Wealth Distribution
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Dec 2, 2013
Wealth Distribution

http://www.utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-americans-...
Shame on the 80% of us who won’t coalesce into a political powerhouse in order to change our nation.
Shame on you the bottom half...
Mike

Bennington, VT

#2 Dec 2, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Wealth Distribution
Shame on the 80% of us who won’t coalesce into a political powerhouse in order to change our nation.
So what would you do Mike? Take it away from them? Keep in mind that if you taxed every single person/family that showed a million dollars of income this year at 100% you would still have a deficit of $500 billion dollars.
One other thing. If you saved $2000/year every year from the time you were 25 until you were 65 you would have over a million dollars in the bank. Would you take that money too?
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Dec 2, 2013
Income and wealth are two differant issues.

Then we arn't talking all the wealth contained within businesses and corporation owned by the rich.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Dec 2, 2013
Hmm, I ‘d make it a law where the minimum wage is $20 and hour and full benefits.

Lifetime free education and a government stipend to go to college or quality jobs training.

Massive public works program that creates a jobs shortage nationwide.

A cabinet position for the poor, homeless and forgotten...quality government employees and adequate funding so that everyone gets fully recovered.

A new USA government economic system not dependent at all on private debt...
Mike

Bennington, VT

#5 Dec 2, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Hmm, I ‘d make it a law where the minimum wage is $20 and hour and full benefits.
Lifetime free education and a government stipend to go to college or quality jobs training.
Massive public works program that creates a jobs shortage nationwide.
A cabinet position for the poor, homeless and forgotten...quality government employees and adequate funding so that everyone gets fully recovered.
A new USA government economic system not dependent at all on private debt...
The trouble is that the top 25% are already paying 90% of the Federal income taxes being paid and there is not that much left over. In order to do what you are talking about you will have to start getting taxes on everyone else. There simply isn't as much money in the hands of the "rich" as you like to fantasize about. For instance, if you took every nickel of every billionaire in the US and applied it to the national debt you would have to do the same thing for another 21 years to pay of the debt. And your program would be expensive.

As for the minimum wage increase. The profits of the companies would remain the same since they would just increase prices. Inflation would ensue and bingo the hike in the minimum wage would result in no more wealth.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#6 Dec 2, 2013
Yea, blah, blah, blah...you think the world is perfect the way it is.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Dec 2, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
And I freely admit to being an F'ing A-hole who has completely destroyed this resource and scared most of the more thoughtful posters away.

So much for getting news fast on community issues, emergency's, discussions on local happenings and etc. Now its 95% me just answering myself over and over again.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#8 Dec 2, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
It is not perfect but it is a lot better than it would be if you were actually in charge. There is a reason that the US is the wealthiest country in the world and it isn't because people like you have prevailed in forcing wealth redistribution.
Flat Lander

United States

#9 Dec 2, 2013
Can't wait for twenty dollar happy meal and the beer at McNeil's will be just a mere saw buck to parch your quest of taste. Best find a place to park with no meters since they don't take coin anymore, slid that card through the WOW opening?!
I Know More Than You

Hooksett, NH

#10 Dec 2, 2013
FoxNewsIdiot wrote:
For instance, if you took every nickel of every billionaire in the US and applied it to the national debt you would have to do the same thing for another 21 years to pay of the debt. And your program would be expensive.
How many times you gonna prop up that straw man?
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#11 Dec 2, 2013
Flat Lander wrote:
Can't wait for twenty dollar happy meal and the beer at McNeil's will be just a mere saw buck to parch your quest of taste. Best find a place to park with no meters since they don't take coin anymore, slid that card through the WOW opening?!
Your record player is skipping?
Alex

Newton Center, MA

#12 Dec 2, 2013
Park? With what car? Can't do that until ObamaWheels is passed and I can get my free govt-supplied car, which will need servicing so I'll need ObamaWrench to help me with that.
And if anyone is against these wonderful new govt services provided by President Barry Marx Soetoro, all we have to do to shut them up is call them racist haters of our duly elected President
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#13 Dec 2, 2013
Dream on!
Mike Mulligan

Bennington, VT

#14 Dec 3, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Wealth Distribution
Compared to billions of people in the world, everyone in the US has enough. So if we have enough why do we need to worry about people who have more
I Know More Than You

Hooksett, NH

#15 Dec 4, 2013
FoxNewsIdiot wrote:
Compared to billions of people in the world, everyone in the US has enough. So if we have enough why do we need to worry about people who have more
Yet another specious argument.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#16 Dec 4, 2013
WSJ:

Generially the obama will come out with throw them a 75 cent increase. We will settle for 50 cents.

Obama Urges Steps to Resolve Income Inequality

President Calls on Congress to Increase Minimum Wage

President Barack Obama, seeking to renew focus on the economy after months of mostly bad news about the health-law rollout, said Wednesday that growing income inequality is harming the U.S. economy and called on Congress to increase the minimum wage.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#17 Dec 4, 2013
Generially the obama guys will come out with throw them a 75 cent increase. But we will settle for 50 cents.

I am already in the post Obama era!
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#18 Dec 4, 2013
The only thing that will bring me back to Obama is he shuts down the governmeent until everyone doubles the income of the bottom half...
Mike Mulligan

Port Huron, MI

#19 Dec 4, 2013
It's just him trying to throw a bone to the many underemployed since his popularity rating in the dumper
Barry's old campaign promise to try to undo some of the horrendous damage to the economy and jobs etc. caused by the NWO globalist bankster's GATT & NAFTA etc. was just pure BS, as is anything this sodomite puke says

Mark Twain had it right-
http://static.infowars.com/bindnfocom/2013/12...
--

“You know how I define the economic & social classes in this country? The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the crap out of the middle class. Keep em showing up at those jobs.”
-George Carlin
--

John Boehner Signs Up for Obamacare
Wait a minute. Didn’t Boehner lead the Republican charge against Obamacare?
www.infowars.com/john-boehner-signs-up-for-ob...
--
VAPORIZED: Detroit Obliterates Retirement Funds: 80% Cuts to Pensioners:“This Is Going to Affect Everyone”
www.infowars.com/vaporized-detroit-obliterate...
^and next to fall is NYC which is now run by DaBlasio- the 2nd most prominent Marxist politician in the U.S. next to Barry
---

NFL Faces National Protest
The National Football League once again revealed itself to be little more than an establishment political tool when it declined to run a Super Bowl ad submitted by rifle manufacturer Daniel Defense
www.infowars.com/nfl-faces-national-protest/
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#20 Dec 4, 2013
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another specious argument.
Another empty rejoinder from the internet coward. Tell the billions of really poor people in the world that it is a specious argument. They think Americans are rich and spoiled and they are right.

I notice you don't think the argument is wrong or factually incorrect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... (Apr '14) 19 hr Radio Flyer 3016 20
News Man charged with inappropriately touching child Apr 7 Anonymous 1
News Former employee suing Mack Molding over alleged... Jan '18 Comrade Sanders 2
News Diversity dialogue to continue in Brattleboro (Aug '17) Dec '17 Comrade Sanders 6
Grout Pond National Forest Area to Become Paid ... (Oct '17) Nov '17 Defiant1 3
News Gentlewolf released on bail (Jun '07) Oct '17 amen 3
Tellman Knudson (Jun '12) Jul '17 Angela Hernandez 51

Brattleboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages