Why our country is going down the drain

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wowza

South Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Judge Judy at her best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
KILL THE te LEVI SION

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Judge Jew-D.evil will burn will burn in Hell along with her stupid fans
reality

Claremont, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Our country is going down the drain because our former leaders defrauded the taxpayers to the tune of 6 TRILLION dollars by profiting from an illegal war.

And because there are a lot of sociopathic republicans confusing Ayn Rand with some fictional jerk named Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I dont owe you pet toys

Williston, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Wowza wrote:
Judge Judy at her best!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
absolutely perfect, Judge nailed the reason so many taxpayers are fed up.
Markie

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

reality wrote:
Our country is going down the drain because our former leaders defrauded the taxpayers to the tune of 6 TRILLION dollars by profiting from an illegal war.
And because there are a lot of sociopathic republicans confusing Ayn Rand with some fictional jerk named Jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Who profited and how did they profit? How much money did they make? And where is the money now? No facts and none to be found.

Just more angry liberal atheist paranoia.
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

who created the system the guy is milking ?

the upper middle class white collar naricissist yuppies made the mess the country is in, not the 1 percenters, not the morons milking the system. The average college educated idiots made the mess.

supposedly educated people at a university enabled him to be enrolled. Meat in the seat so they could game the system pretending to educate retards like him while stuffing a paycheck in their pocket so they are stealing also.
Concertina

Morrisville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe wrote:
who created the system the guy is milking ?
the upper middle class white collar naricissist yuppies made the mess the country is in, not the 1 percenters, not the morons milking the system. The average college educated idiots made the mess.
supposedly educated people at a university enabled him to be enrolled. Meat in the seat so they could game the system pretending to educate retards like him while stuffing a paycheck in their pocket so they are stealing also.
The college degree is now failing as a credential, as did in high school diploma before it. I hope that we can return to government by the people, of the people, for the people. Not college by the college educated, of the college educated, for the college educated. Education is good, but not when credentials are used as a lock-out for the rest. Benjamin Frankliin didn't have any credentials and look at how far he was able to go!
I Know More Than You

Franklin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Concertina wrote:
<quoted text>The college degree is now failing as a credential, as did in high school diploma before it. I hope that we can return to government by the people, of the people, for the people. Not college by the college educated, of the college educated, for the college educated. Education is good, but not when credentials are used as a lock-out for the rest. Benjamin Frankliin didn't have any credentials and look at how far he was able to go!
You are a shining example. Bravo!
Concertina

Morrisville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a shining example. Bravo!
YOU are a prime example of credential waste. Work for the public schools, do you?
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Concertina wrote:
<quoted text>The college degree is now failing as a credential, as did in high school diploma before it. I hope that we can return to government by the people, of the people, for the people. Not college by the college educated, of the college educated, for the college educated. Education is good, but not when credentials are used as a lock-out for the rest. Benjamin Frankliin didn't have any credentials and look at how far he was able to go!
Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Mark Twain never finshed grammer school and 1 guy became president in the 1800's with NO schooling at all. Maybe 2, no record of obomba ever having gone to school.

Just think the country is run by college educated people and look at the mess it is. Not just DC, states, towns, the schools all financial disaster zones. We hear how much better schools where back in the good old days, they must have sucked if the cream of the crop grew up and became todays leaders and who educated them ? The greatest generation ever. I guess they passed out good grades to dummies back than also. They got and A for effort.
Thoughtful

Morrisville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Greatest Generation forced their children to study. That's why so many of them got good grades and got to go to college. The trouble is, baby boomers rebelled against their parents disciplining them by starting a counterculture that thumbed the nose at everything their parents and grandparents stood for. The worst among them moved to Vermont, so they could transform the state. Now, if you try to discipline your child to study, CPS will probably be at your door. When your child fails to learn anything, you the parent will still be blamed. While the now worthless school system continues to soak more and more money.
Scotty

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Concertina wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are a prime example of credential waste. Work for the public schools, do you?
He is only 15.
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thoughtful wrote:
The Greatest Generation forced their children to study. That's why so many of them got good grades and got to go to college. The trouble is, baby boomers rebelled against their parents disciplining them by starting a counterculture that thumbed the nose at everything their parents and grandparents stood for. The worst among them moved to Vermont, so they could transform the state. Now, if you try to discipline your child to study, CPS will probably be at your door. When your child fails to learn anything, you the parent will still be blamed. While the now worthless school system continues to soak more and more money.
The flower children in VT are nothing compared to the people who ran places like CA into the ground. The generation is spoiled and financially illiterate so whatever they did learn and get good grades for sure wasn't what they needed to learn. Learning irrelavent trival isn't getting an education.

The ME Generation thinks spending more money will fix things, it's the way they where raised.

We need to just the opposite and lower the cost of living to become globally competative and should start with housing by driving down the cost of housing.
Poisoned

Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

One I fifty children are identified as being on the Autism Spectrum in the US. The failure isnt public education, the failure is the enviormental toxic waste dump we have created.
mikey

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Quasi socialism has taken Cyprus to the edge of a total breakdown of freedom. It is tyranny of the majority who keep up that spending and spending and spending and keep raising taxes to steal from the harder working members of the community. What happened in Cyprus could happen here.
Poisoned

Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

We can start by replacing coal with nuclear and hydro then we should ban all herbicides and pesticides that aren't naturally derived. Even so, their use should be restricted. All detergents must be biodegradable. We need to ban the use of preventative antibiotics in livestock. Refuse to allow the import of products that aren't in compliance.
Holly Hearth

Gilsum, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The flower children in VT are nothing compared to the people who ran places like CA into the ground. The generation is spoiled and financially illiterate so whatever they did learn and get good grades for sure wasn't what they needed to learn. Learning irrelavent trival isn't getting an education.
The ME Generation thinks spending more money will fix things, it's the way they where raised.
We need to just the opposite and lower the cost of living to become globally competative and should start with housing by driving down the cost of housing.
I would LOVE to see the cost of housing go down! How can it be done?
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Holly Hearth wrote:
<quoted text>I would LOVE to see the cost of housing go down! How can it be done?
by changing zoning laws, property tax laws, act 250, involving more local government working with not for profit developers and not just to create things flower children type people think is hip.

http://www.w-wht.org/

the GI generation benefited from the GI bill and cheap housing because there was tons of cheap land back than.

now we would need not-for-profits involved or else the profiteers will try and make a killing and also changes in property taxes to drive down the cost of land by making it more exspensive to sit on it do to taxes. Nothing crazy, just put a little more tax on open land and make it easier to buy a lot and build on it. My house couldn't be built today and on the hassle goes to comply with regulation most of vermonts current older housing doesn't meet so couldn't be built as is today.

It doesn't have to be huge projects in any one place, just something in every town in a county to slowly wind down the cost over the years. Rents are way too high and lots of low quality energy inefficient places so new GREEN and small places need to be built on a limited basis instead of giving people section 8 assistance so they can turn it over to some slum lord or wealth person making a killing price gouging for rent just because they can.

It would just take a few places here and there and a few other 5 to 10 unit mini developements to make a difference in most of vermont. With not-for-profits involved the vacation home types can be excluded along with the flip the place for a huge profit oppertunist types. The property market is like it is because of the tourist traffic.

High property costs drive jobs out and low paying toursit trap service industry jobs don't pay enough to have a decent standard of living when property prices and rents are so high.

vermont should work for vermonters, not just loaded transplant flower children flatlanders and tourists while working class vermonters live third world lifestyles.
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

http://www.townandcountryrealty.com/homes-con...

tons of cheap housing in claremont NH, but with no income tax the property taxes are unreal.

I looked up the cost of new pre-fab houses a few years ago and $55,000 got the basic house, but there is how much profit and markeingt costs rolled into the price ? Plus it still requires land and site work like foundation and utiities so a wild guess is basic housing can be built new and GREEN for well under $100,000 if low cost land is available. The mortgage and proprty taxes would beat paying rent and the buyer would own the place at some point so be building net worth. Also if some real effort is made to make it GREEN the bills are low. Doesn't have to be over kill GREEN because than it drives up the cost.

Keeping the cost down needs to be job #1. Solar is warm & fuzzy sounding, but not to people who can barely pay the rent around here.

The only way to do it is threw not-for-profits with strings attached so 2nd home buyers and oppertunists are excluded so they can't flip them by buying cheap and than turning around and selling them a profit.

It's GREEN, it's not a bottomless pit of government money for public housing and it gives young people a break, start in life just like most middle aged and older peoples parents or grandparents got under the GI bill. Times have changed so try something different to give young people a hand up instead of a life time of handouts while rent gougers rob them or milk section 8.
Markiemark

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Holly Hearth wrote:
<quoted text>I would LOVE to see the cost of housing go down! How can it be done?
It won't happen. If you compare the cost of housing in Vermont to the cost in 1982 and the affect of inflation it is cheaper now than it was then. What isn't the same is wages as the good jobs are now gone and our tourist and arts economy is generating nothing but entry level wages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brattleboro Discussions

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Landmark Bennington lumberyard closing Jul 10 markey the masshole 1
Greenberg's to close after 65 years Jul 10 markey the masshole 5
Former boxer Lucas dies in Burlington (Jul '10) Jul 9 Edward Leach 4
Fukushima Worsening!-Thank Nuketards 4Ruining E... (Aug '13) Jul 9 Quake Near Indian Point 104
Vermonts new economy Jul 9 Yippies Have More Fun 32
SIT student claims he was profiled at Bratt sup... (Nov '13) Jul 7 no censor its TOS 53
jews land in israel Jul 6 JewsAgainstZionism DotCom 3
•••
•••

Brattleboro News Video

•••
•••

Brattleboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brattleboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brattleboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brattleboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••