Voters may change Brazoria alcohol laws

There are 5 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Nov 5, 2007, titled Voters may change Brazoria alcohol laws. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

“Every place should have a good quality of life”

For years, anyone who's wanted to buy wine in Brazoria County has had to travel to a neighboring county. via KHOU-TV Houston

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

Jim McCoy

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2007
This proposal was pushed through by Wal Mart, by having peoplle hawk shoppers outside their stores. They want the added revenues as if they don't make enough now. I am a recovered alcoholic who knows the distruction that alcohol can have on ones life. the danger of this proposal is not the drinker who wants to share an occasional bottle of wine with their wife (or husband) during dinner, it is the teenager who can't stand the taste of beer, but can tolerate the taste of cheap wine. Do you really want you and your family to drive on the same highway as these drunk teenagers? I certainly do not and the closer and more convenient taht you make it the more of a problem we will have.
ACE FREEPORT TEXAS

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2007
IN PASSED EXPERICES WHERE YOU CAN NOT BUY IT DOES STOP PEOPLE FROM DRINKING JUST MAKES THEM DRIVE LONGER DISTANCE TO GET ACOHOL AND PUTS MORE DRUNKEN DRINKER ON HIGHWAY CAUSE THIER IS NOT ENOUGH POLICE TO CATCH THE DRINKER OR THR SPEEDERS SO LET THEM BUY IT CLOSE BUYTO THIER HOUSES AND DRINK AT HOME. AS FAR AS TEENAGERS THE PARENTS NEED TO KEEP A LITTLE TIGHTER REIN ON THE TEENAGERS RATHER LETTING THEM RUN WILD.LIKE PARENT YOU TO DO.
WHATEVER

Katy, TX

#3 Nov 12, 2007
could there be anymore ignorant people in pearland

quote from "Jim Mc Coy" "Who knows the DISTRUCTION...."

its destruction

and ACE FREEPORT< that post is so full of grammar and issues that it's quite funny!

pearland needs EDUMUCATION QUICK~!
Informed citizen

Lake Jackson, TX

#4 Dec 8, 2007
Most arguments against the lifting of the present laws are innane. To say this is a slap in the face of recovering alcoholics is no different than saying all knives, crowbars and baseball bat sales should be banned in brazoria county out of consideration of violent assault survivors. Ban automobiles while you are at it. Look at all the innocent people they slaughter. At the root of all this is a person who is at fault, not an inanimate object that can do nothing by itself.
Been through it citizen

Groton, CT

#5 Dec 10, 2007
I was in lake jackson for Thanksgiving visiting some friends from that area and I was shocked when I found out it was a dry county and even more shocked when they didn't sell me liquor in Freeport because my license was from out of state. Alcohol is a great substance to use when breaking ice with guest and or enjoying a night out with your friends. What Brazoria should do is do what's been done for years, leave responsible people alone and lock up those who see alcohol as an invincible juice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brazoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Juan ozuna May 19 wiso 1
News Lake Jackson considers teen curfew (Aug '08) May 19 Late Gas 6
News Texas Lawmakers call for border oversight, goal... May 9 huey goins 2
Debate: Marijuana - Angleton, TX (Aug '10) May 6 eric 7
Judge Hufstetler a disgrace to Brazoria County? (Jul '14) Apr '15 Jacob eversole 4
More from around the web

Brazoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]