Los Angeles celebrates Brazil

Sep 12, 2010 Read more: LA Daily News 8
The music, food and art of Brazil was brought to the La Brea Tar Pits Sunday for the fifth annual Brazilian Day in L.A. While South America's largest country is often linked with feathery costumes, thongs or state-of-the-art plastic surgery, Sunday's event was a family-friendly affair, long on true beauty and short on cultural cliches. Read more
Go Home

Manhattan Beach, CA

#1 Sep 13, 2010
How much did this little event cost L.A. tax payers? Mexican Independence Day, too, and we couldn't pop for a celebration for our OWN Independence Day!
Anamouse

Redondo Beach, CA

#2 Sep 13, 2010
I don't mind any excuse to mix with friends and have a good time, but I am a little upset about our recent trend to ignore our own national holidays and celebrate foreign holidays instead.

Memorial day just passed and half the kids in California don't even know what it celebrates, but they sure think they know what cinco de mayo is all about.

Well they think they do, most think it's a Mexican Independence Day, but it's not. It celebrates one battle victory.
Ace

Glendale, CA

#3 Sep 13, 2010
La did not celebrate Brazil. There were no naked or scantily clad women dancing in the street. If there were I would have been there.
Anamouse

Redondo Beach, CA

#4 Sep 13, 2010
Ace wrote:
La did not celebrate Brazil. There were no naked or scantily clad women dancing in the street. If there were I would have been there.
Good point.

Since: Nov 10

Scottsdale, AZ

#7 Nov 17, 2010
The music, food and art of Brazil was brought to the La Brea Tar Pits Sunday for the fifth annual Brazilian Day in L.A.
TPMP 35

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#8 Nov 19, 2010
Go Home wrote:
How much did this little event cost L.A. tax payers? Mexican Independence Day, too, and we couldn't pop for a celebration for our OWN Independence Day!
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp...

Since: Jun 12

Chandigarh, India

#9 Jun 5, 2012
independence day is a national holiday marked by patrotic displays in most brazilian cities. In these day celebration a long parade military in the presence of the brazilian president . These are 30,000 people participated and they are full enjoyed
ikyb

Milltown, NJ

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Holidays of the Demon, Bravo!, Free Condoms Orgy on the street.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longest-serving Santa Cruz traffic cop retires (Aug '10) 22 min See Tom_See Tom C 108
Coppers Blew A Dog 2 hr Thuie 1
News Police Dog Forces Man to Surrender After Pursuit 3 hr discocrisco 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr tom wingo 29,516
News Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 11 hr Time to wake up 1,327
News Seven-acre vegetation fire burns near Anaheim H... 18 hr Rick 1
News El Monte street gang is one the area's largest,... (May '09) 19 hr La Looney DE EM H... 265
More from around the web

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]