Raideye Properties/Slumlords

Posted in the Brazil Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
igiveacare

Westville, IL

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Recently rented a property from Raideye. Didn't do my homework first. House sucks. They told me that within two weeks of when I moved in, I could make a list and they would make repairs. They are big, fat liars. I made the list, and they have said no to just about everything. Got on line to post a comment on their website and found many others who accused them of being slumlords and related similiar experiences to the one I had. They said they paid to have the house cleaned, liars, the house was filthy. Smelled like something had died inside the frig. They told me they would have new plumbing installed, still waiting for that to happen. I won't hold my breath on that one. Half of the windows won't open and the ones that will, don't have screens. I am just trying to get the word out so more people don't make the same mistake I made. They take your money and don't give you what they promised for it in return. My opinion is that they are lazy, money hungry liars that don't care what kind of reputation they have.
Wait

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2010
igiveacare wrote:
Recently rented a property from Raideye. Didn't do my homework first. House sucks. They told me that within two weeks of when I moved in, I could make a list and they would make repairs. They are big, fat liars. I made the list, and they have said no to just about everything. Got on line to post a comment on their website and found many others who accused them of being slumlords and related similiar experiences to the one I had. They said they paid to have the house cleaned, liars, the house was filthy. Smelled like something had died inside the frig. They told me they would have new plumbing installed, still waiting for that to happen. I won't hold my breath on that one. Half of the windows won't open and the ones that will, don't have screens. I am just trying to get the word out so more people don't make the same mistake I made. They take your money and don't give you what they promised for it in return. My opinion is that they are lazy, money hungry liars that don't care what kind of reputation they have.
Simply take them to court for breach of contract. You did get all of that in writing before moving in...right? Should be a fairly cut and dry case.
tom thumb

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Oct 15, 2010
are the stuck windows in bedrooms? They have to open for safety, per the fire code. Call the building inspector or city attorneys office
igiveacare

Hoopeston, IL

#4 Oct 17, 2010
Thanks for your suggestions! I will try all options. Wish me luck.
DeltaSig2013

Greencastle, IN

#5 Feb 4, 2012
Beware, Raideye is now known as "Hunter Properties"... Same ol' slums, same ol' crappy staff (less the one good guy that worked there, they fired him in the change over)... I'd recommend the Lighthouse Mission before renting from them.
Tenant rights

United States

#6 Feb 4, 2012
igiveacare wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions! I will try all options. Wish me luck.
you have rights as a tenant to a dwelling that meets Indiana code. If you have problems with plumbing, heat, fire code, safety, pests and cleaningless of the dwelling, contact the vigo county building inspector and health department. I hope you took pictures of the place before you moved in. Also, all requests you make to the landlord should be in writing and sent certified mail.
Who are the owners of this business?
DeltaSig2013

Greencastle, IN

#7 Feb 6, 2012
A bunch of investors from out of state own it....Calling building inspector doesnt help, the property manager parties with the building inspector, so he just looks the other way....
tenant rights

United States

#8 Feb 6, 2012
DeltaSig2013 wrote:
A bunch of investors from out of state own it....Calling building inspector doesnt help, the property manager parties with the building inspector, so he just looks the other way....
TH isn't the highest you can go. State of Indiana and Federal have departments to handle this. Also, take pictures, after attempting to request the repairs in writing, send a certified letter terminating the lease based on the code violations. Doubtful, the landlord takes you to court, but if they do, countersue for the rent paid and security deposit.
ratemonster

Belvidere, IL

#9 Jun 15, 2012
I would avoid any properties run by raideye/hunter properties. They are nasty, filthy, overrun by roaches and fleas. The management refuses to repair anything. They will rip you off, take your money, and then screw you. We've had computer oerating systems, jewelery, personal property, prescribed narcotic meds stolen by these people.

They will lie, cheat, steal, walk in unannounced while you and your significant other are in the middle of sex, without knowcking, and then, like the sick perverts they are, will stand there and actually watch!

The manager, refferred to as yellow screaming bugbitch will force her way into your apartment, insult you, lie, steal and threaten you, and intimidate your g/f, b/f, break into your property and steal jewelery, money, computer software and prescribed medications. They will illegally hook up to your electricity, lie about the law, and when you threaten to complain, state that if they make one phone call, have all of your complaints with the housing inspectors taken off the docket by cathy pfister, who runs the economic commitee, who has pull with the government.

They refuse to repair anything, even things required by law. They can have your court case thrown out by the courts. These people are rotten to the core. They go through all of your belongings when you're not home, and steal what they want, and then threaten you if you complain. They lie about the housing laws, and take advantage of the mentally ill. Avoid at all cost. Better to live on the street!
anon

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2012
igiveacare wrote:
We are seeking all present, and former tenants of Raideye Properties, LLC, and Hunter Properties, LLC persuant to a lawsuit to be filed in the Circuit Courts of Vigo County, Terre Haute, Indiana. Plaintiffs seek to show a history of abuse, false advertising, failure to honor legal contracts and obligations with their present and former tenants, failure to keep properties in a safe and habitable condition, endangering the lives and health of present and former tenants, failure to address roach and flea infestations, illegal theft of services, to whit, electrical power, failure to return illegally withheld security deposits, purgery, deceptive practices, threats, theft of personal property and monies, theft of medications, failure to provide proper security to properties, damage of personal property, and endangerment of tenants and visitors to tenant properties.

We seek any and all former and present tenants, it being our desire to bring to the courts attention a history of deceptive practices, and failure to honor legal obligations in this matter.

Any who seek restitution are instructed to e mail [email protected] with pertinant information in this matter persuant to legal actions against Raideye Properties LLC, and Hunter Properties, LLC, et al

“The Ministry of Information”

Since: Jan 12

Terre Haute, In

#11 Jun 19, 2012
*perjury

Since: Jun 12

United States

#12 Jun 19, 2012
Thanks, Keep Calm. Appreciate that :) and we will keep calm, and carry on. We've pictures, and are going to the state or feds with this. The monies are federally funded, state controlled, as both of us are on disability.
Enigma

River Grove, IL

#13 Jun 19, 2012
When I first dealt with then known "Phrazer Appartments" I didn't know about the tar baby I was getting myself into. They showed me three different apartments, the last being the nicest and gave me a choice. I chose the last one and found out 9 months later that the water pump that ran 12 apartments was hooked to my electric bill.

They did nothing to rectify the situation and refused to pay me back for monies lost. The next spring they had one of their incompetent maintenance people run into my car with a dixie chopper. They said nothing. Acted as if it didn't even happen. As if MY parking place was not where I should be parking.

Every since I moved into the apartment, I have fought roaches, fleas and appliances the do not work ruining food I don't have the funds to pay for.

Their staff are rude. They yell at you infront of other tenants or would be tenants. Their office is a mess, everytime they move and it doesn't get any better. On registers of payments, they have names on them as renters that I have absolutely no idea who it is.

Save your money, hold out for something better and steer as far away from Phrazer/Raideye/Hunter apartments.

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Hunter properties, Terre Haute, LLC will do an illegal eviction on you, claim the damage that was there when you moved in was caused by you, lie, cheat, steal, double deal, and sue you for damages present when you took possession. They are perjurying themselves in court at this time, have broken many ic codes (Indiana laws regaering running of rental properties, and do not have a real estate broker's license, required in the state of Indiana to do business as a rental management company.

We have been threatened by them, had our privacy invaded, and was seen buck ass naked by Stephanie Boone and Marsha. They will neglect pets left on the premises, make false claims as to damages, and pay off judges in small claims court. Your best bet is to pay the $75.00 to take them to plenary court, and ask for a jury trial.
Enigma

Belvidere, IL

#15 Dec 27, 2012
They have broken so many IC codes it's not funny. They were supposed to give us a three month notice, in writting that our lease was about up. We got nothing. They were supposed to tell us that they had filed for eviction. We found out 1 hour before having to be in court. We have fought flea and roach infestations since we moved into their property. Now they are blaming their infestation on us. The place had an old pooped and peed on couch in it, we asked them to remove it. My husband, who is disabled with Lupus, had to cut the thing apart and we had to move it. There was cat or dog feces on the counter tops and floor when we moved in. Yet another thing we complained about. The walls needed painted. They refused to do that as well. We even asked them if we could paint the walls. Ya know, throw a little color in the house. They refused to paint the house and refused to allow us to paint. The kitchen floor had big gapping holes in the lanolium when we moved in. Asked them to fix that. It's still not fixed. There was no refridgerator in the house when we moved in. They DID put one in but it was so full of mold we complained and they washed (if that's what you want to call it) it out.

The month of eviction, they took rent for that month. When the judge heard about that, he did a face palm and shook nis head. Of course miss boone chimes in, "I can pay it back"

We have gotton a lawyer that works for Terry Modesetes firm. They saw that and didn't want to wait until our lawyer got everything together.

They have taken thousands of dollars worth of clothes, a meteorite worth over $20,000.00, radios for amature radios, antiques, vandalized our stuff (and are blaming it on us) neglected our animals, and a plethera of other things.

Frazer/raideye/hunter properties llc are the worst landlords in town! They make, from what I've found on the net anywhere bbetween$500,000.00 to $10,000,000.00 a year. They bank on college students renting their properties so that way when they take them to court they don't have the time to really fight them and therefore win by default.

Let this be a warning to all that look at frazer/raideye/hunter as your new landlords. They are not nice people. They will take every dime you have if they get a chance.

Steer clear!!!
Enigma

Belvidere, IL

#16 Dec 27, 2012
Correction: $500,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 a year

United States

#17 Feb 14, 2013
We sued them, and got our deposit back. This is the trick; they have 45 days, no more, to get you an itemized bill for damages. If they fail to get it to you within 45 days, they waive all rights to recover damages, and MUST return your security deposit in full. This doesn't take a lawyer to win, just some research of Indiana codes regarding tenant/landlord rights.

So, they CAN be beat, if you do the work, research what's legal, and fight. Take pictures of everything from the moment you get the apartment. Document EVERYTHING. Send requests for repairs by certified mail, and ask for signiture required, receipt requested. This proves you mailed repair requests.

Good luck to you in your battle. It can be won!
anon tenant

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Feb 18, 2013
...not sure who you are but I rent from Hunter Terre Haute Properties and they are GREAT!

I saw my unit when former tenants lived in it and though it was messy with their boxes and moving-out mess, my mind's eye could see past all that to what it would look like with my stuff in it.

The unit was freshly painted before I moved in, new blinds put in, basic repairs completed, and it was cleaned prior to my lease-signing. I am a neat-nik (sp?) so of course, I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom again prior to bringing food into the place - something I would have done with a brand-new home.

My move-in inspection was held, I mentioned a few items that needed work and maintenance came within the week to complete it! I make work requests as needed via e-mail, the staff responds to them, and maintenance does the work.

You must be talking about some other company! Either that, or you were the problem - sorry, no offense - not the company. My experience has been NOTHING like what you described!

United States

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Ah, so all these other reports must be mistaken as well. Interesting. Gee, I wonder who you work for...
Seems if We were the problem, then the company WOULDN'T have lost their case, now would they?

United States

#20 Feb 18, 2013
After all, it's in public records. So are a lot of other complaints against this company, who, by the way, received an "F" from the B.B.B.

Just sayin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haworth NOT GUILTY 5 min Another goes free 4
Boycott all temp agencies 8 min Resident 6
Donnie Young and Sonya Kimbrough Young cheaters 8 min Notarealsheriff 2
Questions for the school board 11 min ANDY Griffith 17
Who knows Donnie Young? 19 min Heisaloser 1
News Suspended Terre Haute police officer pleads gui... 28 min Duke defender 1
Thief 42 min Bobby 1

Brazil Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance