banning smoking in public parks?

Posted in the Brazil Forum

Since: Mar 13

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Mar 27, 2013
this still makes me wonder what good this would do stopping me from smoking when im on my boat in a public park or outdoors anyways facts are not what they seem. if they are so concerned with my health why not bann trucks and trains from vigo county?
http://mvgordie.com/2013/03/11/mvgordie-com-c...
Molly

Charlestown, IN

#2 Mar 27, 2013
The biggest problem with smokers is all the buts they leave ALL OVER THE PLACE. Nothing like swimming through cig butts at the lake or beach or making sand castles with cig butts. That's why it should be banned in all parks.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Molly wrote:
The biggest problem with smokers is all the buts they leave ALL OVER THE PLACE. Nothing like swimming through cig butts at the lake or beach or making sand castles with cig butts. That's why it should be banned in all parks.
Or they could just enforce.litter laws already on the books instead of passing more nanny state bullshit.
Molly

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Pimpin in a Double Wide wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they could just enforce.litter laws already on the books instead of passing more nanny state bullshit.
I agree but the cops are also tossing their butts also. And as well as the problem they have to see the person littering. Do we hire more cops to combat lack of personal responsibility. Or just ban smoking in parks.

United States

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Molly wrote:
<quoted text> I agree but the cops are also tossing their butts also. And as well as the problem they have to see the person littering. Do we hire more cops to combat lack of personal responsibility. Or just ban smoking in parks.
So your rationale is that enforcing littering laws are too difficult yet you propose additional laws that also won't be able to be enforced. How is that going to accomplish anything?
Molly

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
So your rationale is that enforcing littering laws are too difficult yet you propose additional laws that also won't be able to be enforced. How is that going to accomplish anything?
You make a excellent point. But witch is the better - easeyer getting smokers to dispose of their butts properly or banning it out right. Sucks we have to make laws because smokers arnt courteous or responsable.

United States

#9 Mar 27, 2013
Cig Addicted Copulator wrote:
So now after we copulated and reproduced, we can not poison the fruit of our copulation with second hand cig smoke in the home, in the car, in the park, or anywhere else we damn please.
What is the matter with you people?
It was our product. It belongs to us. If it grows up thinking that it is worthless because we are allowed to poison it, so be it.
WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE?
There's not a single thread on Topix that manages to get past ten posts before some dumbfuck chimes in. The thread was about smoking in parks, an open air area where second hand smoke is a non issue retard. I know its hard, but let's try to stay focused.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#10 Mar 27, 2013
I fail to see how smoking in the open air is going to harm anyone more than the pollution we already suffer. If you happen to walk by a smoker give him a wide berth. Don't stand next to him or have a conversation with him while he is smoking. By the same standard let the smokers walk away from a group while they indulge.

Is this some yuppie supermom with control issues who wants to correct smokers?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 27, 2013
Why not just make a smoking area in each park with an ashtray?
Granny

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Mar 28, 2013
Just more of our freedoms taken away.

United States

#17 Mar 28, 2013
Cig Addicted Copulator wrote:
<quoted text>
It behooves me to reiterate!
We don't need a reminder of your stupidity, it's glaringly apparent.

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
There's not a single thread on Topix that manages to get past ten posts before some dumbfuck chimes in. The thread was about smoking in parks, an open air area where second hand smoke is a non issue retard. I know its hard, but let's try to stay focused.
AMEN we must know one another in the real world..lol

Terre Haute, IN

#22 Apr 2, 2013
it is funny how diesel fumes found to be more toxic yet chances for Indiana youth hasn't moved to save us from the diesel trucks and trains that bombard us with toxins not just in our parks but in our homes.

i found a out that actually dog crap is a toxic waste under the EPA so should we also ban dogs from public areas . and i like dogs and could care less
but whats more toxic me smoking in a boat?
in the middle of a lake or me stepping in dog crap that is considered to be a toxic agent? and since the chances for Indiana youth decided to try and take away some of my freedoms using moneys i donated to support there causes i can no longer support them in any way no more dancing with the stars for me no more anything. i hope others follow and reject this group.
Barfly

Terre Haute, IN

#24 Apr 2, 2013
An interesting occurrence from last week: a friend of mine was driving about 12 mph over the speed limit on 63 north of TH. Cop pulled him over. Did he get a ticket for speeding? No, he saw him flick a cigarette out the window as he pulled over, and he was ticketed for littering, which is the bigger fine (up to $1000). Believe me, it's all about the money! So, yes, they ARE enforcing the litter laws to some extent. It'll be interesting what kind of fine he'll get, has a court appearance coming up.

Terre Haute, IN

#26 Apr 12, 2013
Barfly wrote:
An interesting occurrence from last week: a friend of mine was driving about 12 mph over the speed limit on 63 north of TH. Cop pulled him over. Did he get a ticket for speeding? No, he saw him flick a cigarette out the window as he pulled over, and he was ticketed for littering, which is the bigger fine (up to $1000). Believe me, it's all about the money! So, yes, they ARE enforcing the litter laws to some extent. It'll be interesting what kind of fine he'll get, has a court appearance coming up.
any word on the outcome of this?
Joe Cool

Terre Haute, IN

#28 Apr 13, 2013
Smoking is cool. The ladies love me.. I am a winner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brazil Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Council Elections 1 hr Dotell 13
Human Rights Resolution from communist commisio... 2 hr Dotell 1
Police shooting 2 hr i loved pay atten... 13
Thomas wells needs reported for fraud!!! Mon fed up citizen 1
Brazil Mar 26 sa323eded4fd44das... 2
Hey Lisa Deal! Mar 25 Justified 1
What is Brazil like? Mar 9 the duke 3
Brazil Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web