First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#1 May 25, 2010
How would you think a new Korean war would play out. They could do a lot of damage to S Korea...but it wouldnít last.

We would own the air above N Korea and of course the ocean.
The major threat in 1953 was China stepping in. Do you think China would step in today...I donít think China is very friendly with N Korea.

Imagine how that would play out if the hard liners in China confronted the USA in Korea.

It would be beyond stupidity if we waited for the militarization towards the boarder of S Korea...we allowed massive artillery and a invasion, then we jumped in. It would cost tens of thousands of S Koreans lives. Do you go preemptive? What would the Obama administration look like if the USA got blamed for 50 thousand S Korean deaths because we waited until N Korean attacked?

I bet you it starts with few long distance artillery shots fired into S Korea.

In 1953 China was mostly isolated from the world...China is extraordinarily connected to the world now. If they start fooling around in Korea with the USA....can you imagine the dire consequences for both China and the USA...and the world.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#2 May 25, 2010
Worst case, N Korea could invade S Korea...hammer the heck out of Seoul. It would last about 6 months or more until we gather a big enough force to repel them.

Think of how the world would respond if N Korea attacked and invaded, got into position for artillery....lots of artillery...then withdrew after a week. Would that change the world or what.

I bet you we would no longer be talking BP and the Gulf well blow out.

Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#3 May 25, 2010
Where does N Korea get their petroleum...bet you China.

Oh man, how would al Qaeda interact with a N Korea invasion.

These idiots...al Qaeda... lights off a group of successful bombs in America...who did it, N Korea or Al Qaeda?

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#4 May 25, 2010
We are heading for nuclear war somewhere in the world. It is a given. Too many nutjobs in positions of power.

Kruschev and his wacko shoe-pounding sane in comparison to fist fights breaking out in foriegn countries on legislative floor, Ahmadinejad threatening US w/a 'surprise' and threatening to wipe Israel off the map...

The problems during Cold War era pale in comparison.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#5 May 25, 2010
Naw, it will be conventional.

What you say, decapitate the top leadership of N Korea, the rest will fold like butter.
The you can begin the process of reunification through the UN?
estanson

Windsor, VT

#6 May 25, 2010
wouldnt that all be a great excuse to boycott chinese products and refuse to repay our loans to china?
I argue that we should take advantage of our military might at this point to stiff China while we still can...

that would crush china and potentially save the usa...

i say pick a fight with them...

S. Londonderry VT

#7 May 25, 2010
Mike Mulligan wrote:
Naw, it will be conventional.
What you say, decapitate the top leadership of N Korea, the rest will fold like butter.
The you can begin the process of reunification through the UN?
It will start out that way but spin out of control and turn nuclear.

My guess-the ME.

'Dear Leader's's boy is bring readied to take over. Lets hope he doesn't get too trigger-happy.

S. Londonderry VT

#8 May 25, 2010
estanson wrote:
wouldnt that all be a great excuse to boycott chinese products and refuse to repay our loans to china?
I argue that we should take advantage of our military might at this point to stiff China while we still can...
that would crush china and potentially save the usa...
i say pick a fight with them...
As Rahmbo says,"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before".

Don't forget, he's an 'Obama whisperer'.

Pick a fight? We've been trying, however I think they see the same thing you do...and not taking the bait.

They have repeatedly warned us about Taiwan.

Funny, they gently 'questioned' Obamacare's 'costs'.

The 'currency' adjustment snafu, interesting.

China agrees to 'sanctions' re Iran.

If China calls in their markers, watch how fast US makes a gesture (they have a number of choices), steps up the language & conjures a 'crisis', and I'm sure they are well aware of all this.

This is partly why all's quietish on the eastern front while bratty bully N.Korea pulls their stunts and Seoul sniffles to the UN.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#9 May 25, 2010
Would not that be feather in Obamaís hat...he decapitated, or some other means, the N Korean leadership leading to the one Korea.
jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#10 May 25, 2010
With this word warrior in office South Korea is doomed if any thin starts.Unless we hit them with preemptive small nuclear attacks at all military targets all over north Korea along with staging points along the DMZ stopping a massive artillery barrage an massive troop advancement on the south."Kill ill" and family destroyed to a crisp in there hide outs, then the gov might topple.Do it so fast that China will have to stop and think! If this doesn't come to a conflict the only thing is ALL Americans stop buying ANY THING MADE IN CHINA. Six months of that China might put the pressure on "kill IL"
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#11 May 25, 2010
So you are of the opinion that the status quo carries no risk...no big risk!!!

Seems you bias is donít rock the boat.
jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#12 May 25, 2010
This shows what happens when you vote weaklings or pessimist into office what ever you call them I call them cowards.It started with Truman not listening and firing Douglas MCarthur.Now you can see what 56 yrs of the useless UN with its negotiations bribery sanctions has got us.We pay most of the UN freight and they veto our every move.2 Kennedy backing out on the bay of pigs invasion leaving Castro to spread communism and dictator ships all over Latin America.3 Johnson & Nixon for listening to the useless UN and the pacifist along not stopping Hanoi Jane from going over there when we had the VC on there knees. 3 Carter when the hostages were taken he had the opportunity to make a regime change in Iran then and once and for all , Would not be the problem today. 4 Clinton to busy chasing Lynskey around and worrying about world opinion to take out Ben Laden when the CIA had him in there sights 3 times.That's why a president should have military experience.Take the idiots at their word and remember they don't care about world opinions We may have to be brought to knees to become a together nation again.You cant destroy an enemy with words!
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#13 May 25, 2010
And I canít defend the gutless democrats... didnít Nixon and Ford run away from Vietnam?

And Bush knew post election that Bin Laden was he was threatening war agisnt America..

Anyways it is more fun looking ahead than blaming the past.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#14 May 25, 2010
So who is saying China is egging on N Korea into having a dust up with S Korea and the USA?

And Bush knew post election that Bin Laden was threatening war agaisnt America..
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#15 May 25, 2010
I hope N Korea doesnít take out one of our capital navy ships, a lucky shot...those small diesel subs are dangerous under certain situations. 4556
jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#16 May 25, 2010
Mike Mulligan wrote:
And I canít defend the gutless democrats... didnít Nixon and Ford run away from Vietnam?
And Bush knew post election that Bin Laden was he was threatening war agisnt America..
Anyways it is more fun looking ahead than blaming the past.
Sorry I forgot Ford another obuma.If we don't stand now. Let China an the puppet know that's we have had enough.It will get worse on all fronts.History repeats its self.Iran is next. I think China might not wont a war with us as it could destroy there economy.
jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#17 May 25, 2010
Mike Mulligan wrote:
I hope N Korea doesnít take out one of our capital navy ships, a lucky shot...those small diesel subs are dangerous under certain situations. 4556
Who was president when they captured the Pueblo? The reason now let out by the state dept, was capture and confirm information they had already obtained from spies.

S. Londonderry VT

#18 May 25, 2010
China kills more prisoners than the world-combined. They would just furlough them into battle.

Whole Christian families are gassed, according to dissidents. I am unsure if these are among the 'prisoners.

They would merely send them to the front lines...
I Vote Vermont

Jaffrey, NH

#19 May 25, 2010
My feeling is that China is not against us. I would neither label them friend nor foe, simply trading partners. We are economically entwined and all is good as long as one 'ship' or the other doesn't sink.
International Metrics

Westland, MI

#20 May 25, 2010
I Vote Vermont wrote:
We are economically entwined
"Entwined", is that a nice way to say we have an absolutely massive, MASSIVE trade deficit with them? They are the bank, and we are the borrowers who constantly bounce our checks ... and then waddle up to the counter, red faced and self righteous and demand even more credit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does It Take To Get the Brattleboro Reform... Thu Kay 1
Review: Biologic Integrative Health - Samantha ... (Feb '10) Jun 9 Amy 65
Quick Loan Jun 4 housingfinance 1
News Autopsy results pending: Police ID troopers in ... (Dec '07) May 30 superkim_89 4
News Police roundup (Aug '09) May 29 Ripflatlander 5
Get on the bandwagon while there is still time! (Jan '16) May 24 Morgan 8
News Local man convicted of sexual abuse of his daug... (Dec '08) May '17 Miles D Wynn 35

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages