60% Entitlements or $2000 New Taxes
hanging with the big guy

South Burlington, VT

#42 Dec 6, 2012
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you aren't too smart either.
Don't worry though, FoxNewsIdiot can push your broom.
Why should I work a full time job and a part time job when the government is set to penalize me for doing so? Perhaps someone like you would like my part time job instead of collecting entitlements? It pays ten dollars an hour but you must be willing to clean up bodily fluids.
Left wing science

Bennington, VT

#43 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
I see you aren't too smart either.
Don't worry though, FoxNewsIdiot can push your broom.
Everyone, like you, who voted for Obama voted for gridlock and a trip off the fiscal cliff. Congratulations Obama voters. You are going to get what you voted for. Obama is not smart enough to lead this country.

If Romney had been elected the deal with the democrats would have been made by now.
I Know More Than You

New Boston, NH

#44 Dec 6, 2012
Right Wing Idiot wrote:
Everyone, like you, who voted for Obama voted for gridlock and a trip off the fiscal cliff. Congratulations Obama voters. You are going to get what you voted for. Obama is not smart enough to lead this country.
If Romney had been elected the deal with the democrats would have been made by now.
"Occupy Reality" my ass.

You lost, get over it crybaby.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#45 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
"Occupy Reality" my ass.
You lost, get over it crybaby.
As I told you before the election it was not a big deal for the republicans even though a bad deal for the US. And that is how it is playing out. You voted to put an incompetent Obama back in office for 4 more years. You have to live with that. I don't. If we had elected Romney the tax deal with the democrats would be already done.

The good news is Obama can't do anything really really bad. Thanks to the republicans. As for going off the fiscal cliff. Obama and I are in agreement. Go off and raise taxes on everyone. The percentage of income tax returns that get back more than they pay in will drop from 47% to 23%. Everyone needs to pay more in taxes.

And sequestration is the only way we will ever get spending reductions.
MARCH IRS SCUM OFF CLIFF

Newton Center, MA

#46 Dec 6, 2012
"Everyone needs to pay more in taxes."
uhm, you're just being like facetious there right?

http://static.infowars.com/2012/12/i/general/...

Obama’s Coronation Will Cost Taxpayers Over $100 Million
http://www.infowars.com/obamas-coronation-wil...

Who hasn't seen the late Arron Russo's great documentary 'America Freedom to Fascism' at youtube yet?

^the truth about the IRS and The Fed etc.
Left wing science

Bennington, VT

#49 Dec 7, 2012
MARCH IRS SCUM OFF CLIFF wrote:
"Everyone needs to pay more in taxes."
uhm, you're just being like facetious there right?
http://static.infowars.com/2012/12/i/general/...
Obama’s Coronation Will Cost Taxpayers Over $100 Million
http://www.infowars.com/obamas-coronation-wil...
Who hasn't seen the late Arron Russo's great documentary 'America Freedom to Fascism' at youtube yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =C2Bu9vrN6zYXX
^the truth about the IRS and The Fed etc.
Everyone needs to have skin in the game. Right now 25% of the federal income taxpayers pay 90% of the income taxes paid. That upside down pyramid leaves a whole lot of people oblivious to the fact we are spending too much. If someone isn't paying taxes why do they care that we are spending too much? If they are only talking about raising taxes on the "rich" and you aren't "rich" why would you object?
joe

Chester, VT

#50 Dec 7, 2012
Left wing science wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone needs to have skin in the game. Right now 25% of the federal income taxpayers pay 90% of the income taxes paid. That upside down pyramid leaves a whole lot of people oblivious to the fact we are spending too much. If someone isn't paying taxes why do they care that we are spending too much? If they are only talking about raising taxes on the "rich" and you aren't "rich" why would you object?
when the 25% play the other 75% off against third world labor the end result is tons of people make too little to pay taxes so stop whining and pay most of the taxes and cheer on low prices and cheap help in wal-mart nation while babbling THOSE people need to get an education.
Left wing science

Bennington, VT

#51 Dec 7, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
when the 25% play the other 75% off against third world labor the end result is tons of people make too little to pay taxes so stop whining and pay most of the taxes and cheer on low prices and cheap help in wal-mart nation while babbling THOSE people need to get an education.
We have to complain a little or even a lot since the upside down pyramid will get so top heavy it will topple over and crush you too.

Besides with all those low Walmart prices everyone can afford a little tax. I feel bad about people having to give up their latte's and data packages for their iphones but everyone lives here and everyone should contribute to supporting our nation. If they can't afford taxes at least they can get a part time job and reduce the amount they get on their ebt cards.
joe

Chester, VT

#52 Dec 7, 2012
Left wing science wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to complain a little or even a lot since the upside down pyramid will get so top heavy it will topple over and crush you too.
Besides with all those low Walmart prices everyone can afford a little tax. I feel bad about people having to give up their latte's and data packages for their iphones but everyone lives here and everyone should contribute to supporting our nation. If they can't afford taxes at least they can get a part time job and reduce the amount they get on their ebt cards.
The gub'ment should tax them there poor folks like low income people with children and old geezers with next to nothing for income, damn deadbeats.

"Get a part time job"

great idea, flood the labor force with millions of more people begging for part time jobs so the labor racketeers can replace full time workers who get benefits with a couple of part timers with no benefits.

there is 100 million working full time
50 million part time

we could turn most of those full time jobs into part time jobs and almost everyone can be low income working part time.Except the mooches feeding off government jobs, the rest of the labor force can be part time. Just do the math, get the 1/3rd of the working age adults who aren't in the work force to take part time jobs and create them by turning millions of full time jobs into part time jobs.

Simple math always counters emotional hysteria.

225 million working age adults and people are working X number of hours, lets make things fair and divided all the available work up evenly and everyone does some and everyone can try and live on 20 to 25 hours of work a week and pay their fair share of taxes.
NWO Planned By Banksters

United States

#53 Dec 7, 2012
From Good Jobs To Bad Jobs To No Jobs – The Tragic Downfall Of The American Worker
http://www.infowars.com/from-good-jobs-to-bad...

Show This To Anyone That Believes That Taxes Are Too Low
http://www.infowars.com/show-this-to-anyone-t...

Condemnation for Korean Pop Star, But None for Pentagon’s Killing Machine
http://www.infowars.com/condemnation-for-kore...
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#54 Dec 8, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The gub'ment should tax them there poor folks like low income people with children and old geezers with next to nothing for income, damn deadbeats.
"Get a part time job"
great idea, flood the labor force with millions of more people begging for part time jobs so the labor racketeers can replace full time workers who get benefits with a couple of part timers with no benefits.
there is 100 million working full time
50 million part time
we could turn most of those full time jobs into part time jobs and almost everyone can be low income working part time.Except the mooches feeding off government jobs, the rest of the labor force can be part time. Just do the math, get the 1/3rd of the working age adults who aren't in the work force to take part time jobs and create them by turning millions of full time jobs into part time jobs.
Simple math always counters emotional hysteria.
225 million working age adults and people are working X number of hours, lets make things fair and divided all the available work up evenly and everyone does some and everyone can try and live on 20 to 25 hours of work a week and pay their fair share of taxes.
Your post is what happens when someone doesn't understand what is actually happening in the work world. There are millions of jobs left unfilled in this country and thousands of jobs right here in Vermont. I work. I am in contact with people in all sorts of businesses on a daily basis who would hire if they could find people who want to work. The problem is finding people who don't call in sick Monday of their second week on the job.

A woman with two children can get as much in benefits as a person earning $57k/yr before taxes. So she doesn't work and with what she gets she can support herself, her two children and a man who also doesn't work.

If you don't have a job Joe I can tell you where to go to get one on Monday. And you can take ten of your friends and they will all get jobs too. On Monday. In Vermont.
joe

Chester, VT

#55 Dec 8, 2012
OccupyReality wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is what happens when someone doesn't understand what is actually happening in the work world. There are millions of jobs left unfilled in this country and thousands of jobs right here in Vermont. I work. I am in contact with people in all sorts of businesses on a daily basis who would hire if they could find people who want to work. The problem is finding people who don't call in sick Monday of their second week on the job.
A woman with two children can get as much in benefits as a person earning $57k/yr before taxes. So she doesn't work and with what she gets she can support herself, her two children and a man who also doesn't work.
If you don't have a job Joe I can tell you where to go to get one on Monday. And you can take ten of your friends and they will all get jobs too. On Monday. In Vermont.
If your talking points where reality good people willing to work would be job hoping to bigger paychecks and employers would be willing to pay to get good help. The labor racketeers cry they can't find good help they can whore out cheap so they can get the work from customers.

The help wanted ads aren't full of jobs that pay good money, so no labor shortage, if there was one the wages would be a lot higher to attract good help. Lots of people out there putting in a good days work and they aren't getting paid much for it. Lots of spoiled and cheap employers crying they can't find skilled labor, but too cheap to train people.

If the demand was really there customers would be willing to pay the price for goods and services and employers would have no trouble jacking up the prices to recover the higher costs of labor and in some cases for training labor.

Cheap places bottom fishing the labor pool because they can't afford to pay a decent wage get what they pay for, people who are Jerry Springer specials. They have no pricing power in the market place to pay higher wages so the only way they can stay in business is to put up with crap labor.

http://www.state.vt.us/tax/pdf.word.excel/sta...

last page is under 65
why wouldn't all those low income people get better paying jobs, they are working so it's evident there is tons of people willing to work and tons of places that don't want to pay or can't afford to pay more so your whole labor shortage myth doesn't hold water.

Looking up actual numbers always blows away emotional hysteria and talking points.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#56 Dec 8, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
If your talking points where reality good people willing to work would be job hoping to bigger paychecks and employers would be willing to pay to get good help. The labor racketeers cry they can't find good help they can whore out cheap so they can get the work from customers.
The help wanted ads aren't full of jobs that pay good money, so no labor shortage, if there was one the wages would be a lot higher to attract good help. Lots of people out there putting in a good days work and they aren't getting paid much for it. Lots of spoiled and cheap employers crying they can't find skilled labor, but too cheap to train people.
If the demand was really there customers would be willing to pay the price for goods and services and employers would have no trouble jacking up the prices to recover the higher costs of labor and in some cases for training labor.
Cheap places bottom fishing the labor pool because they can't afford to pay a decent wage get what they pay for, people who are Jerry Springer specials. They have no pricing power in the market place to pay higher wages so the only way they can stay in business is to put up with crap labor.
http://www.state.vt.us/tax/pdf.word.excel/sta...
last page is under 65
why wouldn't all those low income people get better paying jobs, they are working so it's evident there is tons of people willing to work and tons of places that don't want to pay or can't afford to pay more so your whole labor shortage myth doesn't hold water.
Looking up actual numbers always blows away emotional hysteria and talking points.
Not talking points. Reality. I think your post demonstrates a lot of what I see in people. Instead of taking a job at whatever pay and then continuing to work or demonstrating to their employer that they are worth getting paid more, they refuse to take any job and continue to whine about the job market.

Fact of the matter is here in Vermont we have gotten rid of all the jobs which pay a lot of money for little work. The only jobs that pay here require hard work or they are fairly easy jobs so to get what you need you have to get a second job. There is the option of going somewhere else. And there is also the option of not smoking cigarettes, dropping the iphone charge, not eating out, not buying coffee every morning on the way to work, taking the cheapest tv package that has no movie channels, packing your lunch and surviving on what you make. The easy high paying jobs in Vermont are gone for good. Now we have to live like our parents did in the 50s and 60s.
joe

Chester, VT

#57 Dec 8, 2012
OccupyReality wrote:
<quoted text>
Not talking points. Reality. I think your post demonstrates a lot of what I see in people. Instead of taking a job at whatever pay and then continuing to work or demonstrating to their employer that they are worth getting paid more, they refuse to take any job and continue to whine about the job market.
The old good work ethic nonsense no longer works on people. Reality is the labor racketeers could care less if somebody quits, they will exploit them for chump change as long as they can and when they get feed up and quit there is always another starving peasant to take their place.

Good places to work don't have a problem getting good help. Crummy places can't keep help and only bottom feeders will apply at places like that. Evidently you are in a crummy industry and nobody with an ounce of self respect will let the yuppie scum McManagers dump on them for what the jobs pay.

I've run across some narcissist boomer mcmanagers with no respect for help and they get what they deserve.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#58 Dec 8, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The old good work ethic nonsense no longer works on people. Reality is the labor racketeers could care less if somebody quits, they will exploit them for chump change as long as they can and when they get feed up and quit there is always another starving peasant to take their place.
Good places to work don't have a problem getting good help. Crummy places can't keep help and only bottom feeders will apply at places like that. Evidently you are in a crummy industry and nobody with an ounce of self respect will let the yuppie scum McManagers dump on them for what the jobs pay.
I've run across some narcissist boomer mcmanagers with no respect for help and they get what they deserve.
The "old work ethic nonsense" had better work because it is all we have. It will either work voluntarily or it will work after the fall. But it will in fact work. Go ahead and keep feeling sorry for yourself. That is all you really want to do anyway. I've been reading your posts for a year. The sad truth is that you are mistaken. But you have to figure that out for yourself.
joe

Chester, VT

#59 Dec 9, 2012
OccupyReality wrote:
<quoted text>
The "old work ethic nonsense" had better work because it is all we have. It will either work voluntarily or it will work after the fall. But it will in fact work. Go ahead and keep feeling sorry for yourself. That is all you really want to do anyway. I've been reading your posts for a year. The sad truth is that you are mistaken. But you have to figure that out for yourself.
slamming some stranger on the internet isn't going to change the situation. Reality is people won't let themselves be exploited by labor racketeers and believe busting their butts will be rewarded.

Even recent college graduates quickly figure out when a job is never going to pay off and move on real quick. The labor racketeers babble the kids are lazy and don't want to work and they can't find any good help.

Arrogent narcissist yuppie scum boomers are either greedy nutcase slave masters who think people should be happy killing themselves to them rich and they are doing somebody a big favor by hiring them or running such low profit businesses the only way they can keep the doors open is if they have cheap labor that will bust their butts for chump change.

It's entertaining to see places close up and lay people off daily while tons of feed up workers just drop out of the labor force and yuppies cry they can't find any good slaves and their customer base shrinks as people drop out of the ME Generation scam economy.

People are tired of being exploited for cheap labor only to be targets of parasites so they fly below the radar and slum it and exploit the system instead of being exploited by the system.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#60 Dec 9, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
slamming some stranger on the internet isn't going to change the situation. Reality is people won't let themselves be exploited by labor racketeers and believe busting their butts will be rewarded.
Even recent college graduates quickly figure out when a job is never going to pay off and move on real quick. The labor racketeers babble the kids are lazy and don't want to work and they can't find any good help.
Arrogent narcissist yuppie scum boomers are either greedy nutcase slave masters who think people should be happy killing themselves to them rich and they are doing somebody a big favor by hiring them or running such low profit businesses the only way they can keep the doors open is if they have cheap labor that will bust their butts for chump change.
It's entertaining to see places close up and lay people off daily while tons of feed up workers just drop out of the labor force and yuppies cry they can't find any good slaves and their customer base shrinks as people drop out of the ME Generation scam economy.
People are tired of being exploited for cheap labor only to be targets of parasites so they fly below the radar and slum it and exploit the system instead of being exploited by the system.
Talk about slamming. You are slamming everyone. What is your plan Joe? Replace one set of greedy power mongers with another set of heartless greedy power mongers? Only the second group will be liberals and leftists who have proven themselves to be the most blood thirsty killers in the history of the world.

Is it a better idea to let the low profit business close or try to hire low wage employees so it can stay open?
joe

Chester, VT

#61 Dec 9, 2012
OccupyReality wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about slamming. You are slamming everyone. What is your plan Joe? Replace one set of greedy power mongers with another set of heartless greedy power mongers? Only the second group will be liberals and leftists who have proven themselves to be the most blood thirsty killers in the history of the world.
Is it a better idea to let the low profit business close or try to hire low wage employees so it can stay open?
So the only options are being a groupie of cult A or cult B ?
That is why the convesation goes nowhere in this country. It's either 100% left or 100% right.

in comment number 50 I pointed out playing the 75% off against third world labor gave us the current situation and you see the only option as ok lets exploit the staving masses and they should be so greatful they got a crappy job and be happy to bust their butts for chump change and the only other option is to cheer on the welfare state and FREE stuff for lazy bums.

option A is like a third world country
option B is like a socialist country

America used to be middle of the road before the cult members took over. Set government policy so both labor and business owners get a fair deal. That isn't going to happen as long as labor is being played off against third world labor.

Cheap stuff and cheap labor has created the giant under class which has created the giant nanny state to baby sit them and the giant criminal justice industry trying to police them and we try to fix the problem throwing tons of money at education. Doing all that make American goods even more uncompetative in the global market place as people demand higher and higher wages to pay more taxes.

12 years ago state and local tax revenue was $1.5 trillion
last year $2.5 trillion
so every year we pay another $1 trilion in state and local taxes

it's really entertaining watching spoiled old people have a fit their scam economy is falling apart. They cooked up a plan without trying to try an enslave the younger people to fund a lavish retirement for themselves and now see it's not going to happen so they are having a tantrum.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#62 Dec 9, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
So the only options are being a groupie of cult A or cult B ?
That is why the convesation goes nowhere in this country. It's either 100% left or 100% right.
in comment number 50 I pointed out playing the 75% off against third world labor gave us the current situation and you see the only option as ok lets exploit the staving masses and they should be so greatful they got a crappy job and be happy to bust their butts for chump change and the only other option is to cheer on the welfare state and FREE stuff for lazy bums.
option A is like a third world country
option B is like a socialist country
America used to be middle of the road before the cult members took over. Set government policy so both labor and business owners get a fair deal. That isn't going to happen as long as labor is being played off against third world labor.
Cheap stuff and cheap labor has created the giant under class which has created the giant nanny state to baby sit them and the giant criminal justice industry trying to police them and we try to fix the problem throwing tons of money at education. Doing all that make American goods even more uncompetative in the global market place as people demand higher and higher wages to pay more taxes.
12 years ago state and local tax revenue was $1.5 trillion
last year $2.5 trillion
so every year we pay another $1 trilion in state and local taxes
it's really entertaining watching spoiled old people have a fit their scam economy is falling apart. They cooked up a plan without trying to try an enslave the younger people to fund a lavish retirement for themselves and now see it's not going to happen so they are having a tantrum.
Who are these "spoiled old people". I haven't met any. Who is having a tantrum besides the OWS crowd? Name some names. The only spoiled people I know are young people and liberals.
I Know More Than You

New Boston, NH

#63 Dec 9, 2012
No Concept of Reality wrote:
Who is having a tantrum besides the OWS crowd?
Here are some pretty awesome tantrums:

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-unhin...

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/11/08/...

I've bottled enough right wing tears to last me a lifetime :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Fri Chika 9
Evangelicals are shameless hypocrites Nov 18 Prison4 Billary a... 3
Vermonts new economy (Jun '14) Nov '16 Long Island Liberal 219
News Hidden $50,000 results in $3,000 fine Oct '16 Immigration-is-NO... 1
The God Delusion Oct '16 Community Disorga... 6
Get on the bandwagon while there is still time! (Jan '16) Oct '16 Tanya 4
Marble is still missing, and a year of silence? (Apr '16) Oct '16 Tanya 8

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance