Driver arrested in crash that killed ...

Driver arrested in crash that killed 6 immigrants

There are 33 comments on the www.oregonlive.com story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Driver arrested in crash that killed 6 immigrants. In it, www.oregonlive.com reports that:

A Mexican citizen accused of driving more than 20 illegal immigrants in a vehicle that plunged into a canal, killing six of them, has been arrested on suspicion of smuggling, federal authorities said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.oregonlive.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Heinz

AOL

#23 Jul 24, 2008
There are intelligent people who have a passionate view about illegal immigration, and then there are the animals in this thread.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#24 Jul 24, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent Rebel even God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked! Ezekiel 33:11
Everything isn't about the Bible. Find the local Bible thread. I'm sure you'll fit in much better.

However, if you want to stick around and stick up for a bunch of illegal aliens, then make sure you're ready to put your money where your mouth is and pay for them out of YOUR pocket. The rest of us are done paying for their scummy arses.
UNJUSTICE

Denver, CO

#26 Jul 25, 2008
your all to sick to even waste time on any more your judgement time will come your kids will marry one bewarned
Sunflower

Chesterfield, MO

#27 Sep 2, 2008
We are inundated with illegals too.
If our government was protecting our borders, this would not have happened.

You should not be called hardhearted for wanring the laws obeyed and enforced.
Beware

Xenia, OH

#28 Sep 3, 2008
UNJUSTICE wrote:
your all to sick to even waste time on any more your judgement time will come your kids will marry one bewarned
My stepson married a need-a-greencard Mexican and it's the biggest mistake he ever made......he is SO sorry that he did, but he was fooled by her lies and she picked the right mark......she gave him his first piece, and being raised right, he felt that he should marry her.......she has burned photos of him when he was little, disrespected his father and his siblings, throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way, and he doesn't TRUST HER as far as he could spit her.

He wishes he had listened to those older and wiser than himself, but now it's too late.....he kicks himself everyday for getting involved with a needy, greedy Mexican chola.

Just because someone can be conned into marriage, doesn't mean that it's a GOOD thing......in fact it will be HELL on earth when the Mexican can't control the American spouse.
made en socal

La Mesa, CA

#29 Sep 4, 2008
this is messed up....reading some of these cooments made me sick im half native american and mexican everyone who said they are glad the immagrants died.....YOUR AN EMBRASMENT THE UNITED STATES!
made en socal

La Mesa, CA

#30 Sep 4, 2008
Rebel wrote:
Well, hate to say it, but their own decision and greed caused this...six less we'll have to deal with mooching off our country.
Business as usual...
im sick of people like you saying your american when your just an EMBERASMENT! did you forget were your ansesters came from??? by the way im half Kumeyaay and mexican

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#31 Sep 4, 2008
made en socal wrote:
this is messed up....reading some of these cooments made me sick im half native american and mexican everyone who said they are glad the immagrants died.....YOUR AN EMBRASMENT THE UNITED STATES!
I refer you to post #18.
NO one said they were glad the ILLEGALS died;they said it was the coyote and the illegals who are responsible for thier own actions.

You understand the word responsibility,right?

#33 Sep 7, 2008
made en socal wrote:
If I knew what "embrasment" was, maybe I could answer you.

What is messed up is anyone who makes a choice to do something and then wants to blame someone else for the consequences. If I choose to get in a car with someone who is drunk and they crash the car, killing or injuring me, who is at fault? ME! FOR GETTING IN THE DAMN CAR.

Those illegal aliens made a conscious choice to both get in that car/truck and attempt to break this country's immigration laws. No one is at fault but them. Had they been "good" people they wouldn't have been in that vehicle in the first place, and thus wouldn't be in the predicament they now find themselves in -- be it dead or seriously injured. I'm not glad, but I certainly believe they brought it on themselves.

If you have no clue what taking responsibility for one's actions means, then perhaps it's time you find yourself another country to call home.

#34 Sep 7, 2008
made en socal wrote:
<quoted text> im sick of people like you saying your american when your just an EMBERASMENT! did you forget were your ansesters came from??? by the way im half Kumeyaay and mexican
Personally, I don't care what you are. People need to take responsibility for their actions and the choices they make. Period. What "mix" you are does not negate that fact.

If you are telling me you grew up here, that's sad. You're functionally illiterate.

If you're telling me you snuck in here from Mexico and think you have some right because of what you're "mix" is, then you have another think coming, because that way of thinking is wrong.

“CALL A FRIEND 1-866-DHS-2-ICE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#35 Sep 7, 2008
made en socal wrote:
<quoted text> im sick of people like you saying your american when your just an EMBERASMENT! did you forget were your ansesters came from??? by the way im half Kumeyaay and mexican
By your writing, I can tell you are indeed half Mexican,
My condolences.
Ron

Cave Creek, AZ

#36 Oct 10, 2008
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
What is SICK (and which you don't bother recognizing as sick, apparently) is that these illegals -- more of them -- were trying to sneak into this country and some coyote killed some of them in an accident. They have enough money to pay a coyote. They are trying to come here to mooch off this country -- including YOU and me -- and they do not belong here. They will take jobs needed by citizens and legal residents.
Why do you think it's sick that we're glad they were caught and that we aren't too upset about some of them being killed, yet not upset about them coming here illegally???
They are WELL AWARE of the risks coming here illegally. When someone is aware of the risks and chooses to do it anyway, whatever happens is their own fault.
Yeah... Like us citizens are going to work on the fields or clean other peoples shit... housekeeping, jobs like that... You people are not going to that. Try to get every crack head in America and find THEM a job, instead of stealing for drugs. Illegals come to our country to get a better life, not to harm someone, and Mexicans are not the only illegal people that come here. Instead of focusing on illegals, focus on the economy, sex offenders, robbers, etc.

#37 Oct 14, 2008
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... Like us citizens are going to work on the fields or clean other peoples shit... housekeeping, jobs like that... You people are not going to that. Try to get every crack head in America and find THEM a job, instead of stealing for drugs. Illegals come to our country to get a better life, not to harm someone, and Mexicans are not the only illegal people that come here. Instead of focusing on illegals, focus on the economy, sex offenders, robbers, etc.
We have VISAS and special farm worker visas for those wanting to come here and work on a farm, pick crops, etc. The fact is, only 3% of the illegals are doing work in agriculture. So what are the others doing?

I know citizens who clean houses for living -- low or no educated citizens. So, yes, there are citizens that do those jobs. Me, personally? No, of course not. I made a point of getting an education. That does not, however, mean all citizens have an education or will get one -- they don't and many won't.

It's been proven time and time again that your crap of "jobs Americans won't do" is just that -- crap. When illegals were raided out of the pork processing plants last year, there was a line up of citiznes ready and willing to take those jobs -- more applicants than positions available. I guess you missed those articles. Typical of your crazy type.

No matter what someone comes here for, they do not have the right to do it. No one has the God given right to be here. It is a privilege when someone is granted the right to immigrate -- not a right. Illegals need to go home. Many robbers and drug dealers are doing it to feed their families and/or make a better live for themselves, but that doesn't make it right, nor do we forgive their crimes.

Just because something is not easily obtainable or obtained cheaply (or even reasonably) or obtaind quickly does not give someone the right to ignore our laws and take what they want anyway -- NO MATTER THEIR REASON FOR DOING SO.

We have enough homegrown criminals, idiots, low/no educated people, etc. We do not need to import more from other countries -- and especially not illegally. We have to look out for our own first -- charity begins at home.

Lastly, they might not intentionally come here to hurt anyone, but the fact is, they do. Yes, they do take jobs Americans can and will do, they drive down wages, they close hospitals, and I could go on and on -- they *do* hurt our citizens and legal residents, no matter their initial intentions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brawley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As California's Largest Lake Evaporates, A Coun... May '16 Three Psyche 3
News Evidence scant California's licensed illegal im... May '16 tomin cali 4
News Wedding: Sandra and Tito Gutierrez May '16 anon 2
Does anyone else wonder what people do in the m... May '16 Dick Hern 2
News On California border, residents scoff at Trumpa... May '16 tomin cali 1
News Osuna found in Mexico. Charged with homicide (Sep '08) May '16 Interesting 26
News Imperial Valley Veterans Seminar Apr '16 Julie Ann 1

Brawley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brawley Mortgages