Renewable Power May Destabilize Elect...

Renewable Power May Destabilize Electrical Grid

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#2 Aug 2, 2013
Did you catch that?

Apr 6th 2010
What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#3 Aug 2, 2013
Green Mountain Power wants to raise rates
Posted: Aug 01, 2013 12:56 PM EDT
http://www.wcax.com/story/22996852/green-moun...
What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#4 Aug 2, 2013
Did you catch that?

Aug 01, 2013
What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#5 Aug 2, 2013
1. Too Soon? Renewable Power May Destabilize Electrical Grid

2. As Power Use Peaked, GMP Ordered To Cut Lowell Wind Output

3. Green Mountain Power wants to raise rates
What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#6 Aug 2, 2013
1. Blomberg said that in general ISO tells utilities to cut power in order to protect the grid from getting overloaded.

“When the output from any resource jeopardizes reliability, curtailment may be necessary, really regardless of the amount of demand on the regional system as a whole,” she said.

2. GMP is installing a device near the Lowell project called a synchronous condenser that should resolve most of the grid reliability issues. Spokeswoman Schnure says the utility wants to work with ISO New England to avoid future cutbacks.

3. Vermont’s largest electric utility asked the state Thursday for permission to increase its rates... Power transmission costs are increasing and can vary widely from year to year, and the increases will stabilize costs, officials said.
What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#7 Aug 2, 2013
Did you catch that?
What hahahaha

Stowe, VT

#8 Aug 2, 2013
Voice of Freeprss

South Burlington, VT

#9 Aug 2, 2013
The power authority’s decision reflects current limits of the power grid and in one way should be interpreted as a judgment against the viability of renewable power generation, especially over the long haul.

ISO-New England told the state’s largest electric utility, Green Mountain Power, to cut back on wind and fire up more diesel generators to meet peak demand during this month’s heatwave.

Still, the order was a blow to one of the state’s showcase wind projects, the 21-turbines built by Green Mountain Power along the ridges of the Lowell Mountains amidst much public controversy that continues. The controversy centers on the trade-off between the value of the wind farm in providing renewable power and the value of preserving an unspoiled mountain habitat and views.

ISO-New England says the Kingdom Community Wind project on Lowell Mountain fails to meet federal reliability standards.

The transmission system currently serving the Lowell wind project still lacks the capacity to handle all the electricity the turbines are capable of producing and the ability to smooth out the intermittent nature of wind generation
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20...
Joe

Belmont, VT

#11 Aug 2, 2013
Grid power is for the little people. I invested part of the trust fund dad left me in solar and he said I would never amount to anything, hey I'm GREEN.
Governor Shumlin

South Burlington, VT

#12 Aug 2, 2013
ISO-New England says the Kingdom Community Wind project on Lowell Mountain fails to meet federal reliability standards

-"Waite , there are standards?"
Governor Shumlin

South Burlington, VT

#13 Aug 2, 2013
Uhhhhh wait
Easy Does It

Dublin, NH

#14 Aug 2, 2013
Why don't we just ask the Yankee for help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former employee suing Mack Molding over alleged... Jan '18 Comrade Sanders 2
News Diversity dialogue to continue in Brattleboro (Aug '17) Dec '17 Comrade Sanders 6
Grout Pond National Forest Area to Become Paid ... Nov '17 Defiant1 3
News Gentlewolf released on bail (Jun '07) Oct '17 amen 3
Tellman Knudson (Jun '12) Jul '17 Angela Hernandez 51
What Does It Take To Get the Brattleboro Reform... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Kay 1
Review: Biologic Integrative Health - Samantha ... (Feb '10) Jun '17 Amy 65

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages