Brat's Route 119 bridge Fails NHDOT Inspection

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Brat's Route 119 bridge fails NHDOT Inspection

http://steamshovel2002.blogspot.com/2013/03/n...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Mar 26, 2013
The North-Hinsdale area where the trust is connected to the concrete footing needs emergency repair.

I identified this area as being the worst degradation two years ago and got multiple old pictures of it i posted here.
MikeMullign

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Mar 27, 2013
http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_22879304...

Minor deterioration showing on bridge between Brattleboro, Hinsdale

Wednesday March 27, 2013
HINSDALE, N.H.-- The state's Department of Transportation on Monday was performing inspections on two bridges connecting the town with Vermont that many hope will be replaced by one brand-new structure.
Steve Johnson, NHDOT's assistant administrator for bridge maintenance, said the Anna Hunt Marsh and Charles Dana bridges on Route 119 show some minor deterioration the department wants to take care of, but no major problems. New Hampshire, Vermont and two separate regional planning commissions have been pushing for a proposed Route 119 replacement bridge that would span the Connecticut River, starting near the stop light at the old Walmart location and landing near the Merrill Gas Company tank farm in Brattleboro, Vt.
One of those planning commissions, the Southwest Region Planning Commission, is putting the bridges on a priority list it will submit to the NHDOT this April. The state agency will then review the lists of regional projects and decide which should go into the state's 10-year transportation improvement plan.
JB Mack, the principal planner for the Keene-based SWRPC, told the Reformer a report was put together following a site visit in September to highlight any remaining questions in regards to improving the bi-state project's readiness for the 10-year planning process. He said within the next few weeks, officials from both towns are expected to come together to discuss the SWRPC's report and how to find answers to the remaining questions, which include economic development.
Mike Mullign

Brattleboro, VT

#5 Mar 27, 2013
See my vedio about the "clean hands" of the reformer on my blog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Entergy Owes Overtime to Security Sift Supervis... 8 hr harleyguy 1
Unprecedented Working-age Americans Not Holding... Sat Autumn Is Best 6
Business Buzz Sat Autumn Is Best 1
Estey Day celebration at organ museum Sat Autumn Is Best 1
marble ace arvidson Sat Autumn Is Best 9
Guilford stands by recycling bin removal Sat Nancy Lanza Still... 5
Retreat is 14th largest mental health provider ... Sat Say No To Geoengi... 10
•••

Brattleboro News Video

•••