Subsistence Living in VT
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#21 Jan 29, 2014
Lost in VT wrote:
Here are another pair of terms that until the last eight years used to mean the same thing, minimum wage & starting wage. I wonder how minimum wage became a destination for Vermonters instead of a starting place for teenagers? I wonder who and when my ten dollar an hour wage will now be raised to Barak Obama's 10.10 minimum wage? My wage used to be above minimum wage and my job requires a college degree. I feel like I should quit my job and go to work at Dunkin Donuts.

A bachelors don’t need as much money as a family of four…why not have special low wages for bachelors and wives?
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#22 Jan 29, 2014
There are many workers not worth $2.00 an hour; especially in the public sector.
Flat Lander

United States

#23 Jan 29, 2014
Does anyone need a EDT card I can't use while I'm locked up. Will trade for some booze that you can smuggle in when you get the card.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#24 Jan 29, 2014
Flat Lander wrote:
Does anyone need a EDT card I can't use while I'm locked up. Will trade for some booze that you can smuggle in when you get the card.
Who is going to pay for the bus fare to Kentucky?
Flat Lander

United States

#25 Jan 29, 2014
I'm in the luxury suites in SSC Springfield
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#26 Jan 29, 2014
You wouldn't have computor access if you are there!
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#27 Jan 29, 2014
Outside internet access...
Lost in VT

Portland, ME

#28 Jan 30, 2014
Peter Shumlin just announced the need for a higher minimum wage.
When my kid asked a neighbor for a job, she told him that he could have a job for three years and then he would be let go. Her reasoning was that he was young and bright and needed to work hard to advance himself. She said that she won't employ any teen that she likes after they graduate from high school. I believe that she understands the intent of a starting wage.
Lost in VT

Portland, ME

#29 Jan 31, 2014
Has the goal become that Vermonters live a. Subsistence living employed by historically starting wage service industry jobs? Have we finally become the "national park" that my mother predicted we we would? As our President and Governor build their ladder to middle classdom, all I can say is misery loves company, so come on up that ladder.
I Know More Than You

Bennington, VT

#30 Jan 31, 2014
Just like single payer, Shumlin believes that any program that makes it harder to do business in Vermont will ultimately attract businesses to come here.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#31 Jan 31, 2014
I Know More Than You wrote:
Just like single payer, Shumlin believes that any program that makes it harder to do business in Vermont will ultimately attract businesses to come here.
The goal is to bring in more tax revenue and lower the government assistance going out. Raise the minimum wage and starve out anyone else who can't afford to live here.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#32 Feb 1, 2014
Yea, shit jobs for those that can endure.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#33 Feb 1, 2014
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Yea, shit jobs for those that can endure.
The Springfield state office building was looking for a janitor,$10 an hour so it show what liberals are really like when it comes to sharing the wealth. How many schools pay good wages to janitors and lunch cooks and servers ? Management makes 5 to 10 times as much and liberals point the finger at the CEO's while being just as guilt of high wages for themselves and low wages for the bottom feeders employed by government. More for me, less for you mentality.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#34 Feb 2, 2014
They use to be great state jobs with benefits...now they are contracted out...

99% of the USA government is the college educated....that is why government don't serve us!
macsimonds

Montpelier, VT

#35 Nov 15, 2015
sustainable = the ability to maintain use of resources over a lifetime.

Subsistance living= to live off of your own footprint or your immediate neighbors , without assistance from a federal government entity, possibly a local state or town government but limited .

This is how I define these terms, if we own them and practice them , who care's how the politicians define them.
Poor Vermonter

Williston, VT

#37 Jan 3, 2016
OK so since when is it wrong to defend your self, your family, and our land and write to knock down those who do so. Mike I wonder what you will do on that fateful day that it is your turn in front of some drugged out criminal looking for a fix or god forbid someone walk into a restaurant where you are dinning and cuts loose. You probably one of those ignorant masses who actually believe that if it is illegal to buy a gun it will stop someone that is prepared to commit cold blooded murder. I am not sure I haven't seen every news cast but I don't remember there being any guns in the Boston marathon massacre.
Alex -Infowars Dot Com

United States

#38 Jan 4, 2016
Poor Vermonter wrote:
OK so since when is it wrong to defend your self, your family, and our land and write to knock down those who do so. Mike I wonder what you will do on that fateful day that it is your turn in front of some drugged out criminal looking for a fix or god forbid someone walk into a restaurant where you are dinning and cuts loose. You probably one of those ignorant masses who actually believe that if it is illegal to buy a gun it will stop someone that is prepared to commit cold blooded murder. I am not sure I haven't seen every news cast but I don't remember there being any guns in the Boston marathon massacre.
"You probably one of those ignorant masses..."
-just call em 'sheeple'. You're speaking too much common sense to them dude, it sends them into Cognitive Dissonance discombobulation mode
BTW mikey hasn't been here in a year since his wife (and mental health caretaker) took the internet away from him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get on the bandwagon while there is still time! (Jan '16) May 24 Morgan 8
News Local man convicted of sexual abuse of his daug... (Dec '08) May 15 Miles D Wynn 35
News Jude Fitzgerald faces charges Apr 30 Sherrif fife 4
News Mother, two daughters, die in Wardsboro (Apr '08) Apr '17 kjc10 20
News Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Mar '17 DEPUTY DOG 34
News Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust (Oct '14) Mar '17 DEPUTY DOG 19
Did Anyone Get Kilt In Your Flood (Aug '11) Mar '17 Redneck 6

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages