Sen Leahy pushes GE Rutland

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

Cool

Burlington, VT

#1 Aug 13, 2013
RUTLAND, Vt.-
Sen. Patrick Leahy made a stop at the General Electric plant in Rutland Tuesday, pushing for more business from the Navy.

The GE Rutland plant currently employs 1,200 workers. Among the products made are parts for the Navy's F-18 fighter jets. As the Navy considers enhancing their jet engines, Leahy says he will be voicing support that the business should be brought to the Rutland plant. The enhanced engines, Leahy says, would save the Navy $5 billion in lifecycle costs and the added contract would help the GE plant for decades.

"We are always finding better ways to do things. It is going to give the Navy options for their jet fleet down the road. If this option works out, it can be an outstanding source of work for employees in this area for years to come," said Leahy, D-Vermont.

"It's the most important employer in the region and is a real economic driver. So, it is critical for the community at the state level and the federal level-- with the help of the federal delegation, to nurture this business," Rutland City Mayor Christopher Louras said.

The engine upgrades would provide better fuel efficiency and high performing jets. GE managers say it is unclear when decisions will be made.
WTFU WTFU WTFU WTFU WTFU

United States

#2 Aug 13, 2013
nothing 'cool' here

Traitor Leahy co-authored the 'USA PATRIOT' Act and greatly supported other unconstitutional sh't like the NDAA etc. to destroy our freedoms, while joining in the Big Lie chorus that the unlawful wars we're involved in and our soldiers are 'Fighting For Our Freedoms' when it's about everything BUT that and really about the 'New World Order' agenda of the America & nationalism-hating global elite.

GE designed the lemon of a reactor called the Mark I. Three of them went Ka-Blooey in Fukushima and the Pacific is becoming highly radioactive from them, it's becoming worse than Chernobyl which killed one million people with cancer.
Google "GE Three" to read about the three original nuclear design engineers who whistleblew about the Mark I being NFG and suseptable to meltdowns way back when it was first built by them.
I Know More Than You

Moultonborough, NH

#3 Aug 14, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
it's becoming worse than Chernobyl which killed one million people with cancer.
You seem to have a lot in common with the person who penned the following, I wonder why that is?

"But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over."
Alex

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Aug 14, 2013
figures ewe'r an admirer of Hitler, no doubt ewe wish our govt. had let him develop the nuke bomb first

turning Adolph's quote around...

"But the most effective anti-truth techniques will yield success if one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. We nukies must confine ourself to attacking the most destructive truths about nukedom and radiation dangers and deny them over and over."

keep trying to deny the truth but Chernobyl did kill one million-it's documented
http://www.youtube.com/results...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ayn Rand 2 hr Recovered Objecti... 1
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... (Mar '14) 6 hr Ed Blowhard Brayton 117
Just another religious criminal 7 hr ur faith is a joke 7
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) 7 hr ur faith is a joke 416
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) 8 hr knowledge 542
Obama: 'Help Us Destroy Jesus And Start A New A... (Sep '12) 9 hr reality 20
marble ace arvidson 15 hr Esther 20

Brattleboro News Video

Brattleboro Dating
Find my Match

Brattleboro Jobs

Brattleboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brattleboro News, Events & Info