Brazil man jailed for alleged Faceboo...

Brazil man jailed for alleged Facebook threats against Terre Haute City officials

There are 21 comments on the Tribune-Star story from Feb 17, 2011, titled Brazil man jailed for alleged Facebook threats against Terre Haute City officials. In it, Tribune-Star reports that:

A Brazil man who allegedly used Facebook and e-mail to threaten Terre Haute police and city officials has been arrested for stalking, intimidation and resisting law enforcement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tribune-Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
funny

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Feb 17, 2011
It looks like we got one of the cop haters off of here. This is funny. Most of these idiots can easily be found. You all better think next time, before you write something inflammatory about someone anywhere on the internet.
Crazy Talk

Clearfield, PA

#2 Feb 17, 2011
Glad to hear this nut is being addressed before he actually hurt someone, but I'm a little confused about a couple of points in this article.

^ It says the suspect was at home at a Brazil address.
* Terre Haute police and, "other officers" questioned him. Were the other officers also Terr Haute City, or were there State Police, Clay County, or Brazil City officers there?
* The mother was asked to take her son to the police station. Was this the Terre Haute station, or the Brazil City station?
* Where did the court procedings take place, Brazil or Terre Haute?

Again, glad he is under wraps for now, just currious about the procedural points.

Thanks!
Big Zub

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Feb 17, 2011
OK lets hear it from all you tough guy cop bashers.

Hello?

Hello?

Awful quiet on this thread.
Rick

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Feb 17, 2011
looks like they gave him a good a** kicking!!!!! Shouldn't threaten someone if you can't back it up...
Larry

Patton, PA

#6 Feb 17, 2011
funny wrote:
It looks like we got one of the cop haters off of here. This is funny. Most of these idiots can easily be found. You all better think next time, before you write something inflammatory about someone anywhere on the internet.
Lets see 34 yrs old, ex con, still lives with his Mommy, no job, looks like a nut.

Prob plays with himself as he bashs.

LOL Sounds like Evil.
Evil

AOL

#7 Feb 17, 2011
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see 34 yrs old, ex con, still lives with his Mommy, no job, looks like a nut.
Prob plays with himself as he bashs.
LOL Sounds like Evil.
Hey Jerk that wasnt me!

Im not an excon!!!

All the other stuff is right tho :)

Email me:

[email protected]
Curious

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Feb 17, 2011
What screen name did this Thomas Arnold guy post under on this forum?
good

United States

#9 Feb 17, 2011
This is great. Did you see his mug shot they showed on news tonight. It showed him after resisting a previous arrest.
Crazy Talk

Clearfield, PA

#10 Feb 17, 2011
good wrote:
This is great. Did you see his mug shot they showed on news tonight. It showed him after resisting a previous arrest.
Now you know that the police can't help it if an unruly resistent offender decides to block with his face. Besides, who really ever expects to win a fight with the police when there are several of them and only one dumbass crook? These kinds of crooks only use their heads to block punches.
haha

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Feb 17, 2011
Curious wrote:
probably about 50 like the other 1 or two funny guys do
mike hawk

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Feb 18, 2011
Was it Professional Ace Kicker?
About time

Elko, NV

#13 Feb 18, 2011
He should have been pulled in long ago. People may have their own opinions on police officers but it IS against the law to threaten one, and judges too. That guy was just more or less begging to be taken into custody. Ironic that now he has to sit and stare at the same system he was so vehemently against.
Cledus

Punxsutawney, PA

#14 Feb 18, 2011
Curious wrote:
That's kind of a silly question since there's very few of us on here that use the same screen more then once...huh "Curious"?

His post aren't hard to find, he was one the one's whose location would show up as "United States".
Wrong

Palmyra, WI

#15 Feb 19, 2011
Cledus wrote:
<quoted text>
.....His post aren't hard to find, he was one the one's whose location would show up as "United States".
Actually the location that shows up under the screenname has very little to do with one's actual location, but rather how your ISP routes your connection through its network. My posts randomly show up as a variety of locations...including United States on occasion...and I am NOT Mr. Arnold.
Cledus

Moscow, Russia

#16 Feb 19, 2011
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the location that shows up under the screenname has very little to do with one's actual location, but rather how your ISP routes your connection through its network. My posts randomly show up as a variety of locations...including United States on occasion...and I am NOT Mr. Arnold.
I'm pretty sure I understand the IP thingie. Like I posted earlier, MOST of Mr. Arnolds posts showed the location of "United States".

Since: Dec 10

United States

#17 Mar 5, 2011
Mr. Arnold was a first class idiot on so many levels. I love the part about how they traced the IP to a residence on US 40. Thats funny. Frontier Communications couldn't wipe their ass if the toilet seat was made out of Charmin. They wrote that because they want to sound "techie". I've dealt with state and local "network investigators". Mention anything more in depth than reverse DNS and you get the glazed look.

Besides, doesn't everyone have a wireless router? WEP is easily compromised.

"I'm sorry judge, but I think my wireless gateway was compromised. I didn't do it."

No, this guy would have only been MORE obvious if he had walked into the police station and threatened them directly. He almost WANTED to get caught, as strange as they may seem.

It should, however, be a warning to those cop bashers. I'm one of them. Don't trust them. Don't need them. Wish they'd find a real job, however, threatening any human being is a violation of that person's common law right to feel safe, and therefore, is immoral and inherently criminal. As much as I dislike cops, cop culture and corruption, I do not wish them any harm and never have. Its not wrong as a cop hater, its wrong as a human, a man, living and breathing on the land.
The Cops

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Mar 7, 2011
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
. It should, however, be a warning to those cop bashers. I'm one of them. Don't trust them. Don't need them. Wish they'd find a real job.
We know you are... and your next :(

Since: Dec 10

West Terre Haute, IN

#19 Mar 20, 2011
The Cops wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you are... and your next :(
You're late.

I'm not getting any younger and you're not getting any smarter.

Any of my responses will be in accord with the Laws of the State of Indiana. Your breach of them could get expensive. So, since I break no laws and you can't come get me without a warrant, sir, I suggest you call off your immoral dealings.

I do not understand and I will not comply, but, I may respond.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Mar 21, 2011
Looks like this guy got a serious beat down by the cops. Hope he has a good lawyer, I don't think you can miss with those pics.
Fabulus

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Nov 25, 2011
Whatever happened with this nut job anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
weatherford cut 1 hr Rock On 7
Women and Lingerie 2 hr Cindy 10
harbors color porch lights 3 hr pizzaboy 1
Maybe it was more 4 hr Missed you 1
Danny Stultz 4 hr Dannys Boss 23
body found 4 hr ThoughtIdSaySo 10
why r women so bossy 4 hr ike 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brazil Mortgages