UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19460 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh no, Ben Howland's recruting practice the last several years was to recruit players that had the potential to change the "landscape" of UCLA basketball and return it to what we UCLA fans had envisioned to be - back to the glory days. However, many of those recruits, were as you have put it "prima donnas" and became about "me" "me" hence all 8 transfers we've had...had those players been more like Aboya, Mboute, Mata, Collison, we would be talking National Championships right now...they were NOT "team first" players...where Ben Howland failed this year was not preparing players like Tony Parker during the year, and it showed when he finally got his chance to play, he fouled out in the first half! and the other Wear had 4 fouls halfway in the first half and it took him out of the "defensive" mode and became just a body out there. BH coached under a lot of pressure, and it showed! he was unable to prepare his team for games he should have won, like losing to WSU on the last weekend of the season when UCLA NEEDED TO WIN....and the meltdown vs. Oregon in the Pac-12 tournament Title game....and the horrific showing in the first round of the tournament....and perhaps the most horrible loss ever in UCLA history to Cal Poly...and that loss to USC at Pauley...those losses became the reason why Ben Howland's head was called for. Ben got away from his traditional recruiting style of getting players who would commit for 4 years, largely in part IMHO is because after the 3 straight Final-fours UCLA again became a school for hot recruits a.k.a. one-and-dones...that is why BH is not here today.
Ya I agree, the reason Ben is gone is because we the fans and the alumni and the boosters are the most delusional in all sports not just college. You don't see the Celtics suiting up ol Bill Russell, yet our Bruins are acting like if had won as consistently without Howland as we did with him... We Bruins should all be ashamed and beg Howland to come back, he would be the best coach we can get right now.... Can Mora coach BB as well? Someone coach my Bruins!!!! Go Bruins!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19461 Mar 29, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing my lines. I've said that about you several time, you pathetic loser. Thank goodness for REAL Bruins, you have no true affiliation with the school.
Yahhhh, and the only affliation with USC is you go near the school to score you crack, fool. No USC alum would ever be as ignorant as you posting on here as a liar, hypocrite, racist, bigot, homophobic, woman hater, cop hater, and on and on and on...most USC alums that I know would not spew the ignorant crap you do on a public forum...some may feel like you do, but are smart enough to keep it to themselves, and NOT embarrass the institution you so "claim" to have attended...B U L L S H I T E R!!! PINOCCHIO.

ROTFLMFA
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19462 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Yahhhh, and the only affliation with USC is you go near the school to score you crack, fool.
Blah, blah, blah. Same old bullshit. Don't be upset because I actually graduated from the school I admire and you couldn't graduate from either.

Grow up, Loser!

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#19463 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh no, Ben Howland's recruting practice the last several years was to recruit players that had the potential to change the "landscape" of UCLA basketball and return it to what we UCLA fans had envisioned to be - back to the glory days. However, many of those recruits, were as you have put it "prima donnas" and became about "me" "me" hence all 8 transfers we've had...had those players been more like Aboya, Mboute, Mata, Collison, we would be talking National Championships right now...they were NOT "team first" players...where Ben Howland failed this year was not preparing players like Tony Parker during the year, and it showed when he finally got his chance to play, he fouled out in the first half! and the other Wear had 4 fouls halfway in the first half and it took him out of the "defensive" mode and became just a body out there. BH coached under a lot of pressure, and it showed! he was unable to prepare his team for games he should have won, like losing to WSU on the last weekend of the season when UCLA NEEDED TO WIN....and the meltdown vs. Oregon in the Pac-12 tournament Title game....and the horrific showing in the first round of the tournament....and perhaps the most horrible loss ever in UCLA history to Cal Poly...and that loss to USC at Pauley...those losses became the reason why Ben Howland's head was called for. Ben got away from his traditional recruiting style of getting players who would commit for 4 years, largely in part IMHO is because after the 3 straight Final-fours UCLA again became a school for hot recruits a.k.a. one-and-dones...that is why BH is not here today.
Thats a fair assessment, but it still leaves your once-glorious program in a bind. They are in between a rock and a hard place on who and how to recruit. I guess EVERY school could say they would like a perfect blend of the one-and-dones (yes prima donnas) along with competent, role players who will ride out 3 or 4 years. Like we Trojan fans are in football, I just dont see UCLA basketball fans having the patience. Although, maybe the younger generation will be more lenient since they were in diapers the last time a (B)ruin team was relevant and do not know any difference... HaHa
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

#19464 Mar 29, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah. Same old bullshit. Don't be upset because I actually graduated from the school I admire and you couldn't graduate from either.
Grow up, Loser!
B U L L S H I T no USC grad would ever act the way you do on a public forum. Sports trash-talk okay, I get it...showing racism, bigotry, hate for LOE, hatred for women? nahhhh, no USC grad would EVER post that crap on here - even if you REALLY felt that way, you would just keep it to yourself...I know I talk a lot of crap about USC, but the reality is, every USC grad I know has class, you? you're a pucking loser, there is NO EFFING way you went to USC... NO PUCKING WAY!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19465 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>B U L L S H I T no USC grad would ever act the way you do on a public forum.
Aw, still crying about not being able to graduate from either school. There, there. It'll be OK. LOL!!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19466 Mar 29, 2013
And still judging his own posts!! LOL!!

We all know it. Don't be an idiot and try to deny it.
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

#19467 Mar 29, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up, Loser!
In your dreams, PINOCCHIO!! I doubt you even graduate from college, let alone a prestigious university like USC. Sorry, hate the message, don't hate the messenger of truth. LMAO

Poor little trOJie,trying to convince everyone he graduated from USC...you're the only USC "grad" (yeah right!) that has ever been harassed by the cops.
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

#19468 Mar 29, 2013
Trojan wrote:
buahahaha you also have insecurity and paranoia issues. your are fuuuuuuuuuuunny!!
Bruin For Life

Whittier, CA

#19469 Mar 29, 2013
Trojan wrote:
yahh, anything else, Mr. Paranoia? LMFAO
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19470 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>In your dreams, PINOCCHIO!! I doubt you even graduate from college, let alone a prestigious university like USC. Sorry, hate the message, don't hate the messenger of truth. LMAO
Poor little trOJie,trying to convince everyone he graduated from USC...you're the only USC "grad" (yeah right!) that has ever been harassed by the cops.
Quit your crying about only being able to DREAM about graduating from a school as great as USC!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19471 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>buahahaha you also have insecurity and paranoia issues. your are fuuuuuuuuuuunny!!
Rather be funny than pathetic, as you are.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19473 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again read the artical before commenting, you can read can't you?
Ya I agree, just read where Brad Stevens WONT be coming to my beloved Pauley Pavillion to coach my Bruins. Another one says NO.First Shaka Zulu now Brad Stevens, who's next to turn down the greatest job in College basketball. Pitino, Donovan, both will say no...How about Ben Howland, he's available, he just won a conference title, has three final four appearances, and the best first 10 year record in Bruin history.....Jerry Tarkanian? Someone pleeeease Coach my Bruins!.....Go Bruins
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19474 Mar 29, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather be funny than pathetic, as you are.
I'm through with you, idiot.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19475 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Ya I agree we won't have ol Ben Howland to kick around any longer, looks like he will be sticking it to us as USC's head coach. No one wants to coach my Bruins now we hand over to our rivals the best coach we have ever had. Does anyone want to coach my Bruins???? Go Bruins!
Trojan

Encino, CA

#19476 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I'm through with you, idiot.
Take a look in the mirror, Dumbass. The biggest poster of bullshit on Topix!
Dan Guerrero

Los Angeles, CA

#19477 Mar 29, 2013
Orale! Any of ju vatos wanna coash a bassaball team?...Go Bruins!
Clipper me

Fontana, CA

#19478 Mar 29, 2013
USA TDAY DELUSIONAL FANS wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Tennessee Volunteers head coach Bruce Pearl . There have been rumors lately that Pearl was to be interviewed by the UCLA Bruins who recently fired head coach Ben Howland. Those rumors were dispelled as he blasted the entire UCLA basketball program on ESPN radio.
“If they had fans, if they actually had people that would fill up Pauley Pavilion and fight the traffic in Westwood and care about their basketball team,” Pearl stated when asked about the school with the most delusional fan base.“They are talking about the fact that their coaches can’t live up to John Wooden. The fan base at UCLA can’t live up to the fan base that John Wooden had. They’re watching the Lakers and watching the Clippers. To think that they’re going to bring in a better coach right now is unrealistic. They just won the Pac-12; they had the No. 2 recruiting class; they think they’re going to go Final Fours in a row every year? I think that’s delusional. I don’t think that’s realistic.”
Pearl also continued on to say that UCLA was crazy for believing that they could get a coach like Shaka Smart (from VCU) because no one wants to coach for a team whose best players are one and done year after year.
However, as harsh as it may seem, there may be some truth behind Pearl’s words. The Bruins may be living in the Wooden era and not looking at their current, realistic situation as a basketball program. One thing is for sure – whoever inherits the UCLA coaching job will have a lot of work to do. With a rabid delusional liberal flamboyant fanbase.
I heard that Pearl did want to drop by the campus though for one thing....he wanted to drop a Pearl necklace/load on all the ucla fans , especially those in this forum!, lmfao....
Clipper me

Fontana, CA

#19479 Mar 29, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>, he gets high profile players that are one and dones...we need Afred Aboyas, Lorenzo Matas, MbahMoutes, Collisons, Ryan Hollins,.
Everyone of those guys except Collison was a bonehead thug-player.....where are those clowns Aboya and Matta?,lol ,I forgot all about that muscle bound knot/head , Aboya ,he had to be one of the dumbest idiots to ever play!!... lmao!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#19480 Mar 29, 2013
I would rather have Alfred 'Hitchcock', suit up for me than a knuckle head like Alfred Aboya !!, ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr davis 5,199
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 17 hr Still here 2 1,299
Twin brothers injured in Hacienda Heights drive... 18 hr Lol 8
Review: Zena Hair Salon (Oct '12) Wed danielpeng 4
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) Tue billstacy 14
Are the vatos from sskaka chirujos, ratas or ra... (Jun '10) Mon LOONEYSSK 133
Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) Mon SMASH LOWCC 141

Brea News Video

Brea Dating
Find my Match

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brea

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:56 pm PST