Homer ABE S Sewell III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

We want to help you save the stained glass window. My new bride, Marti, and I portray President and Mrs. Abraham Lincoln. www.abeusa16.com
With Manchester, Robert Lincoln's summer home not that far away, perhaps we could draw a lot of folks to come see our motivational, inspirational and historical show to raise some well-needed funds.
If you don't already have another ABE helping we would love to come help with some shows to do some fund raising to help with the church, shelter and saving the window....an ABE for an ABE as I have said for 35 years.
I know how much that window means to the church and I would hate to see it gone bye-bye. We have some in my church where I am in the choir that aren't nearly as pretty as yours.
Perhaps with the TV piece on ABC tonight you will get enough donations you won't lose it but let us know if we can help. May GOD continue to bless you and the wonderful work you are doing there.
Ron Raney

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

I second that. The address is listed above. I'm not rich, but, a little can go a long way to keep the window where it belongs. I am not religous, that said dosen't mean I don't care. We have to care. 35 years ago I ran away from home and ended up in the area ( Bennington, to North Adams) I liked the history in the area. what a shame that the church loses that beautiful window. If everybody gives just $5.00. I'm sure that window won't be going anywhere!
Paula Galaviz

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

I think the free meal program is too large of a burdon for one church.
My church, Immanuel Lutheran Church in Watertown Wis. has also had huge financial problems these past years. We also have a large church building and very expensive heating bills. Our church houses the local food pantry, and also serves our community's Bread and Roses meal to ~120 people/week. One thing we do that is different is that our free meal is a community/regional effort. Local churches (all denominations) and service groups all participate. Each group is assigned weeks to help. They provide the desserts, set the tables, assist to make the meal, serve and clean up. All of these groups hold fundraisers for monies, coolers, freezers and our brand new institutional size stove.
Perhaps the community needs to work together to save this much needed program. Feel free to contact our church for more advice if desired.
Hawkeye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

I just want to let you know that we do not have much money either but we are donating online and hope others do same. The situation you are dealing with should not mean you have to sell your stained glass window to provide such services as you are doing.
It is shameful that this is happening in the United States or anywhere in the world.
Many people in the United States have been given bonuses that could operate many churches such as yours for years. SHAMEFUL!
We are going to try and get other attention for your church and others.Merry Christmas from my Acworth, Georgia family
bonniek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

I am definitely making a donation. This is a worthy cause if ever there was one. I agree with the previous comment about the many business giving bonuses that could go a long way to help the church and the homeless in communities all across the country. Nevetheless, I think that individuals who care, will do more than those greedy **!xz*. Don't wait around for them to pitch in. A few bucks from everyone who saw the broadcast would add up to who knows how much? Christmas is all about miracles.
Dave

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

My check is in the mail.
Gloria J Benson

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Rev. Suzanne Andrews, My comments are not about the photo of your beautiful church, but that I read with dismay in the Dec. 6th edition of the New Jersey Star Ledger, concerning your plight at your church. I hate to see you have to sell your St. John the Divine Tiffany Window to keep yourselves afloat. As you know already, your church has problems like so many other churches throughout the nation and here in New Jersey too. I am a congregant of Notre Dame of Mt. Carmel Church in Cedar Knolls, NJ. We actually don't have a problem. We have progressed to over 2000 familes in this small town, but of course many members come from a long distance to attend masses and other functions at Notre Dame, rather than go to their local catholic churches. We are not hurting at all. But I also have been a singer for the past 37 years in the Chancel Choir and soloist for the very unfancy little church next door, Hildale Park Presbyterian Church, who also is having a hard time making ends meet due to deaths in the congregation, members moving away and unexpected expenses. But to get back to your problem, I am a member of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. I took the liberty of sending them an e-mail about your stained glass window. I thought they might be interested, as they have many Tiffany artifacts in their American collections. I don't know what the worth of your window is, but perhaps they might show some interest and hopefully you hear from the museum. You might also get in touch with the very affluent St. John the Divine Church in NYC. They might also be interested in it since their church and your window are about the same person in Christian Church history.
My prayers go out to you and your congregation that something wonderful will come of all of this and that you will be able to continue all the good you are doing for the people in need.
Mary Crotzer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

I truly hope you don't have to sale that window and besides that is only a drop in the bucket for what you truly need. The homeless need your help, but also your church needs some much needed help and reinovation. It is a priceless work and doesn't need to be lost. I plan on sending in a donation and hope others do the same. Surely some wellmeaning heat and air person could help you out with the furnace. I know our church also does mission trips to help churches in need. Maybe that will be a help. Please post a note on how things are going. I will continue to pray for your situation. God Bless you.
Debbie

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

I love this church and what it stands for. God is very proud of you all. Ask and you shall receive. God has always answered my prayers and I know he`s going to take care of this problem. I don`t have alot of money, but we will be sending another donation to your church. God give you all peace of mind. Gob Bless you all.
Western Kid

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Hawkeye wrote:
Many people in the United States have been given bonuses that could operate many churches such as yours for years. SHAMEFUL!
Why doesn't God fix it then?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brattleboro Discussions

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Guilford stands by recycling bin removal 16 hr Flat Lander 3
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... 16 hr Gott mit uns 83
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) 17 hr Gott mit uns 1,177
Russia and the Ukraine 19 hr GodHates Zionist IsraHELL 36
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) 23 hr truth 368
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) Mon truth 463
New Hampshire Buying Russian Coal for Generation Jul 16 Importing Mega-Death 2
•••
•••