Boogie

Bennington, VT

#1 Jul 10, 2013
Close the deal, spend the money, find out the income can't support the taxes and debt service and file for bankruptcy. The next owner will do all right however. That is the way of development in Vermont.

http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_23629700...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Jul 10, 2013
You mean they are using student tuition to save Brattleboro…basically a negligent landlord with fire safety and brain dead fire department and code enforcement drastically impacted the downtown.

Lucky we got kids to save us…or we can leach off of them…
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Jul 10, 2013
off them...
Yuppers

Morrisville, VT

#4 Jul 10, 2013
Im more concerned about the old Home Depot commercial space still being empty after so many years. I guess they don't qualify for government handouts?
Concern Troll Concerned

Newton Center, MA

#5 Jul 10, 2013
-but ewe don't have to be concerned about the nuke industry since it gets LOTS of govt. handouts (corporate welfare & tax breaks etc.) as do the makers of reactors like GE
Joe

Cuttingsville, VT

#6 Jul 10, 2013
"The group needed to raise about $24 million for the purchase of the building, and for all costs associated with the design and rehabilitation."

The money would be better spent on some new trailer parks to house the homeless. They could add hundreds of trailers.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Jul 10, 2013
You mean poor peoples' golden parachute…
Alex

Newton Center, MA

#9 Jul 10, 2013
so Guvna Shummy will make sure that the college kids there learn about the dangers of nuclear energy & radiation, that's at least one good thing that'll come from it.
I read in that Reformer article that there's going to be science labs inside
Uh-oh
experiments involving FIRE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's Top Ten Lies Last Night/ Clinton's Crim... (Jan '16) Feb 11 Morgan 7
Review: Biologic Integrative Health - Samantha ... (Feb '10) Jan '17 Wtf dr Moore 64
Melissa Barratt's family and friends... (Aug '11) Jan '17 Long Island Liberal 26
News Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Dec '16 MADD 32
Shumlin Gave Up On Single Payer Health Care (Dec '14) Dec '16 Lorette 14
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Dec '16 Long Island Liberal 10
News Hidden $50,000 results in $3,000 fine Oct '16 Immigration-is-NO... 1

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages