Mulligan: It’s A Travesty Of Justice

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Mar 25, 2014
I plead guilty to one count of a class B criminal mischief misdemeanor. My fine and punishment is incongruent with a plea of three class A misdemeanors and a felony.

Just because a newspaper reports it and a police officer’s says it with our form of government...it doesn’t make it true. You got to have the proof to back up that statement and cycle it through the courts.
As part of the plea agreement, the prosecutor agreed to remove off the charge, strike off the complaint the part of me using a crow bar or hammer on the bridge. There is nothing remaining on the court record that I used any instruments on the bridge other than my hands. The boards I removed, twice I might add, weren’t physically attached to the bridge.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Mar 25, 2014
I repeat, I did not plead guilty to any class A misdemeanor or any felony!!!
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Mar 25, 2014
"In exchange for pleading guilty to a felony and three misdemeanors, he must also avoid going within 100 feet of that structure or the Anna Hunt Marsh bridge, except for routine travel without stopping, or risk the fine and penalty assessment."

Jesus, they seen the court paperwork!
Flat Lander

United States

#6 Mar 25, 2014
For that cost of fines & penalties they should name the new bridge after you or at least the side walk/bike path in your honor.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Mar 25, 2014
Freaking idiots..the case goes over to superior court with a felony.
There is a huge difference between a class A and B misdemeanor by the way!
Flat Lander

United States

#8 Mar 25, 2014
How would I know ,I don't have any class!
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#9 Mar 25, 2014
I was pushing Tom D and his newspaper to write a rebutal:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brattleboro-v...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Mar 25, 2014
I called up Dominic and Tom to tell them how I felt about them slandering me in their newspaper.

Left a voice recording because they are too chicken to talk to me personally.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#11 Mar 25, 2014
“Michael J. Mulligan, 60, agreed on Wednesday, Feb. 26, to pay a $1,000 fine, plus a $240 penalty assessment, if he cannot pay $1,253.76 in restitutions within a year for damage he caused to the portion of the Charles Dana Bridge designated for pedestrians.”

I didn’t give them these specific numbers…although I had the documents in my hand during the telephone conversation with Dominic. Once I heard the $1257.76 on the phone, I knew he had court documents in his greasy hands.

This is prima-facie proof they knew I plead to a class B criminal mischief and they put a lie into their newspaper that I plead guilty to the felony and all the class As.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Mar 25, 2014
I plead guilty to fixing a bridge without getting state premission!
Bratt Times

Rutland, VT

#13 Mar 25, 2014
so the stuff in the Other town paper about Mulligan being a Public Nuisance to the point of DHS considering terrorism charges is also untrue? The article headline I saw said "Judge Mulls Mental Eval, ECT for Mulligan"

Oh look, yet another person capable of looking up!
(letter to the paper)
'What’s going on in our skies?'-->
http://www.reformer.com/opinion/ci_25412196/l...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#14 Mar 25, 2014
Re: Mulligan: "It's A Travesty Of Justice"

Domenic Poli
To Me
Today at 1:34 PM

Hello Mike,

I want to offer my sincerest apologies that I misread the court document. My editor has said it was fixed online and we are rerunning the story in tomorrow's paper.

-Dom
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#15 Mar 25, 2014
Me
To Domenic Poli

Today at 2:49 PM

Dom,

On the front page tomorrow?

Would you run it with one of my pictures?

Does Tom want to interview me on his radio program about the bridge?

Mike
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#17 Mar 25, 2014
Neither Tom or Dominic have the courtesy to give me a call back after listening to my voice recording today. This is what we are changing on the story and do you have any other concerns with the story.

Remember Dominic cold call me out of nowhere about the plea agreement many weeks after I went to the Reformer asking them to clear up their story. Dom gave me no professional forewarning, a call about the plea is coming and you will be on the record when we talk.

I picked up the vibs he wasn’t getting the responses out of me he expected...he was a bit frustrated. He seemed rushed...

He showed absolutely no curiosity at all...like coming back to me three or four times asking me exactly what charges have you pled too. He thinks he knows everything about the story...the reformer only prints the words of god. Actually they are the gods...they already know the story before it happens

Then he submitted the story and it simmering in their system for four or five days. No worry from him with a fear of inaccuracy...to give me one more call back to verify the facts of the story.

Hey, but if you want to run an outlet like that...

That is how a story becomes so inaccurate...a reporter feels he already knows the story before he talks to the witness. He just didn’t have the instinct to dig for the wider truth. He seemed like he knew zero about me and didn't even do a internet search about me and the bridge...I have written extensively about the troubles with the NHDOT.

Just like the Reformer doesn’t have the balls to give me a call...even to make sure they got the story right on the second swipe.
Flat Lander

United States

#18 Mar 25, 2014
So much for you being a bad assk
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#19 Mar 25, 2014
Today at 5:23 PM

Dom,

You guys keep spinning this thing into making me worse than I am. Or you won't back out of your spinning...

Just why can’t the paper be accurate. I plead guilty to a B misdemeanor. A “A” misdemeanor means I faced a risk of going to jail...where a “B” misdemeanor means I faced no threat of being sentence with going to jail at all. There is a big difference between misdemeanors...being inaccurate defames my character.

The words of cops aren’t god. The courts though are mostly.

“According to documents filed by Hinsdale Patrolman Joshua Murray, the arresting officer, Mulligan caused damage to the walkway portion of the bridge by using a crowbar to remove several wooden boards from it, creating a hazard for pedestrians, on July 31, 2013.”
I adjudicated this statement through the court, judge and prosecutor. It was found to be materially inaccurate and a false statement.

You know, I’d got in my possession all the pretrial discovery including the witness statement and name.

The accurate statement is, I pulled up unattached boards with my hands...where the nails and screws were rusted off. I pulled up only dangerous loose boards...thus I repaired the walkway.

In pre trial discovery I got the recent bridge inspection reports where the NHDOT has admitted many loose and unattached boards, where they were negligent and too lazy to re attach them until I cued them. I mean, if your are interested in the truth...

And the NHDOT renailed more than twice as many boards as I pulled up with my hands...
It is not my fault you are having problems backing out of your terribly skimpy interview of me.

Mike
 Show message history
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More


Domenic Poli
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#20 Mar 25, 2014
The reformer from my the very first contact with me today knew I referenced this blog site. They knew I was logging down the events surrounding their inaccurate article about me.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#21 Mar 25, 2014
I added this about 9am and you notice how they never got back to me.

"I plead guilty to one count of a class B criminal mischief misdemeanor. My fine and punishment is incongruent with a plea of three class A misdemeanors and a felony.

Just because a newspaper reports it and a police officer’s says it with our form of government...it doesn’t make it true. You got to have the proof to back up that statement and cycle it through the courts.

As part of the plea agreement, the prosecutor agreed to remove off the charge, strike off the complaint the part of me using a crow bar or hammer on the bridge. There is nothing remaining on the court record that I used any instruments on the bridge other than my hands. The boards I removed, twice I might add, weren’t physically attached to the bridge."
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#22 Mar 25, 2014
Domenic Poli
To Me

Today at 5:44 PM

I have taken out the part about the crowbar.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#23 Mar 25, 2014
I asked him to about clarifying the misdemeanor issue. Gave them a reason why I think it should be remove. Yet, there is no response about this.

I just saying this isn’t at all professional and open...how can you ever trust working with this newspaper when your nuts are on the line.

I am just saying from the beginning the Reformer never showed any interesting in discussing this bridge or interviewing me. Nothing for three years...

Once I got arrested they only portrayed me in a very antagonistic point of view...what the police reported about me and the papers interpretation of what the police said. It was nothing about every tale has two sides of the story. Never did they come talk to me about what my point of view was. And as Tom spoke about, I came to them in their office with big chips of rust from the bridge and Tom just blew me off.

Personally I think this paper knows me as a whistleblower and they hate me for it...

They hate me for being a snitch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun 23 internet troll 1
Happy Zombie Jesus Day (Apr '15) Jun 21 SDIPN dot Net 25
Actor Says Obama Stole His Persona (Nov '13) Jun 19 Lhdollbaby 11
Seek God And Receive Answers For Your Troubles (Apr '15) Jun 14 Light For All 4
Looking for Guy Who Tried to Sell Heroin To My Kid (Sep '15) Jun 14 Light For All 7
Angels Are Watching You! (Apr '15) Jun 14 Light For All 8
News Habitual offender gets 15-24 months in jail (Aug '09) Jun 14 Light For All 8

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages