Caltrans Gives SoCal Freeway Contract...

Caltrans Gives SoCal Freeway Contract To Foreign Firm

There are 7 comments on the NBC San Diego story from Apr 7, 2008, titled Caltrans Gives SoCal Freeway Contract To Foreign Firm. In it, NBC San Diego reports that:

Swedish construction firm Skanska AB said Monday it has received a $68 million order from California's Department of Transportation to build a new highway in the Imperial Valley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC San Diego.

Jim

United States

#1 Apr 8, 2008
UNACCEPTABLE.

WASTE OF MONEY.

THIS MONEY COULD BE USED FOR MASS TRANSIT PROJECTS.
Imperial Valley resident

El Centro, CA

#2 Apr 8, 2008
this money should have been spent 10 years ago to relieve the truck traffic and cross California Mexican border congestion. This is a freight corridor that finally is getting what it needs to correct a saftey and air quality issue. As to the award to an international company...it remains to be seen how this will pan out...
Concerned Citizen

San Diego, CA

#3 Apr 8, 2008
More outsourcing on top of a recessopm
valle imperial love

Tarawa Terrace, NC

#4 Jul 17, 2008
Yes we could say could of should of would of with a lot of things but instead of being all bitter about how things are or going to happen, we should just be happy period and find the good in things and strive to be less com plaintive. I got much love for the Valle. I no longer live there because I thought their was a better city to live in. I have realized the Valle is a very special place to live in. So just charish what happening there in the end it's all for the good of the Valle Imperial:)
hisgirl_2455

San Diego, CA

#5 Jul 17, 2008
This state and it's citizens need that work, it is unacceptable that it was outsourced so that all profit for this project leaves the country. Crying shame.
mark

Riverside, CA

#6 Jul 31, 2008
hisgirl_2455 wrote:
This state and it's citizens need that work, it is unacceptable that it was outsourced so that all profit for this project leaves the country. Crying shame.
you are a fool the work is union and being done by socal companies, skanska owns a lot of company's.this means yeager constrution out of riverside will do the work
hisgirl_2455

San Diego, CA

#7 Aug 4, 2008
mark wrote:
<quoted text>you are a fool the work is union and being done by socal companies, skanska owns a lot of company's.this means yeager constrution out of riverside will do the work
Note in my post I said PROFIT. If this company is foreign based, that is where the profit goes. You are a fool, thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brawley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As California's Largest Lake Evaporates, A Coun... May '16 Three Psyche 3
News Evidence scant California's licensed illegal im... May '16 tomin cali 4
News Wedding: Sandra and Tito Gutierrez May '16 anon 2
Does anyone else wonder what people do in the m... May '16 Dick Hern 2
News On California border, residents scoff at Trumpa... May '16 tomin cali 1
News Osuna found in Mexico. Charged with homicide (Sep '08) May '16 Interesting 26
News Imperial Valley Veterans Seminar Apr '16 Julie Ann 1

Brawley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brawley Mortgages