brow hire. There's high school coaches that make more sense than this....Trojan I apologize for my juvenile ways yes you are smarter than me and USC is a much better school than my beloved UCLA....Go Bruins
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19541 Mar 31, 2013
BTW, I should have credited the post immediately preceding this one to T.J.
Fight On

Los Angeles, CA

#19542 Mar 31, 2013
Trojan wrote:
BTW, I should have credited the post immediately preceding this one to T.J.
Oh Trojan, with my looks, and your brains, we could go places. Happy Easter, whattaya say if we color each other's "huevos" (eggs for you gringos), and we have our own Easter egg hunt at Motel 6 ;) wouldn't that be so much fun?
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#19543 Mar 31, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Trojan, with my looks, and your brains, we could go places. Happy Easter, whattaya say if we color each other's "huevos" (eggs for you gringos), and we have our own Easter egg hunt at Motel 6 ;) wouldn't that be so much fun?
Rob, have a great Easter. Same to everyone else.

Hope everyone is enjoying History Channel's "The Bible" as much as I am. Gonna have to get the DVD's, since I've missed the second half of many episodes. Though I may have to watch tonight's finale in its entirety.
Bruin Nation

Los Angeles, CA

#19544 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hiring of Alford has to be an April fools joke, there's no way my Bruins could make such a low brow hire. There's high school coaches that make more sense than this....Trojan I apologize for my juvenile ways yes you are smarter than me and USC is a much better school than my beloved UCLA....Go Bruins
Ya Rob I agree this is just horrible. I'm so embarrassed that I'm wearing my El Camino College sweats round my hood. Wore my Bruins cap yesterday only to be laughed at. My only hope is Alford has Ben's players he should do well next year kind of like Bartow inheriting Wooden's players cept he messed up with them...Oh how dreary life is now that we are the laughing stocks of College Basketball......Go Bruins!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#19545 Mar 31, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
So when is SUC hiring a coach? I heard Cheryl Miller turned them down.
How about Reggie Miller? SUC would take Bruin pedigree in second if there was interest!

Too bad Reggie would turn their ahsss down in a second! I think they caught Bibby back when he was having financial problems, otherwise..........

If they were smart (not Shaka) maybe they could try to lure in Paul Westphal. He is an ex-Trojan and would probably be the biggest name they possibly could get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anaheim is full of opportunities! (Apr '12) 6 hr Tony 69
Which LM Supermarket Has Hottest Cashiers? (Sep '15) 8 hr no gaydar 19
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 11 hr Lmsa Historian 6,468
News Brian Calle: Thoughtful, credible, articulate a... Apr 24 Julie Ann 1
News City of Brea, detective win police-shooting law... Apr 20 Patricia Smith 1
News Felon Arraigned on Assault, Robbery, Attempted ... (Jun '15) Mar '16 Sassycras85 4
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Mar '16 Buck Naked 98
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages