Comments
1 - 20 of 75 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
field goal kicker

South Burlington, VT

#1 Nov 28, 2012
60% is the percentage that our Federal budget currently allocates towards entitlement programs. $2000 is the average tax increase that the middle class will pay if we don't cut back on entitlements. This is basically the argument being heard before Congress today.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Nov 28, 2012
The issues isn't entitlements or high taxes....it is deep insufficient income to the bottom half.
Occupy Reality

Bennington, VT

#3 Nov 28, 2012
Mike Mulligan wrote:
The issues isn't entitlements or high taxes....it is deep insufficient income to the bottom half.
Mike that is bull. If the bottom half lived within their means like our parents did they would all be rich. To be in the top 1% in the world in annual income you only have to earn $35k/yr. To be in the top 50% you only need to earn $5000/yr. You think that the billions of truly poor feel sorry for anyone in the United States? Not on your life. What we do have an over abundance of in the US is ingratitude.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Nov 28, 2012
You just hate the poor and middle class...you think they are your enemies...that is why you got your butt kicked twice in the last two elections.

They reason why the world is so poor is they don't got a constitution like ours and there country people don't have faith in their leadership.

OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Mike Mulligan wrote:
You just hate the poor and middle class...you think they are your enemies...that is why you got your butt kicked twice in the last two elections.
They reason why the world is so poor is they don't got a constitution like ours and there country people don't have faith in their leadership.
I don't hate them Mike. They are just like you. They need a job. And you need a job.

Our people don't have faith in parts of our government because we are educated enough to see the problems with an unchecked government. If you have unequivocal faith in our government then you have forgotten what you learned in school.
Giz me dat stuff

Florham Park, NJ

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Mike Mulligan and a job; bite your tongue! Why work when the gubamint will give it to you for Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
field goal kicker

South Burlington, VT

#7 Nov 29, 2012
If we continue down this path, anyone earning up to $50,000 a year would be better off to quit their job and start collecting from the government. Can we really blame someone who is acting in their personal best interest; its survival instinct & it's why Obama was elected (as Romney not so eloquently pointed out during the campaign).
I Know More Than You

Goffstown, NH

#8 Nov 29, 2012
field goal licker wrote:
as Romney not so eloquently pointed out during the campaign).
Good one, it made me laugh!
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#9 Nov 29, 2012
field goal kicker wrote:
If we continue down this path, anyone earning up to $50,000 a year would be better off to quit their job and start collecting from the government. Can we really blame someone who is acting in their personal best interest; its survival instinct & it's why Obama was elected (as Romney not so eloquently pointed out during the campaign).
The analysis I saw said a single woman with two minor children and a job earning $45000/yr would be better off to quit. She would have more disposable income (benefits) if she did. This is who voted for Obama.
Occupy Reality

Bennington, VT

#11 Nov 30, 2012
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, it made me laugh!
You are incapable of laughing. Angry liberal atheist elitists like you don't laugh. You sneer.
ILLUMINATIsneer Ewe WTFU

Newton Center, MA

#12 Dec 1, 2012
joe

Chester, VT

#13 Dec 2, 2012
$1.5 trillon budget defict divided by 150 millon workers is $10,000 per worker.

I live in a country full of people who are financially illiterte and they can't do simple grade school math.

A bunch of emotionla basket cases throwing tantrums like spoiled little brats is all the so called adults in this country amount to.

Tea Party temper tantrums

occupy wall street Tear Parties.

wisconsin teacher tantrums

It's really hysterical to see adults believe in fairy tales like there is some social security trust fund. What simple minded morons.
Not elite

Bellows Falls, VT

#14 Dec 2, 2012
Its wonderful to see somebody accuse folks of being "morons" and illiterate (well:'illiterte' in this case) and have it backed up with this type of highly educated language!

"trillon", "defict", "millon", "illiterte", "emotionla" and etc! Thanks for the chuckles.
joe

Chester, VT

#15 Dec 3, 2012
Not elite wrote:
Its wonderful to see somebody accuse folks of being "morons" and illiterate (well:'illiterte' in this case) and have it backed up with this type of highly educated language!
"trillon", "defict", "millon", "illiterte", "emotionla" and etc! Thanks for the chuckles.
letters are missing in most of them because this crummy website is full of bugs

evidently the math involved is an abstraction to you because you had no comment on it.

reality
government spending at all levels of government(fed,state & local) is over $20,000 per citizens and over $40,000 per worker.

americans live in a fantasy world to think so many can own Mcmansions, drive luxury cars and have vacation homes and everything else without actually working and producing much of anything.
Carletons Prize

Greenfield, NH

#16 Dec 3, 2012
joe wrote:
$1.5 trillon budget defict divided by 150 millon workers is $10,000 per worker.
I live in a country full of people who are financially illiterte and they can't do simple grade school math.
A bunch of emotionla basket cases throwing tantrums like spoiled little brats is all the so called adults in this country amount to.
Tea Party temper tantrums
occupy wall street Tear Parties.
wisconsin teacher tantrums
It's really hysterical to see adults believe in fairy tales like there is some social security trust fund. What simple minded morons.
So if we pay the Democrats $10,000 will we still have to pay taxes? I think they should offer that as an option.
I Know More Than You

Goffstown, NH

#17 Dec 3, 2012
joe is a moron wrote:
letters are missing in most of them because this crummy website is full of bugs
Worst. Excuse. Ever.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#18 Dec 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Worst. Excuse. Ever.
As stupid as your other posts. Sneer.
I Know More Than You

Goffstown, NH

#19 Dec 3, 2012
No Concept of Reality wrote:
As stupid as your other posts. Sneer.
Why aren't you "scientifically" proving that atheism is a religion?

Too stupid?

Too lazy?
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

#20 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Why aren't you "scientifically" proving that atheism is a religion?
Too stupid?
Too lazy?
The post above provided the definition that showed atheism is a religion. I agree with that post. Let's hear why you disagree.
Prove Atheists Exist

United States

#21 Dec 4, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mulligan Sighting at Walmart 3 hr Ann Coulter -Rads... 5
marble ace arvidson 14 hr victoria marshall 1
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) Fri VigilantCitizen d... 395
Brattleboro officials prepare for 'Pay-As-You-T... Fri ENEnews dot Com 2
God is coming SOON! (Apr '07) Fri Revival in Vermont 128
Survey: Vermont homeless population increases b... Thu End Normalcy Bias 10
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) Aug 26 do it live 1,203
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) Aug 26 reason 490
•••

Brattleboro News Video