Lois

Morrisville, VT

#21 Aug 21, 2013
Get rid of unions and the teacher tenure system. That would save a HUGE amount of money while getting rid of the deadwood. But I am in favor of charter schools for quality education rather than one big warehouse.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#22 Aug 21, 2013
I am in in favor with flooding the public schools with $1000 dollar bills...remove all tax write offs for private schools and throw that into the public pot to make our kids better...
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#23 Aug 22, 2013
We can no longer afford to finance redundant and outdated facilities. We must cut costs and standardize educational expectations within the district. The current neighborhood school model is a system where one school is chronically a month or more behind the others in math curriculum and another lags behind in literacy. One school only teaches French, another Spanish and yet another Chinese. Maintaining multiple schools means maintaining multiple libraries, food services, health offices, custodial staff.....
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#24 Aug 22, 2013
Academy School
Windham Southeast S.U.
Participating
Year 5 Corrective Action
Reading, Math
MATH: All Students, Free/Reduced Lunch Students, White Students READING: Free/Reduced Lunch Students
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#25 Aug 22, 2013
Oak grove - one year corrective plan
Green Street - three year corrective plan

http://education.vermont.gov/documents/EDU-AY...
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#26 Aug 22, 2013
Me Me Me

Brattleboro, VT

#27 Aug 22, 2013
No lie wrote:
We can no longer afford to finance redundant and outdated facilities. We must cut costs and standardize educational expectations within the district. The current neighborhood school model is a system where one school is chronically a month or more behind the others in math curriculum and another lags behind in literacy. One school only teaches French, another Spanish and yet another Chinese. Maintaining multiple schools means maintaining multiple libraries, food services, health offices, custodial staff.....
Any excuse to hate government and defund it!

Even punish innocent kids...
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#28 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#29 Aug 22, 2013
No lie wrote:
oops
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#30 Aug 22, 2013
Me Me Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Any excuse to hate government and defund it!
Even punish innocent kids...
Typical lazy thinking, wake up!
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#31 Aug 22, 2013
Well, I donít buy it for a second, to help the kids ...we got to cut school budgets.

To make the world better with education, you need to cut budgets.

It is all teabagger government hating dressed up in altruism...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#32 Aug 22, 2013
Yea, you got it, rugged individualism...
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#33 Aug 22, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Well, I donít buy it for a second, to help the kids ...we got to cut school budgets.
To make the world better with education, you need to cut budgets.
It is all teabagger government hating dressed up in altruism...
We have to stop spending money on failed strategies and invest in ones that are proven.
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#34 Aug 22, 2013
Green street school already has one teacher per twelve students, what level of staffing would be satisfactory in your opinion?
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#35 Aug 22, 2013
National average is around one teacher per 15 students.
Halo Guy

Brattleboro, VT

#36 Aug 22, 2013
No lie wrote:
<quoted text> We have to stop spending money on failed strategies and invest in ones that are proven.
Ok, let fund Brattlboro school like a rich kids private school...
Halo Guy

Brattleboro, VT

#37 Aug 22, 2013
No lie wrote:
National average is around one teacher per 15 students.
Brattleboro is more economically challenged than average.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#38 Aug 22, 2013
Any weakness or vulnerability; it is just an excuse to cut money from a little kids education...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#39 Aug 22, 2013
Hack and slash good jobs away from a community...
No lie

South Burlington, VT

#40 Aug 22, 2013
I really don't know what in the hell you are talking about Mike. If you can buy a better service for less money, why wouldn't you do it? And Halo guy, since Brattleboro is more economically challenged than most, houw is it that you justify more teachers per student?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermont Yankee: Regional organizations release ... 9 min March Winds 1
Vermont Yankee prepares to power down 2 hr March Winds 7
God is coming SOON! (Apr '07) 6 hr March Winds 130
Balint: Raising a glass to millenials 22 hr March Winds 1
Everyone's Books celebrates 30 years 22 hr March Winds 1
Turning Point moving back to downtown Brattleboro Tue March Winds 4
Shumlin Gave Up On Single Payer Health Care Tue VermontRepublic d... 11

Flood Watch for Windham County was issued at December 24 at 3:31PM EST

Brattleboro News Video

Brattleboro Dating