Supporters of house bill HR4437 attend a rally for immigration ...

Full story: KCBS-TV Los Angeles

TUSTIN, Calif. The race to fill a vacant state Senate seat in Orange County could turn on the issue of illegal immigration in the traditionally conservative 35th District.
Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ken

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Stopping the illegal imigration into this country is JOB1! Identifing illegals is job2, and returning those that don't belong is job3! Those that do get returned we need to keep records on (finger prints, photos) so they can be identified and dealt with if caught back in America. America a Land of Laws! Not Lawlessness!
rafael

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2006

AMERICA IS ALSO A LAND OF IMMIGRANTS.
george b

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2006

whoever is behind this stupid proposal hr4437 to pass it then let me tell you something america is a land of freedom that does not belong to the white people it belongs to all the immigrants that are here and living in it.White peopele are immigrants too they do not have the right to kick out anybody. only the indians have the right to kick out anybody else because they were here first.
Patricia

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2006

I was born in this country. My son worked temporary jobs for years while he actively tried to get permanent work. He did anything and everything to make his money. At the same time he received no benefits - yet paid taxes that translated down into benefits for welfare frauds and illegals here! We've had enough! Its time for these people to do things the legal way or get out! I want to hear no more about guest worker passes, or amnesty. I'll glady pay more for my produce and anything else that goes up because they left here. When are the citizens of this country going to count for more then just being milkcows for more taxation?
Patricia

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2006

PS: my anscestors did not come here by sneaking across a border during the night. They came here legally! There is a big difference and we need to recognize it.
Diana

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2006

i think this bill is stupid like sennsebrener or how its spelled .. this land is from immigrants the ones who are illegal here are the ones who supposebly are citizens!!!!!!!(gringos)
brenda martinez

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2006

are parents came here too find a better life and you cant take that away we cant be stoped!!!!!!!!!! we work hard so we dont take your jobs you guys are just to lazy watching th o.c, laguna beach etc..
CAdude

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2006

You're all foolish and short-sighted. To make it a felony is stupid, and expensive. The polititicians and law-enforcement are taking you racist idiots for a ride and you don't even know it. The only reason I'm pointing it out is because it will end up costing every tax payer a shit load of money to enforce this foolish bill; because more jails will need to be built, more law enforcement will be needed, more OVERTIME HOURSs will be put on the books (guess who is loving that?), and in the end--it's all to keep out a bunch of Mexicans and stop them from doing gardening, farmwork, and construction work--fuck all the jobs white people love right? Plain stupid! Immigrants have always been here--always, America was built on their backs, and to slap them in the face is stupid. A more sensible plan is needed, not HR4437. But hey--don't believe me, pass it, and let the jail building, and high maintenance costs begin--yeah! A more sensible plan! A more sensible Plan! If you aren't smart enough to say no to stupidity, then fine--be stupid.
Ken wrote:
Stopping the illegal imigration into this country is JOB1! Identifing illegals is job2, and returning those that don't belong is job3! Those that do get returned we need to keep records on (finger prints, photos) so they can be identified and dealt with if caught back in America. America a Land of Laws! Not Lawlessness!
John Randall TX

Portland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2006

Maybe HR4437 isnít as economically friendly as I would like (ref: the cost of jailing illegalís) but leaving the door to our boarders wide open like it is now is unacceptable. If an American goes to Mexico can we expect the same hospitality from their government as they get here? No, plane and simple no! However once in America they get things like free med care, Spanish speaking teachers for their kids, U.S. drivers licenses and guaranteed job without taxation. And if they cant find a job we give them food stamps and put them in gov. sponsored housing. Which (by the way) the legal citizens taxes get to pay for.
Yes, their is no denying that this great country was built on the backs of immigrants but at the time our country was founded we needed the great masses to populate and cultivate this land. Today we donít and illegal immigrants from any corner of the earth by law do not qualify for protection under American civil liberties because they are here illegally. Thatís how the law reads, end of story.
Jose

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2006

I find it hard to believe sir,that you would actually treat another human being like a common criminal. Was it there fault that they were not born here? Should they have to suffer becuase of it? I think not. As human beings we have to watch for our own. They need our help and America needs there.
juan

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2006

Jose i agree with you. Illegal immigrants founded this country. There were badly paid and critizied. They should have our sympathy not our hatred.
Jose Renteria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2006

Immigrants are helping this country, working hard paying taxes, and would do any job that an american would not do.
BRI

Glenview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2006

John Randall TX wrote:
Maybe HR4437 isnít as economically friendly as I would like (ref: the cost of jailing illegalís) but leaving the door to our boarders wide open like it is now is unacceptable. If an American goes to Mexico can we expect the same hospitality from their government as they get here? No, plane and simple no! However once in America they get things like free med care, Spanish speaking teachers for their kids, U.S. drivers licenses and guaranteed job without taxation. And if they cant find a job we give them food stamps and put them in gov. sponsored housing. Which (by the way) the legal citizens taxes get to pay for.
Yes, their is no denying that this great country was built on the backs of immigrants but at the time our country was founded we needed the great masses to populate and cultivate this land. Today we donít and illegal immigrants from any corner of the earth by law do not qualify for protection under American civil liberties because they are here illegally. Thatís how the law reads, end of story.
HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU....
WHY WOULD AN AMERICAN WANT TO GO TO MEXICO BY CROSSING THE BORDER??
AMERICANS AREN'T THAT BIG OF RISK TAKERS SORRY!!!!
LEAVE THAT JOB TO THE SMART AND CARING MEXICANS ...SIGH....
BRI

Glenview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2006

HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU....
WHY WOULD AN AMERICAN WANT TO GO TO MEXICO BY CROSSING THE BORDER??
AMERICANS AREN'T THAT BIG OF RISK TAKERS SORRY!!!!
LEAVE THAT JOB TO THE SMART AND CARING MEXICANS ...SIGH....
BRI

Glenview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2006

During and after the war, many in the United States placed the majority of the blame for the Mexican-American War squarely on the shoulders of Mexico. Why do you think this is.....
\ EVER SINCE THE MEXICAN- AMERICAN WAR AMERICA HAS WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH MEXICO BECAUSE THEY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED AND THAT WAS CALIFORNIA AND TEXAS. BUT BEFORE WHEN THE U.S. DIDN'T HAVE THESE STATES YET THEY WERE NICE AND NICEST THEY COULD BE UNTIL THEY GOT THE LAND. EVER SINCE... THEY HAVE MADE MEXICO LOOK BAD. MAYBE IF THEY WOULD HAVE LET US KEEP OUR LAND!!! US MEXICANS WOULDN'T BE NEEDING TO COME OVER HERE TO USE WHAT USE TO BE OUR LAND.
DME

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2006

WE ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, WE ARE PART OF THE SOLUTION! I, AS A PROUD IMMIGRANT DID NOT COME TO TAKE SOMEONE ELSES JOB. I CAME TO DO WHAT NO ONE WANTED TO DO. TO THOSE WHO SIMPLY HATE US, JUST NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US, AND UNDERSTAND THAT FOR NOW WE ARE BEING THE U.S.A. "SCAPE GOATS" TO DISGUISE THE REAL PROBLEM. WE ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY.:-)
KLM

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2006

Immigration contributes over one million people to the U.S. population annually. The total foreign-born population in the U.S. is now 31.1 million, a record 57 percent increase since 1990. About 8 million of those are here illegally--a 4.5 million increase since 1990. Almost one-third of all immigration during the 1990s was illegal.

The U.S. population is growing by about 3.2 million people each year.

Along our ecologically fragile coasts, where nearly half the population lives, the U.S. is among the most densely populated countries in the world. The Northeast averages 767 people per square mile, while Haiti, for comparison, has 580. By 2010, when Californiaís population reaches 50 million, population densities in coastal California will reach 1,050 people per square mile.

While HR4437 is not the most feasable bill something must be done about the growing number of illegal immigrants. Understandably this country was founded on people immigrating here, but that was before this land was densely populated with people. Since then government has been instituted and laws have been enacted and the United States no longer has an open door allowing just anyone to enter. I do not deny the fact that the immigrant labor force is very much a vital part of our economy and that most people immigrating here come to find a better life for themselves and their families. I do feel however, that a law is still a law and all countries have their own citizenship laws and just because I have a desire to become a citizen of a said country does not mean that I am a citizen. If I were to travel to any country right now and try to become a citizen it would not happen over night. I would be required to learn the language of the host country and not expect them to learn my language. If I want to live in France I should speak French. No other country that I know of is so accomodating to it's foreign-born people.Countries do not make laws to harm people they are intended to protect them and while the particular bill in question would seemingly harm tons of illegal immigrants as long as they continued to stand up for themselves I can almost be sure that ammendments would be made, the government can't shut out 31 million voices. I do not have a 100% position on either side. I do feel that immigration is a problem and that some laws need to change to protect the country and the immigrants themselves. I also dont feel that breaking up families and locking tons of people up is the best way to spend the money that taxpayers put into this country. I strongly fear that this whole debate will bring with it lots of hate that at this point we as people do not need to have
Jose Jose

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2006

Hey, since amnesty is imminent and we will all soon be American brothers and sisters, does anybody have a white sister, daughter, aunt or anybody that would love to marry a male hispanic? I would love to lighten up the skin color of my family. Pleae let me know... I'm eager to start acting like an American.
brett

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

rafael wrote:
AMERICA IS ALSO A LAND OF IMMIGRANTS.
Yes, a Land of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
maria

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2006

Jose wrote:
I find it hard to believe sir,that you would actually treat another human being like a common criminal. Was it there fault that they were not born here? Should they have to suffer becuase of it? I think not. As human beings we have to watch for our own. They need our help and America needs there.
I agree i think it's just stupid the way there treating people who arn't born here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 min LandOlubbers 200,571
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr air mail 7,924
RAD Beast Supercar Enters Production 7 hr connents77 4
William bill briley or tonya briley 7 hr gghhuu 1
Pony vs Little League (Dec '09) 7 hr hold on tight 113
Shooting of pregnant South El Monte woman may b... 19 hr Girl 1
•••

Brea News Video

•••
Brea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••