I can't afford Obamacare! What is my fate?

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Thinking Ahead

Keene, NH

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Even the bronze plan is over my head. If I can't pay the fines, will a jail cell be my future?
The doctor is in

Sharon, VT

#2 Oct 5, 2013
Thinking Ahead wrote:
Even the bronze plan is over my head. If I can't pay the fines, will a jail cell be my future?
looks like you'll have to run for the Senate. US Senators are exempt from Obamacare. Pat and Bernie are ready to retire.
Joe Shlabotnik

Claremont, NH

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Thinking Ahead wrote:
It's affordable for everybody. Obama said so.....you must be incorrect. Go back and calculate again.
I Know More Than You

Topsham, ME

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Thinking Ahead wrote:
If you are really this stupid, I'd say it's a safe bet and will have nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act.
Briana

Montpelier, VT

#5 Oct 5, 2013
I can't afford Obamacare, either. Woe is me! Should I go live in Canada?
Millions To Opt Out

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2013
They can't jail millions of Americans
No one can be forced to contract into anything in America

A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
— Edward R. Murrow
I Know More Than You

Manchester, NH

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Larry the Liar wrote:
Another who makes $11,000 a year will have a premium of $175 a month.
Are you a willful liar or just another ignorant ideologue?

Answer carefully.
Tammy

Montpelier, VT

#9 Oct 7, 2013
It looks like Obamacare may already be dying. Hordes of people are saying they will simply pay the fine. Those who want to sign up can't do it--the sign-up sites were all glitched up and had to be taken down.

When the sign-up does finally happen, I can foresee that many won't end up paying their premiums. The affordable care isn't so affordable after all! There are too many other bills competing for peoples' money in this tough, tough economy. The payments will slip,and the insurances will die.
Atrueliberal

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Oct 7, 2013
Thinking Ahead wrote:
Sign up for it right before you pay your taxes so you avoid the fine. Then after you do -drop it. Repeat as needed and then sign up again if you should need medical care when you get sick. The longest you will have to wait to sign up is 6 months.
Atrueliberal

Brattleboro, VT

#11 Oct 7, 2013
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a willful liar or just another ignorant ideologue?
Answer carefully.
Just because you are an ignorant ideologue doesn't mean other people are too. Does it? Answer carefully. Actually don't answer at all. That is what we usually get out of you.
Atrueliberal

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Oct 7, 2013
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really this stupid, I'd say it's a safe bet and will have nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act.
You mean the "unaffordable care act" more commonly known as Obama's blunder.
What crisis

Burlington, VT

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Empathy is a commonly used, but poorly understood, concept. It is often confused with related concepts such as sympathy, pity, identification, and self-transposal. According to Edith Stein, a German phenomenologist, empathy can be facilitated. It also can be interrupted and blocked, but it cannot be forced to occur. What makes empathy unique, according to Stein, is that it happens to us; it is indirectly given to us,“nonprimordially.” When empathy occurs, we find ourselves experiencing it, rather than directly causing it to happen. This is the characteristic that makes the act of empathy unteachable. Instead, promoting attitudes and behaviors such as self-awareness, nonjudgmental positive regard for others, good listening skills, and self-confidence are suggested as important in the development of clinicians who will demonstrate an empathic willingness.
You are welcome.
Joe

Chester, VT

#14 Oct 7, 2013
People have cable TV, internet access, a cell phone and say they can't afford health insurance, priceless.
Joe

Chester, VT

#15 Oct 7, 2013
Larry wrote:
The fine, er, "tax" if you don't pay for Ostupidcare will be $95.
And if you get sick? Then tell Ostupidcare to cover you, that's all.
So far 25% of people who saw their premiums have decided to pay the "tax". One man saw his premium go from $545 to $971 per month. Another who makes $11,000 a year will have a premium of $175 a month. That's 18% of his income. He's opting out and will pay the "tax".
anyone who makes $11,000 gets Medicaid for free. America sure is full of retarded people, evidently spending money to try and educate them to figure out simple things is a waste of money and the school system is defrauding the taxpayers promoting retards past the 6th grade.
OCare is Unconstitutional

Newton Center, MA

#16 Oct 7, 2013
"empathy can be facilitated... it cannot be forced to occur"

-but sometimes it behooves us to have some
we better find some empathy for those in Japan enough to help them stop the DirtyBombs from fissioning out of control any more than they have lest we suffer megacancers along with them!

Japan asks international community to help solve Fukushima crisis
http://www.infowars.com/japan-asks-internatio...

empathy does mean charity for the poor, mercy for criminals, or appeasement of foreign enemies

Obama, Unsurprisingly, Gets Ayn Rand Wrong
http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/blog/inde...
^"What does Obama seek in maligning Rand and misrepresenting her views? Obama wishes to perpetrate the fraud that, in order to collaborate with and care for other people, we must buy into Obama’s collectivist vision of forced wealth transfers, government-run industries, massives doses of corporate welfare, and an ever-expanding entitlement state."
Demobrats

Burlington, VT

#17 Oct 7, 2013
How do you scare a democrat? Say your a gainfully employed church going family man.
Joe Shlabotnik

Claremont, NH

#18 Oct 7, 2013
OCare is Unconstitutional wrote:
.... lest we suffer megacancers along with them!
What are you worried about....we got affordable care now.....the Japanese do not.......if they hadn't hit us at Pearl we could have shared with them.
Godzilla

Newton Center, MA

#19 Oct 7, 2013
it was a democrat that allowed that to happen-

https://www.youtube.com/results...
FDR was a top Mason as was Truman who unneccesarily nuked the Japs
--

History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man
https://www.google.com/search...
(at it did with Fuktupshita Japan!)
I Know More Than You

Manchester, NH

#20 Oct 8, 2013
Joe wrote:
anyone who makes $11,000 gets Medicaid for free. America sure is full of retarded people, evidently spending money to try and educate them to figure out simple things is a waste of money and the school system is defrauding the taxpayers promoting retards past the 6th grade.
Joe got it, give that man a prize.

The rest of you teatards, not so much.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#21 Oct 8, 2013
Thinking Ahead wrote:
'can't afford it' means different things to different people.
If you can't find a policy for less than 8 percent of your income, you are not required to buy a policy or pay a penalty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strontium-90 detected in fish near VT Yankee (Aug '11) 20 hr CPAC- Rand Won Je... 139
Vermont town could let those ages 16, 17, vote ... Mon DILF 1
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) Sun Judge Roy Moore 2016 471
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) Sun Judge Roy Moore 2016 619
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... (Mar '14) Sun Gott mit uns 200
Just another religious criminal Sun and another 89
SIT student claims he was profiled at Bratt sup... (Nov '13) Feb 26 I love Vermont 56

Brattleboro News Video

Brattleboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brattleboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:19 pm PST