Ann Manwaring and the Myth of Government

Ann Manwaring and the Myth of Government

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

Frankly

Bennington, VT

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Please read the linked article. It demonstrates the common myth that politicians have that somehow government is the answer to everything. What the democrats in Montpelier this year have proposed is going to hit the middle class and working poor with new taxes and expenses. All in a crazy promotion of the myth that they are "investing" in our economy.

http://www.reformer.com/localeditorials/ci_22...

As one very prominent local business owner said. "They are out of their f'in minds".
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Teabagger government haters!
Frankly

Bennington, VT

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Teabagger government haters!
So Mike you agree that we should raise the taxes mentioned in the article?$.50 on soda?$.07 on gas. etc. etc. These taxes are regressive and hit the working poor the hardest. And for what? Universal pre school when Vermont already has the highest high school graduation rates in the country?
TaxSheeple LikeMikey More

Danvers, MA

#4 Apr 4, 2013
no one should drink soda, with the diabetes causing HFCS OR the aspartame-it's bad or ewe
Tax cigs to the hilt too, and new vehicles that are gas guzzlers, and of course nuclear fuel, both new rods and spent ones stored in Vernon
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#5 Apr 4, 2013
We'd be in the land of milk and honey, if we taxed the corporation and the rich like the 1970s and minium wage was $20 per hour...

The government haters are the guys who want all incomes at minimum wages...
Frankly

Bennington, VT

#6 Apr 5, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
We'd be in the land of milk and honey, if we taxed the corporation and the rich like the 1970s and minium wage was $20 per hour...
The government haters are the guys who want all incomes at minimum wages...
Mike, the minimum wage in constant (equivalent) dollars is only $.30 less than in 1983. As for the tax rates comparison, when rates were cut so were deductions so that as of today the top ten percent are paying 70% of all the federal income taxes. The top 25% are paying 90% of the income taxes. The highest percentages in history. Instead of criticizing them you should be thanking them for paying your share.
Frankly

Bennington, VT

#7 Apr 5, 2013
TaxSheeple LikeMikey More wrote:
no one should drink soda, with the diabetes causing HFCS OR the aspartame-it's bad or ewe
Tax cigs to the hilt too, and new vehicles that are gas guzzlers, and of course nuclear fuel, both new rods and spent ones stored in Vernon
You are right. Mikey is the guy who will be hurt worse than most of us by this panoply of new taxes coming out of government both at the federal and state level. Obama has raised taxes on the working poor more than any president in history. And in the foot steps of Bush who cut them on the working poor more than any president in history.

Mike is probably in favor of the nonsensical taxes that Vermont is going to impose. They constitute a NH economic welfare plan.
NH Shirker-Bee Mike

Bellows Falls, VT

#8 Apr 5, 2013
"working poor"
pppffffffffffffftt
the only thing mikey 'works' at is rding his bike and coming up with more and More retarded things to say here
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#9 Apr 5, 2013
Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, the minimum wage in constant (equivalent) dollars is only $.30 less than in 1983. As for the tax rates comparison, when rates were cut so were deductions so that as of today the top ten percent are paying 70% of all the federal income taxes. The top 25% are paying 90% of the income taxes. The highest percentages in history. Instead of criticizing them you should be thanking them for paying your share.
Knock off that illegal dope!
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Apr 5, 2013
Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Mikey is the guy who will be hurt worse than most of us by this panoply of new taxes coming out of government both at the federal and state level. Obama has raised taxes on the working poor more than any president in history. And in the foot steps of Bush who cut them on the working poor more than any president in history.
Mike is probably in favor of the nonsensical taxes that Vermont is going to impose. They constitute a NH economic welfare plan.
That might be, but Mitt would have been 100 times as worst!
Boredom Patrol

Williston, VT

#11 Apr 5, 2013
"Knock off that illegal dope!"
-Oh it's tempting but there's them damn laws against killin em, yeah even dopey illegal aliens, go figure.
Besides, I think that mikey dink might actually be a citizen
Frankly

Bennington, VT

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be, but Mitt would have been 100 times as worst!
Romney would have improved the economy so that we wouldn't have had to raise taxes to pay for government budget deficits. But don't worry, it is looking good for the republicans and thus the nation for 2014 and 2016.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#13 Apr 5, 2013
Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney would have improved the economy so that we wouldn't have had to raise taxes to pay for government budget deficits. But don't worry, it is looking good for the republicans and thus the nation for 2014 and 2016.
Would it have mattered by now in his adminatration ,if we discovered Mitt had four other wifes and families? One wife was his sister?
Community Disorganizer

Newtown, CT

#14 Apr 6, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it have mattered by now in his adminatration ,if we discovered Mitt had four other wifes and families? One wife was his sister?
Mike, I believe it is time for a better pill organizer.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#15 Apr 6, 2013
Man, you didn't think that was funny. I did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... (Apr '14) 15 hr Radio Flyer 3016 20
News Man charged with inappropriately touching child Apr 7 Anonymous 1
News Former employee suing Mack Molding over alleged... Jan '18 Comrade Sanders 2
News Diversity dialogue to continue in Brattleboro (Aug '17) Dec '17 Comrade Sanders 6
Grout Pond National Forest Area to Become Paid ... (Oct '17) Nov '17 Defiant1 3
News Gentlewolf released on bail (Jun '07) Oct '17 amen 3
Tellman Knudson (Jun '12) Jul '17 Angela Hernandez 51

Brattleboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages