2-Hour Delay... but not for teachers.

Posted in the Brazil Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 2, 2013
When schools call in a 2 hour delay, it's only for students. Teachers are expected to be there at regular hours.

Reasons for delay:
-Extreme cold temperatures
-Intense/unsafe Fog
-Inclement weather
-Unsafe roadways

Thoughts?
AA

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Feb 2, 2013
Lapibajo wrote:
When schools call in a 2 hour delay, it's only for students. Teachers are expected to be there at regular hours.

Reasons for delay:
-Intense/unsafe Fog
-Inclement weather
-Unsafe roadways

Thoughts?
I think that sucks. However, I happen to have a job where even if everything else closes down, I still have to be at work. I see your point, though.
bystander

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Feb 2, 2013
So?!
Nada

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Feb 2, 2013
It's about the kids, not the teachers. I have to go to work...I don't get a delay. How about we turn the tables and ask what we think about you getting the summer off. I don't. I get 2 weeks a year...how many does a teacher get? If you are unhappy with the rules, find another job.
bystander

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Nada wrote:
It's about the kids, not the teachers. I have to go to work...I don't get a delay. How about we turn the tables and ask what we think about you getting the summer off. I don't. I get 2 weeks a year...how many does a teacher get? If you are unhappy with the rules, find another job.
Agreed! I don't get a Delay! I have to go to work no mattered what! Wa wa wa!
Ink

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Lapibajo wrote:
Reasons for delay:
-Intense/unsafe Fog
-Inclement weather
-Unsafe roadways
Thoughts?
AND your point? Of course it is for the safety of the children. Teachers can make it at 8:00 without endangering a large number of students. WTF?
JeepWranger

Belvidere, IL

#7 Feb 2, 2013
I'm a teacher and when we are on a delay, we go in two hours later just like the students. Most corporations are like that. Not sure which corporation expects that from its teachers. As far as getting the summer off - I chose my profession and worked hard to gain my teaching degree and license. I went to school to gain the benefits I have, and summers off is a big benefit.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Who gives a rats ass the teachers are worthless and lazy anyways. So you have a 2 hr delay the lazy ass teachers are sitting in the lounge eating donuts and drinking coffee and talking about the little brats in their classes.
Time Zone

Park Ridge, NJ

#9 Feb 2, 2013
When they took away half-days a couple of years back, teachers raised hell because they didn't have enough time for planning, test they needed to take & what-not. Go in early and do those things. You get paid, get in there and do something with that time.
AA

Crawfordsville, IN

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Lapibajo wrote:
<quoted text>Worthless? Lazy?
Interesting...
What did you expect when you asked the idiots on this site??? Lol
Whatsup

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Lapibajo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I never said I was unhappy with my job. I love my job. I was simply asking for outsiders thoughts.
2. Teachers don't get paid for the summer. Teachers get paid for their time in the classroom. Period.
You get paid a salary tht accounts for that...you are not hourly...so don't pretend that you only get paid 10 months of the year because you don't. Delusional..no wonder our kids aren't learning anything.
AA

Crawfordsville, IN

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Whatsup wrote:
<quoted text>You get paid a salary tht accounts for that...you are not hourly...so don't pretend that you only get paid 10 months of the year because you don't. Delusional..no wonder our kids aren't learning anything.
Either that or you're doing a terrible job of teaching them at home....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Whatsup wrote:
<quoted text>You get paid a salary tht accounts for that...you are not hourly...so don't pretend that you only get paid 10 months of the year because you don't. Delusional..no wonder our kids aren't learning anything.
Salary based on the 10 months... NOT 12.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Lapibajo wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting paid to much anyways. Look at the drop outs and look at the worthless teachers we have. Ought to fire the ones who have been there over 15 years and bring in new teachers fresh out of college who are in touch with the world.
Burt

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Feb 2, 2013
None of you must have teachers in the family. spouse works elementary, never gets planning time, any free time filled with lunchroom, recess, or bus duty. Grading papers til all hours of the night. Emailing and calling parents all the time who don't give a damn about their own kids education and then get mad when their lazy ass kid gets a bad grade. Easily 10-12 hour days. Two months off in the summer is exactly what they need to do to recharge for another school year filled with the ungrateful public and politicians who nothing about teaching.
Burt

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Feb 2, 2013
Oh and Walter Cronkite you are a moron. Spouse has a Masters, rediculous student loans, makes $35k, and shells out about $1500 a year of our money on school supplies. Gets a mere fraction of that back at tax time. Make too much money? You are delusional!
Clueless

Chicago, IL

#21 Feb 3, 2013
Walter Cronkite wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting paid to much anyways. Look at the drop outs and look at the worthless teachers we have. Ought to fire the ones who have been there over 15 years and bring in new teachers fresh out of college who are in touch with the world.
You must've been one of those dropouts. There's too much stupidity here for me to even begin to address. BTW, teachers in VCSC get paid for 182 days of work. Most choose to have that pay spread out over the entire year. Teachers do not have paid time off.

Location hidden

#22 Feb 3, 2013
Must have hit a raw nerve with these LAZY teachers. Think is time to get rid of some of them.
Whatsup

Terre Haute, IN

#23 Feb 3, 2013
Lapibajo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that lame reasoning? It's your yearly salary...if not I guess when you apply for loans, etc. you surely mention I make X amount per 10 months..your the exact reason why our kids are lacking any common sense nowadays.
Whatsup

Terre Haute, IN

#24 Feb 3, 2013
Burt wrote:
None of you must have teachers in the family. spouse works elementary, never gets planning time, any free time filled with lunchroom, recess, or bus duty. Grading papers til all hours of the night. Emailing and calling parents all the time who don't give a damn about their own kids education and then get mad when their lazy ass kid gets a bad grade. Easily 10-12 hour days. Two months off in the summer is exactly what they need to do to recharge for another school year filled with the ungrateful public and politicians who nothing about teaching.
Recharge? Seriously. We all have to recharge. Why don't we let our police or fire fighters off 2 months? Get off the high horse...nobody says teaching is easy...but life isn't easy. If you don't like what you do, do something else, but don't expect others to feel like teachers deserve two months off to recharge...they dont. But if you believe what some say, that 2 months is non paid...so a moot point...but that's malarkey too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norm for city clerk 10 min cricket 5
West Terre Haute Coach 14 min Coach 12
Clay Sheriff Hawaii Trip!!! Wow!!! 18 min ClayCountyCC 6
News Jail, restaurant tax discussed at County Counci... 25 min LOL 9
What is a cult and how do you know you are in one? 28 min Hey pickles 5
Who resigned quit from South high School 46 min THN 5
Supreme Heating and Cooling Sucks 1 hr Just saying 3

Brazil Jobs

Personal Finance

Brazil Mortgages