UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

Full story: Whittier Daily News

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.
Comments
15,281 - 15,300 of 26,721 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“110 National Titles”

Since: Aug 09

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

By the way, Chosen Traveler is such a big WUSS!!! ever since UCLA whooped his trOJans, he has disappeared from the face of the earth...and now that the second blow to his ego has struck, he may never show is stupidity on this thread again.

UCLA - win or lose their fans are still here.
USC - two straight losses to their rivals, and their fans disappear!!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>We all wanted our Bruins to come out and play the way they did vs. SUC, but the reality is the game was meaningless to UCLA and completely meaningful to Stanford...I by no means think what TJ Simers thinks, that UCLA purposely tanked to avoid Oregon, but I do feel the play calling was not that of a coach doing everything it takes to win the game. They tried their best, not doubt, but they ran maybe 10 different plays the whole game. I do believe that Stanford is a better match up for UCLA, and we will see a different type of game this Friday and UCLA will prevail and play in the Rose Bowl, and I will be kicking myself in the ass for not laying a $50 bet on UCLA to win the Pac-12 that might have netted me I believe $1500??
Yeah I did not see any display of passing downfield at all. Very conservative all around. But I must say, Stanford has one tough-ass D!

But you are right, we should see a totally different Bruin team Friday.
Go Bruins!!!

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

What is hilarious is that USC will most likely end up playing in the Fight Hunger Bowl, which is the only Bowl they know in the last 4 years - the same Bowl they made fun of us for playing in - can you say TOUCHE!!!???

CHOSEN TRAVELER: "USC, will go unbeaten and win the National Title, and Barkley will win the Heisman Trophy" huh, NO...NO...and NO.

UCLA - we just win.
USC - you just whine.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Also, Fight On has decided to leave Topix after his team got their asses handed by UCLA and Notre Dame...ya big pus sie!!! are you and Chose Traveler now rubbing each other's "Pee-Pees"?

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Dangerous Campuses List: Business Insider 2012 UCLA #1 on that list!!!.......No wonder you and Rob want to beat me up, it's The Bruin way...LMFAO!
Bullshyt story by the Business Insider...here are the real facts. http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/ucla-a-d...

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
Also, Fight On has decided to leave Topix after his team got their asses handed by UCLA and Notre Dame...ya big pus sie!!! are you and Chose Traveler now rubbing each other's "Pee-Pees"?
They can dish it, but they can't take the heat. Poor sports. Hate those kind of fans.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Any fool could see the game was a scratch once it became 7-7. Besides the original proposed bet was two team bet - Stanford and USC had to win. Besides, what is to you? 4 posters on here private messaged me that the bet should be a scratch...ha ha you WISH I would be gone, sorry, I'm still here. BTW how do you feel about the epic melt-down of your trOJans? losing 4 of 5 to end the year, OUCH!! that's gotta hurt!!
LOL! Because a few people IM'd you, you're going to wuss out and not be a man of your word. Hilarious!! That is so weak. If I cared enough, I'd go back, but I thought he took Stanford and you took UCLA.

As for us, I'm not going to lie. It sucked. But I'm not exactly miserable. It happens. Heck, UCLA just suffered their worse upset in school history. But they'll move past it, as will the Trojans.

We'll do the best we can over the next two years and bounce back as soon as the scholarship reductions are behind us. But let's face it. After that goal line play calling, it's more than just the scholarships.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

worst

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
worst
I've had just about enough of Ben Howland, the mami is a horrible coach!! E goes and gets all these great athletic players and all he does is hold them back...freaking fat Dan should be fired at the same time and make Rick Neuheisel the new.A.D. I think any if his assistants would do a much better job using the talent UCLA has right now....just like 50-0 was the best thing that has happened ti UCLA football (it gave us Mora), this Cal Poly loss will finally rid UCLA from the worse coach UCLA has ever had - great recruiter, like Kiffin, lousy coach just like Kiffin.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

*** the man NOT the mami (although Bite On might call him mami)
Trojan

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I've had just about enough of Ben Howland, the mami is a horrible coach!! E goes and gets all these great athletic players and all he does is hold them back...freaking fat Dan should be fired at the same time and make Rick Neuheisel the new.A.D. I think any if his assistants would do a much better job using the talent UCLA has right now....just like 50-0 was the best thing that has happened ti UCLA football (it gave us Mora), this Cal Poly loss will finally rid UCLA from the worse coach UCLA has ever had - great recruiter, like Kiffin, lousy coach just like Kiffin.
You really think they'll do what the Lakers did and can him this early in the season?

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I've had just about enough of Ben Howland, the mami is a horrible coach!! E goes and gets all these great athletic players and all he does is hold them back...freaking fat Dan should be fired at the same time and make Rick Neuheisel the new.A.D. I think any if his assistants would do a much better job using the talent UCLA has right now....just like 50-0 was the best thing that has happened ti UCLA football (it gave us Mora), this Cal Poly loss will finally rid UCLA from the worse coach UCLA has ever had - great recruiter, like Kiffin, lousy coach just like Kiffin.
Said it last year I'll say it again, good recruiter, bad coach, word has it he doesn't work on team chemistry, and is never is with the team Off the court.
Like the Idea of Rick taking over as AD

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Because a few people IM'd you, you're going to wuss out and not be a man of your word. Hilarious!! That is so weak. If I cared enough, I'd go back, but I thought he took Stanford and you took UCLA.
As for us, I'm not going to lie. It sucked. But I'm not exactly miserable. It happens. Heck, UCLA just suffered their worse upset in school history. But they'll move past it, as will the Trojans.
We'll do the best we can over the next two years and bounce back as soon as the scholarship reductions are behind us. But let's face it. After that goal line play calling, it's more than just the scholarships.
Your Trojans will be fine,
Although I am surprised with the 5 losses
the New QB may be better than MB, got a howitzer for an arm.

“110 National Titles”

AND COUNTING!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think they'll do what the Lakers did and can him this early in the season?
I don't know, but the big donors are calling for Howland's head. They are effing pissed! They were promised a high octane fast tempo offense to compliment the players they got and it's the same boring offense they had last yea... las night in the last 10 minutes not even one inside the paint basket...they were outrebounded by a smaller weaker less athletic team...these guys don't box out!! Howland had no timeouts left to regroup the playersp

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Any fool could see the game was a scratch once it became 7-7. Besides the original proposed bet was two team bet - Stanford and USC had to win. Besides, what is to you? 4 posters on here private messaged me that the bet should be a scratch...ha ha you WISH I would be gone, sorry, I'm still here. BTW how do you feel about the epic melt-down of your trOJans? losing 4 of 5 to end the year, OUCH!! that's gotta hurt!!
I do not recall sending you a private message Lifer, but I second the motion that we need you here on Topix :/

Without you and Brewski carelessly firing wild words of anti-sentiment all around, I would be stuck only with Nation and his general butt-licking of everything Trojan &#61516;

I can understand him feeling safe going with the school that Fight’s On, but Coach Jimmy should have made Nation more relaxed this year to finally let us Bruins not be covering our heads in the sand like we do every other November :/

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Naton please, if you want to stroke the Trojans, set up a private massage :/

Go Bruins, we are those other guys, remember?

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Said it last year I'll say it again, good recruiter, bad coach, word has it he doesn't work on team chemistry, and is never is with the team Off the court.
Like the Idea of Rick taking over as AD
Hooray for the idea of Ricky returning. I like his name so saying AD Ricky sounds cute too!

Go Bruins, Go Ricky!

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, but the big donors are calling for Howland's head. They are effing pissed!
I guess what Coach Benny is doing with all that great talent is much worse than what Kiffin came up against for USC football :/

I too, am very disappointed with our Bruins underachieving on Coach Johnny's sacred court. The Pacific 12 is laughing at us right now :(
Trojan

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and even though he's a little bigger than MB, he's better on his feet.

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and even though he's a little bigger than MB, he's better on his feet.
That talk sort of reminds me of Lifer, they say he is better on his knees ;)

Go Bruins, wear knee protection!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brea Discussions

Search the Brea Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr LMSA Dad 4,819
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 200,351
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Ban Central Station 4,889
Review: Atrium Windows (Mar '09) 5 hr Susan 177
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) Mon GradsDad 1,270
Cypress Police Department (Aug '06) Mon cockroach killa 59
Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) Mon CUERVO 404
•••
•••

Brea News Video

•••
•••

Brea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000