State Police continue to investigate Brattleboro underage drinking ...

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

A Dummerston man was arrested late Friday night after the Vermont State Police reported to an underage drinking party on Sunset Lake Road.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Dec 10, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

another "good kid" trusted by his parents while there away. Not my Cory. Same story just change the name and address to apply to your family. "For all you do this one is for you".
Hannah

Springfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

while they're away
their child
the party was there

thanks for your opinion though, you illiterate know-nothing
flat lander wrote:
another "good kid" trusted by his parents while there away. Not my Cory. Same story just change the name and address to apply to your family. "For all you do this one is for you".
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Hannah are you on the same story or even this world with that reply. Gee did you miss your train at the airport.
Hannah

Springfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Just trying to help you understand the various spellings and meanings of they're, their, and there. What part of that did you fail to understand, or were you hoping your clever remarks would serve to distract others from your ignorance.
flat lander wrote:
Hannah are you on the same story or even this world with that reply. Gee did you miss your train at the airport.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

I am in love with you Hanna!
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Looks like somebody hasn't gotten the update on NEW ENGLISH

They who ever they are have simplified it and removed lots of confusion, they're has been done away with along with their, only there is correct now and I before E is now take your pick and do what feels good.
People are FREE to right anyways they please, write has also been eliminated.

if 2 plus 2 equals whatever feels good and boosts there self esteem and silly things like paying your bills no longer matter, why worry about nonsense like anail english
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Joe which way do you spell when tagging
Bored

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Thank God they taught me to read a map in school. The address given isn't in Brattleboro. but hey, I gave up on factual news reporting years ago.
Timeforachange

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Hannah, A lot of people are sloppy with their spelling and grammar. But most people considered it bad manners to pick on spelling or grammar in response to a post. You go ahead and do it though. I wouldn't want to waste my time reading any other kind of response since you clearly have nothing important to say on the subject.

Oh how clever you are to know the differnce in the various uses of they're, their and there.
really

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

what i don't understand is thoughs peeple that cant speel wright... i halve to wread what they rote several times to unserstnad what they meen...
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Mike Mulligan wrote:
I am in love with you Hanna!
Hannah!
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

I am pretty sure flat lander is college educated, and probably a elite college.
Anonymous

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

"Cody Balin, 19, was cited with enabling underage consumption"
How did a 19 year old enable underage drinking? How did he get the alcohol?
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Anonymous The story mentioned that the party was at Cody's house and their were some 21 old's at the party{ their names to follow when they unfold the "hole" story If any of my Grammar throws you off maybe Hannah can help out if she's not gleaming for Mike. Yes Mike you are correct. I went to a stste and private colleges and was thrown off both campuses I was not enrolled in either just part of their party courses Tapping 101 and slugging shots till ? Oh those were the good old days when we all spelled the same.

Since: Jul 10

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Timeforachange wrote:
Hannah, A lot of people are sloppy with their spelling and grammar. But most people considered it bad manners to pick on spelling or grammar in response to a post. You go ahead and do it though. I wouldn't want to waste my time reading any other kind of response since you clearly have nothing important to say on the subject.
Oh how clever you are to know the differnce in the various uses of they're, their and there.
I've noticed a pattern: Those who write like people with very little education, as well as those who defend and apologize for them, are usually espousing far-right causes, reinforcing the dumb redneck stereotype.

Those who correct the spelling and grammar of others are often also criticizing their reasoning skills, reinforcing the liberal elitist stereotype.
Timeforachange

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

New Clear Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed a pattern: Those who write like people with very little education, as well as those who defend and apologize for them, are usually espousing far-right causes, reinforcing the dumb redneck stereotype.
Those who correct the spelling and grammar of others are often also criticizing their reasoning skills, reinforcing the liberal elitist stereotype.
Partially right. Clearly the only people who get off criticizing grammar or spelling are the same people who rant about cars idoling and people talking on cell phones while driving. They are typically angry and not all that willing to discuss things and one wonders if they have ever changed their opinions about anything.

They also typically identify conservative causes with poor or uneducated people when clearly the majority of poor people are liberal democrats. It is an undeniable and uncontrollable feeling that they need to be superior to someone that drives them.

They aren't really liberal as they are constantly telling other people what to do instead of accepting them for who and what they are...the opposit of liberal...and they aren't really elite because push come to shove they are no more talented than anyone else and in most cases their lack of talent and inability to actually compete in the big bad world has driven them to their corners.

So in the end the tag "liberal elites" is just a handy way to describe an angry personality type that we all have come to know and love.
Timeforachange

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

But they are a significant 21% of the voters so their voices when they shout loud enough are hard to ignore.
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

New Clear Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed a pattern also, people who can't defend there position resort to petty nothings to try and tear down other posters while trying to look smart by using computer programs so there posts have proper spelling & grammer.
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

flat lander wrote:
Joe which way do you spell when tagging
there is no return on that investment, waste of time & money
remove posts

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

Moderator why do you continue to allow these fools to spam and flame posts? Who wants to read this garbage? Its on almost every forum discussion board you have. People don't bother to respond because they will be flamed.Quick way to lose visitors .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) 10 hr Gott mit uns 382
Naulakha 14 hr Brian Harris 1
Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug 11 Bob Story 4
Fukushima Worsening!-Thank Nuketards 4Ruining E... (Aug '13) Aug 7 Reactor Fuel Exposed 106
Man subdued during break Aug 7 JewsAgainstZionis... 2
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) Aug 5 A Symbol Of Hope 1,200
Putney Village Pizza: Now serving Turkish food Aug 4 God Wants IsraHEL... 3

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
•••

Brattleboro News Video

•••
•••

Brattleboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••