Man denies lewd and lascivious charges

Man denies lewd and lascivious charges

There are 35 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jan 19, 2010, titled Man denies lewd and lascivious charges. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A Guilford man charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child pleaded not guilty in Windham District Court Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jen

Sunapee, NH

#1 Jan 20, 2010
Hey good work troopers now how would you like to bag a couple of former cops for this also?

Both Jens suffered this fate JH & JC
anon

Westland, MI

#2 Jan 20, 2010
The time frame will come into play with this matter(s). Three years is a long time to go unspoken about alleged incidents against a non-family member unless he threatened them in any kind of way which means if that is discovered than the charge of aggravated sexual assault will be indicted by the state. Tighten up your boot straps Craven because this aint looking good.
jway

Muscle Shoals, AL

#3 Jan 21, 2010
Could it be they all shared the same dubies, Then had a fallen out? Speaking of cops, remember the ones bus-tin people in the Swanzey area a few years ago then trading the drugs for sex , Happens all the time all over.
Makes Cents

Barnet, VT

#4 Jan 21, 2010
Under the age of 16 for three years....so she was around 12 or 13? That's pretty demented.
Makes Cents

Barnet, VT

#5 Jan 21, 2010
Sorry about my cloudy thinking that means she was 12,13 or Younger!!! So sick.
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#6 Jan 22, 2010
My father would never do the things hes being accused of. These allegations are the result of a bad break up and a crazy women. After 27 years I know for a fact my father is not capable of these kinds of actions and I will stand by his side until this is over and its proven he didnt do this. I would like everyone to think real hard before they accuse someone of something so serious. My father has a really bad heart and I hope he lives through this to prove his innocents.
Jessica

Dover, NH

#7 Jan 22, 2010
Sweety, he may be your father,but you can not overlook his crime. He has been in trouble with the law for many years and has been in the local drug scene for many years. As a 27 year old lady, you should look at all of the facts of the case. It is not simply a bad breakup. He took advantage of a minor, which happens to be against the law.You may not see him as a pedophile,but pedophiles are very sneaky and do not want their family members to know, unless of course they are abusing them as well. What was the reason for the bad breakup? Why does your father spend time alone with young girls? Answer these question and you might realize what the truth actually is. It would be beneficial for you to see a therapist who speacializes in childhood sexual abuse. HCRS has good therapist. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
jway

Muscle Shoals, AL

#8 Jan 22, 2010
Michelle Craven wrote:
My father would never do the things hes being accused of. These allegations are the result of a bad break up and a crazy women. After 27 years I know for a fact my father is not capable of these kinds of actions and I will stand by his side until this is over and its proven he didnt do this. I would like everyone to think real hard before they accuse someone of something so serious. My father has a really bad heart and I hope he lives through this to prove his innocents.
I feel sorry for you, but if your father has a bad heat problem, why is he smoking dope/
Lisa

Dover, NH

#9 Jan 22, 2010
Michelle Craven wrote:
I would like everyone to think real hard before they accuse someone of something so serious. My father has a really bad heart and I hope he lives through this to prove his innocents.
Your father was not concerned about his heart problems when he was messing around with young girls or smoking dope with his friends.I am sorry to be so blunt with you because I understand that you love your father, but sometimes you need to face reality. The reality is, your father is a druggie and pedophile. Maybe, he has never done anything with you, but it is possible that he has to your friends. Often times, victims do not tell on their abuser because they are afraid or ashamed. I feel sorry for you. You believe your father and you can not see who he really is. If he was my father, I would not have anything to do with him. People go through bad breakups all the time and they do not get charged with this type of crime. Don't you think that the DA is smarter than that?????
appalled mother

Springfield, MA

#10 Jan 22, 2010
Having a drug addicted phedophile could explain alot of this, couldn't it? Would explain why the child of such a man has so many issues.....
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#11 Jan 23, 2010
Jessica wrote:
Sweety, he may be your father,but you can not overlook his crime. He has been in trouble with the law for many years and has been in the local drug scene for many years. As a 27 year old lady, you should look at all of the facts of the case. It is not simply a bad breakup. He took advantage of a minor, which happens to be against the law.You may not see him as a pedophile,but pedophiles are very sneaky and do not want their family members to know, unless of course they are abusing them as well. What was the reason for the bad breakup? Why does your father spend time alone with young girls? Answer these question and you might realize what the truth actually is. It would be beneficial for you to see a therapist who speacializes in childhood sexual abuse. HCRS has good therapist. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

As a matter of fact I do know the facts and the answers don't add up to my father being guilty. I'm not allowed to talk about what I know as advised by an lawyer. I do see someone and HCRS has horrible therapist! Think what you want but I do know the TRUTH!
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#12 Jan 23, 2010
jway wrote:
<quoted text> I feel sorry for you, but if your father has a bad heat problem, why is he smoking dope/
To alot of people pot is not a drug! It grows out of the ground and has never killed anyone. People use medical marijuana and thats ok! You make it sound like hes using hard drugs and drinking and hes NOT! & he didnt do this!
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#13 Jan 23, 2010
appalled mother wrote:
Having a drug addicted phedophile could explain alot of this, couldn't it? Would explain why the child of such a man has so many issues.....
You think you may know me by what you say but you don't know anything about me. You make me laugh thinking you know anything about me or my "issues"! LMFAO!!!!
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#14 Jan 23, 2010
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father was not concerned about his heart problems when he was messing around with young girls or smoking dope with his friends.I am sorry to be so blunt with you because I understand that you love your father, but sometimes you need to face reality. The reality is, your father is a druggie and pedophile. Maybe, he has never done anything with you, but it is possible that he has to your friends. Often times, victims do not tell on their abuser because they are afraid or ashamed. I feel sorry for you. You believe your father and you can not see who he really is. If he was my father, I would not have anything to do with him. People go through bad breakups all the time and they do not get charged with this type of crime. Don't you think that the DA is smarter than that?????
You think you know it all don't you?! You have no clue what the facts are, I do so you shouldnt be judging anyone until you do know the facts!
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#15 Jan 23, 2010
As a matter of fact I do know the facts and the answers don't add up to my father being guilty. I'm not allowed to talk about what I know as advised by an lawyer. I do see someone and HCRS has horrible therapist! Think what you want but I do know the TRUTH! Unless you are involved in the local drug scene yourself how would you know anything about my father and the drug scene according to you hes involved in?!
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#16 Jan 23, 2010
Michelle Craven wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact I do know the facts and the answers don't add up to my father being guilty. I'm not allowed to talk about what I know as advised by an lawyer. I do see someone and HCRS has horrible therapist! Think what you want but I do know the TRUTH! Unless you are involved in the local drug scene yourself how would you know anything about my father and the drug scene according to you hes involved in?!
Michelle Craven

West Roxbury, MA

#17 Jan 23, 2010
Jessica wrote:
Unless you are involved in the local drug scene yourself how would you know anything about my father and the drug scene according to you hes involved in?!
father of 7--Ashuelot NH

Brattleboro, VT

#18 Jan 23, 2010
I know the Mother for many years, I was one of the family's first friends. Through all these years I have seen her do horible things to her children and her former partners. If she had been home taking care of her children instead of running the roads, and leaving her children to be raised by someone else, Then this man (Craven) would not have been alone with these children. The only thing he did was try to take care and show these children right from wrong. To show them what a "real" parent should be like. So if you want to perscute, why not ask "Where in the HELL was their mother during all of these alleged incidences?" Think about it!!!! Why be so quick to judge when you REALLY DON"T have all the facts??? It sounds like the lynchmob of years past I thought we had advanced as a society but aparently not. A scorned woman is amicable force and apparently doesn't realize what damage she can do for some revenge.
father of 7--Ashuelot NH

Brattleboro, VT

#19 Jan 23, 2010
Jessica wrote:
Honey, I don't know what rock you are living under but here in the real world bad break-up can caus epeolpe to do very mean cruel things like withhold children from the other parent, make false accusations and many more cruel, unthinkable things
appalled mother

Springfield, MA

#20 Jan 24, 2010
what i find interesting is that the man was investigated for three months before being arrested. this to me does not simulate a "lynch mob mentality" but rather a district attorney who made a decision based of facts presented to him. my personal view is this: charges are not filed based on whether or not the man smoked pot but instead are based on the testimony of the alleged victim. i personally do not care one way or another if he smokes pot but i do care if he is a danger to society and in particular to young women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermonts new economy (Jun '14) Aug 16 Community Disorga... 216
Obama's Top Ten Lies Last Night/ Clinton's Crim... (Jan '16) Aug 5 LI Meddler 5
Actor Says Obama Stole His Persona (Nov '13) Jul '16 TheReligionOfPeac... 13
Melissa Barratt's family and friends... (Aug '11) Jul '16 her sister 24
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun '16 internet troll 1
Happy Zombie Jesus Day (Apr '15) Jun '16 SDIPN dot Net 25
Seek God And Receive Answers For Your Troubles (Apr '15) Jun '16 Light For All 4

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages