Brattleboro Radio Shack Closing?

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Mar 7, 2014
In another win for the Obama recovery and Brattleboro's vote on an increase of the local sales tax, Radio Shack announced it will close up to 1100 stores across the country.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2...
Flat Lander

United States

#2 Mar 7, 2014
The brat radio shack is privately owned so it may or may not fall into the corporation plans.

Since: Nov 10

Ardsley, NY

#3 Mar 7, 2014
Brattleboro's store has been spared closure, reports the Reformer.

http://www.reformer.com/nation/ci_25291963/ra...
Joe

Belmont, VT

#4 Mar 7, 2014
e-commerce
the new economy
the global economy
Flat Lander

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2014
They have to keep that store open so we can get the parts for our illegal communications with the underground and communist

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 9, 2014
Joe wrote:
e-commerce
the new economy
the global economy
Sadly, no one on the right understands this. Sides, they announced they are selling more online. It's like those self-check-out lines. I bet every person who uses it is on some type of assistance...thinking the rich won't get rid of their welfare and clueless about the corporation stopping all check out cashier jobs and making YOU work for corporations for free.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#7 Mar 9, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, no one on the right understands this. Sides, they announced they are selling more online. It's like those self-check-out lines. I bet every person who uses it is on some type of assistance...thinking the rich won't get rid of their welfare and clueless about the corporation stopping all check out cashier jobs and making YOU work for corporations for free.
I like self checkout and self service gas.
Flat Lander

United States

#8 Mar 9, 2014
JOE do they have any self service bar rooms in Windsor County cause the ones that have bartenders seem to serve me too much?I don't think a self serve at the liquor store would work either but I do like using and ordering things over the internet cause their is no push till you push "BUY" including the right size, color,series and a better explanation to specs and applications than you can get from a part time employee out side of a game or cell phone!!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#9 Mar 10, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I like self checkout and self service gas.
Then you are officially a slave for corporations. Congrats!!!
Joe

Belmont, VT

#10 Mar 10, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are officially a slave for corporations. Congrats!!!
do you cook your own food ?

If so you do your own shopping and cook your own food and do your own dishes, you should pay restaurant employee's to wait on you. The cost would be what 4 or 5 times as much as eating at home ? You would be the slave to the restaurant corporation.

Full service gas station charge for the service, I'll do it myself and self service checkouts help keep prices down so no problem.

In theory paying a little extra to have people wait on us would create jobs and a light labor market would push up wages and we would be all better off. I deal with reality, it's a tough world and everyone for themselves so I penny saved isn't a penny earned, it's like 2 cents earned because if we earn a 2 cents the government take 1.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Mar 10, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
If so you do your own shopping and cook your own food and do your own dishes, you should pay restaurant employee's to wait on you. The cost would be what 4 or 5 times as much as eating at home ? You would be the slave to the restaurant corporation.
Full service gas station charge for the service, I'll do it myself and self service checkouts help keep prices down so no problem.
In theory paying a little extra to have people wait on us would create jobs and a light labor market would push up wages and we would be all better off. I deal with reality, it's a tough world and everyone for themselves so I penny saved isn't a penny earned, it's like 2 cents earned because if we earn a 2 cents the government take 1.
Government hater!
Joe

Belmont, VT

#13 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Government hater!
I don't hate the government as long as other people pay for it and the government leaves me alone I have no problem with government at all. Just give me FREE stuff and somebody else the bill is fair in my eyes. It's for the children, the bill that is.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#14 Mar 10, 2014
Government Hater!
Govt Jail for mikey

Rutland, VT

#15 Mar 10, 2014
mikey one of the things ewe had to agree to do in order to get that plea deal with the Keene court was to NOT be a pain in the ass nut!
constantly trolling here with ewe're phorktarded comments is a violation of the judges rules and I'm sending them an amicus curić brief about ewe
//
4 more test positive for radiation exposure in New Mexico
The Department of Energy announced Sunday that 17 workers at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant near Carlsbad have tested positive for radiation contamination, an increase from 13 workers the department previously reported.
www.infowars.com/4-more-test-positive-for-rad...
//
CBS Journalist Resigns After Being Pressured Over ‘Anti-Obama’ Reporting
“Attkisson, who has been with CBS News for two decades, had grown frustrated with what she saw as the network’s liberal bias, an outsized influence by the network’s corporate partners and a lack of dedication to investigative reporting, several sources said. She increasingly felt like her work was no longer supported and that it was a struggle to get her reporting on air,”
www.infowars.com/cbs-journalist-resigns-after...
//
Rand Paul Is “Definitely” Preparing A Presidential Run
www.infowars.com/rand-paul-is-definitely-prep...

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#16 Mar 11, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief is probably the poorest correlation I have ever seen.

Let's stick to the topic at hand...do you scan your own groceries and other items and bag them when there are registers open with cashiers? If so, then you are getting rid of American jobs.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#17 Mar 11, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's stick to the topic at hand...do you scan your own groceries and other items and bag them when there are registers open with cashiers? If so, then you are getting rid of American jobs.
Grocery stores near me don't have self checkout lanes, only home depot does and they have tons of help in the store where it counts.

I would scan my own groceries because why should I care when I live in a country full of people driving vehicles made by foreign car companies ? My drop in the bucket is irrelevant and 1 hour of cashier labor a year from my shopping is totally meaningless in a country where nobody gives a crap about anyone but themselves as trillions of dollars is pissed away on all sorts of stuff.

Your pet peeve is like ranting about somebody leaving the bathroom light on while living so high on the hog the light bill is irrelevant.
RossPerotRonPaul WereRight

Rutland, VT

#18 Mar 11, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
no, let's instead stick to the REAL topic at hand- Why did ewe vote for those globalist shills who pushed for and/or voted for 'Free Trade' deals like NAFTA & GATT etc. to be passed and Favored Nation Trading status for our communist enemy China? Those treasonous congresscritters and presidents sold us out on purpose for the benefit of the international banksters who made them rich while the unfair trade deals and globalism made it much harder to start a manufacturing plant here but the banksters grease the skids for anyone with $$ wanting to start one overseas- Thanks A Lot Commie_Puker!

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#19 Mar 11, 2014
RossPerotRonPaulWereRight wrote:
<quoted text>
no, let's instead stick to the REAL topic at hand- Why did ewe vote for those globalist shills who pushed for and/or voted for 'Free Trade' deals like NAFTA & GATT etc. to be passed and Favored Nation Trading status for our communist enemy China? Those treasonous congresscritters and presidents sold us out on purpose for the benefit of the international banksters who made them rich while the unfair trade deals and globalism made it much harder to start a manufacturing plant here but the banksters grease the skids for anyone with $$ wanting to start one overseas- Thanks A Lot Commie_Puker!
Republicans are the globalists..hence, their mantra that "corporations are people" to get more welfare checks from Congress which the repubicans gladly do while cutting food stamps for veterans.

Bush created 250 Free Trade Agreements. Daddy Bush signed the NAFTA treaty with Mexico and Canada. Not Clinton. He added on the fair wages which has fallen by the wayside.

The reason no jobs are being created here is Reagan, who got rid of the anti-trust laws. Those are the laws which kept monopolies from controlling the market. Now, we have monopolies doing business overseas and getting lower tarrifs and NO competition at home.

You really need to read history. And find books with facts. If you're voting republican or tea party, you're sinking our nation..and those of us who are patriots are getting mighty tired of that.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#20 Mar 11, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Grocery stores near me don't have self checkout lanes, only home depot does and they have tons of help in the store where it counts.
I would scan my own groceries because why should I care when I live in a country full of people driving vehicles made by foreign car companies ? My drop in the bucket is irrelevant and 1 hour of cashier labor a year from my shopping is totally meaningless in a country where nobody gives a crap about anyone but themselves as trillions of dollars is pissed away on all sorts of stuff.
Your pet peeve is like ranting about somebody leaving the bathroom light on while living so high on the hog the light bill is irrelevant.
Make any excuse you want...you are a person who is working for free for corporations and creating higher unemployment in this nation; and more homeless as well.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#21 Mar 11, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Make any excuse you want...you are a person who is working for free for corporations and creating higher unemployment in this nation; and more homeless as well.
how much did you get paid for making 35,853 comments ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freemasons continue to threaten ex Brattleboro ... Nov 16 Jesse Rishel 1
Ramuntos Pizza Nov 16 offtherecord 1
Grout Pond National Forest Area to Become Paid ... Nov 2 Defiant1 3
News Gentlewolf released on bail (Jun '07) Oct '17 amen 3
News Diversity dialogue to continue in Brattleboro Sep '17 Paul Kersey 5
Tellman Knudson (Jun '12) Jul '17 Angela Hernandez 51
Did Anyone Get Kilt In Your Flood (Aug '11) Jul '17 Redneck 7

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance