Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

So before the weekend Barbara Sontag and the Brattleboro police chief requested a 11 am meeting with Tony Gilbert Monday morning...today. You know it wasn't about good news. The meeting happened and they told Tony they were throwing him out of The Commons. Tony's defence was the property was owned by the Congregational church and the police have no power to remove him. The town manager and police chief excused him from the meeting and as of 5pm he is still camping on The Commons.

Tony said the Town manager and police chief tried to bribe him with a immediate bed in the Morning Side Shelter. Tony said everyone knows for years the shelter is filled up and there never any new bed positions...he was shocked a new position or bed was so called made for him...
Kate

Stowe, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

I hope he gets to stay there, except that it's getting cold. I don't want anybody to freeze to death. Should we open up a second shelter in Brattleboro?
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Nothing changes in Brattleboro until the Reformer newspaper changes...instead of serving the businesses, elites, officialdom and distant parent corporations the paper should serve the community.

We should have had long ago had articles in the paper about the problem of homelessness in the surrounding communities and how best do we serve them....does homeless agencies and establishment really serve the homeless and the community or do they serve themselves...

Until we produce a open culture of productive criticism and debate we are doomed to never changing!

Nothing changes until we realize the highest enabler of change is transparency and complete openness!

We really got tourism and happy face newpaper, it is really cheap and doesn't require any real skills of the newspaper reportors
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/nyregion/ny...

October 17, 2011

Smaller Shelters and Persuasion Coax Homeless Off Bronx Streets

By MOSI SECRET
Not far from the Major Deegan Expressway in the South Bronx is an abandoned subway platform where someone placed a plastic chair, a flimsy mattress and a nightstand. Nearby, in an old construction site, a truck trailer is lined with enough discarded furniture that it looks like a makeshift bedroom.

But the homeless people who lived in these hovels are gone.

Infusions of government money have revitalized many poorer neighborhoods in the Bronx, but the problem of people living on the streets has persisted. Now, though, a new strategy is showing surprising results: the number of single, homeless people in the borough has dropped roughly 80 percent since 2005, according to a recent estimate by the city.

The Bloomberg administration said it had been able to lure them off the streets by opening smaller and more welcoming shelters it calls Safe Havens, which typically have about 40 beds each. The Department of Homeless Services has also contracted with one nonprofit group in each borough to scour the streets around the clock, seven days a week, and persuade homeless people to move inside.

At the Safe Havens, which began operating in 2007, the nonprofit groups help homeless adults find permanent homes with social services close by.
beaglesarecute

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

So, Mike - let them stay at your house.
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Yea, that is the teabagger "I hate the government" model, including joblessness..."I hate poor people"...us as in republican isolated individualism robots can fix our problems...

Just listen to our republican gods in our media amongst us who are only chasing wealth and profits...

Has it worked yet?
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Has any of the super rich in our area took them into their homes and you would never see them in a open debate with what is best for the homeless.

Well, except survival of the fittest and most crooked...
beaglesarecute

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Mike, Vermont is a liberal Democratic state, so if no one here is discussing the homeless situation, you can't blame the Republicans. You can blame the rich trust-funded Democratic liberals who seem to dominate the conversation in this state.
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

Nope, Vermont has a facade of liberalism, the majority of vermont is deep hateful principles of conservative businesses I hate the middle class and little people...

I think this liberalism label is for touristdation and escapism purposes only, come to vermont to party and get high, buy a party second home out in the sticks and you can drugs and drink to your delight...

That is the American way to escape and cope with our terrible world? I think 95% of vermont principles and philosophy is Ayn Rand hateful close my eyes hateful conservative republicans.

Even the hippies with long hair and who still smoke dope...they have shell of a free spirit, but the majority of the principles are die hearted hateful republicanism.

Come on, even Obama and the mainstream democrats are to the right of Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan...

Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

Even Tony Gilbert's philosophy is government by Ayn Rand republicanism...

The principles underneath his thin shell of wall street outrage and the rich hoarding wealth...its a army of rugged mad isolated individuals with no plans or philosophy for governance...

It is the national left/right tea party without a conscience!
Alex

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

It's all her fault isn't it mikey?-
Youtube.com/user/LearnLiberty...
And who will save us? The great minds of our time like Michael Moore, right Michael Mulligan?
Kate

Essex Junction, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

beaglesarecute wrote:
Mike, Vermont is a liberal Democratic state, so if no one here is discussing the homeless situation, you can't blame the Republicans. You can blame the rich trust-funded Democratic liberals who seem to dominate the conversation in this state.
Amen! I wish those trust funders would get into the real world.
Kate

Essex Junction, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Mike Mulligan wrote:
Nope, Vermont has a facade of liberalism, the majority of vermont is deep hateful principles of conservative businesses I hate the middle class and little people...
I think this liberalism label is for touristdation and escapism purposes only, come to vermont to party and get high, buy a party second home out in the sticks and you can drugs and drink to your delight...
That is the American way to escape and cope with our terrible world? I think 95% of vermont principles and philosophy is Ayn Rand hateful close my eyes hateful conservative republicans.
Even the hippies with long hair and who still smoke dope...they have shell of a free spirit, but the majority of the principles are die hearted hateful republicanism.
Come on, even Obama and the mainstream democrats are to the right of Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan...
Ayn Rand has been for quite a few years now. There are not many who even read her books anymore. Why don't you find another demon to blame it all on?
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Alex wrote:
It's all her fault isn't it mikey?-
Youtube.com/user/LearnLiberty...
And who will save us? The great minds of our time like Michael Moore, right Michael Mulligan?
Ayn Rand is totally right we got to be the total captain with what is produced in our heads and what comes out...we have to believe against all odds of success in what our minds are telling us.

I just don't think we should use our creativity and our wealth...to blackmail the world though our god given gifts... to snuff out the beliefs and thoughts of what is other peoples minds.

The thought stream of my true beliefs are the only true belief system in the cosmos and i am going to snuff out any ideas contrary to my thought stream...

I like Any Rand better than Michael Moore?

Kate

Essex Junction, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Ayn Rand is dead and not that many read her books or even remember her, maybe a few professors and very far right republicans. There is no way to snuff other people's thoughts and beliefs; after all, this is still the U.S.A.
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Well, Ayn Rand proposed that for midus Mulligan and in his valley...all the big business people withdraw their creative talent by disappearing into Mulligan's valley to blackmail the world into thinking like the religion ideology of business people.

They are doing that today...
Ante Up

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Mike Mulligan wrote:
Well, Ayn Rand proposed that for midus Mulligan and in his valley...all the big business people withdraw their creative talent by disappearing into Mulligan's valley to blackmail the world into thinking like the religion ideology of business people.
They are doing that today...
you dont see Atlas Shrugged as a logical extension of Occupy Wall Street?

"From those with the greatest ability to those with the greatest need?" ISn't that implicit in this 99% v. 1%?

Given that democrats win in easy margins in VT, I think you need to check your premises here...
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Ante Up wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont see Atlas Shrugged as a logical extension of Occupy Wall Street?
"From those with the greatest ability to those with the greatest need?" ISn't that implicit in this 99% v. 1%?
Given that democrats win in easy margins in VT, I think you need to check your premises here...
I think there are two things going on here, one, the mental side of life, you are the captain of your ship in your mind eye, you have to have the courage of your mind's conviction to courageously pilots your ship in the torturous waters of the planet...you can't let other people pilot your mental ship even if you gain great rewards for letting them control your body. I mean have to be in healthy relationships with other people, cater to and understand and sometimes love their beliefs and ideas that are different than your own. But at some deep level you still are the captain of your minds eye...he have to enforce you sense of right and wrong on the world in some other form than violence, and only in rare situations you must enforce your sense of right or wrong on bad people. The situation for me is, if you seen a pregnant women getting beaten up by a man, then you have to use personal violence in order enforce your sense of right and wrong independent of process to protect innocent life, then hold yourself accountable to process.

Two, I think they turned Ayn Rand's creative stories into a tool, a ideology or belief system, that ideology demand and justifies groups of people, the operative is justified...the strong prey on the weak, the weak deserve to loose... thus the Wall Street and the world we see today...

You know, I don't see it as us and them, this errant ideological or philosophy is the cornerstone in all of us.

The good people has always had the ability to control the greed on Wall street and business in general, it is when the good people made this religion their own or were coerced into it...we all allowed greed, selfishness and simple thinking to run rampant in our world.

It would be so simple to fix it if it was just Wall Street or business in general that has to start telling the truth...but it is the all of us that has to be re-taught the communication and language of truth and honestly. It is so difficult and painful, can't do it being dependant on chemicals, to be honest with oneself.
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

You start by always using your real identity and self in everything you do, stop using these crazy fake roles they dreamed up for us...never run away from you true identity and real self.

Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

never run away from your true identity and real self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Brattleboro Forum right now

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why is I 91 closed today 12 min Mike Mulligan 9
School Stabbing: Time to Register Knives /Fed S... 15 min TraitorScumLiar HarryReid 28
The Last Employees Licenced at VY? 37 min All3Cores MeltedIntoEarth 26
Fukushima Worsening!-Thank Nuketards 4Ruining E... (Aug '13) 1 hr All3Cores MeltedIntoEarth 97
Can't trust VT 6 hr I Know More Than You 3
BUHS football coach resigns (Oct '09) 20 hr Cade Cooper 36
Vermont police release ID of man shot by officer Wed Mike Mulligan 26
•••
•••

Brattleboro News Video

•••
Brattleboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brattleboro Jobs