“There’s a guy out there named Arnold Gundersen"

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

6

5

5

“There’s a guy out there named Arnold Gundersen,” Limbaugh growled to listeners last Thursday."

March 21st, 2011
Legend of the Gundersens, Talk-Radio Edition: Rush Limbaugh, Once Hailed As “Big Fat Idiot,” Still Pretty Much All Three (Now With Hot Vernon Vigil Update!)
by Philip Baruth

Got a call from PRI (Public Radio International) the other day, a show called “Living On Earth,” a particular VDB favorite. The reporter wanted to know if it was a good time to ask an important question about Vermont Yankee. Then came the sound of papers rustling, and the reporter asked solemnly,“Do you have Arnie Gundersen’s email address?” And that, of course, was the question.
http://vermontdailybriefing.com/...
The Brattleboro Informer

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Yes there’s a guy out there named Arnold Gundersen, but unfortunately he's busy right now counting his money and rehearsing his next anti-nuke rant.
mike mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

least somebody is making money...
Duncan McFarlane

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 2, 2011
 

Judged:

7

6

5

Arnold Gundersen has decades of experience in the nuclear industry as senior vice President of a nuclear energy company, followed by his current job as a consultant. No doubt you've much more experience and knowledge than him and more contacts in the industry and among scientists Mr Informer?

And i suppose nuclear power companies have no profit motive to play down the risks of their reactors, because it couldn't possibly make them money to make and run them cheaply rather than safely?

Since: Mar 10

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 2, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Duncan McFarlane wrote:
Arnold Gundersen has decades of experience in the nuclear industry as senior vice President of a nuclear energy company, followed by his current job as a consultant. No doubt you've much more experience and knowledge than him and more contacts in the industry and among scientists Mr Informer?
And i suppose nuclear power companies have no profit motive to play down the risks of their reactors, because it couldn't possibly make them money to make and run them cheaply rather than safely?
Arnie does have one thing on most of us (sorry mike), He was fired from the nuclear industry... go get em arnie!! What would you like for me to tell the public today for $300? How are those iodine pills treating you arnie, that you said you were taking?

Hot particles in Wa state we are breathing in, oh too small to detect and thus harmless...Odd, he was the only one "reporting" the "find"! lol yes he has a lot of experience and knowledge in the nuclear field, so does the NRC...anti's refuse to believe the NRC and we refuse to believe Arnie Gundersen. Facts will come out to withstand scrutiny no matter what side is saying them. Let the facts speak for themselves.
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 2, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Whoa, what was that, I was that taking a nap...
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 2, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Whoa, what was that, I was just taking a nap...

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 8, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Mr Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Arnie does have one thing on most of us (sorry mike), He was fired from the nuclear industry... go get em arnie!! What would you like for me to tell the public today for $300? How are those iodine pills treating you arnie, that you said you were taking?
Hot particles in Wa state we are breathing in, oh too small to detect and thus harmless...Odd, he was the only one "reporting" the "find"! lol yes he has a lot of experience and knowledge in the nuclear field, so does the NRC...anti's refuse to believe the NRC and we refuse to believe Arnie Gundersen. Facts will come out to withstand scrutiny no matter what side is saying them. Let the facts speak for themselves.
Really. Fired for being a whistleblower. You're just jealous b/c you're nothing but another VY whiner & Entergy Louisiana stooge & will never be anything more.

I suggest you remove head from dark place. NRC is trusted & considered valid only by the industry & has been widely discredited as a regulator by others including critics who are not opposed to nuclear power, since primary function is to promote the industry. Calling what they do 'regulation' is a joke.

Arnie & Fairewinds are expert witnesses, testifies for & against the industry, has a working relationship w/NRC & is not opposed to nuclear power.
I Know More Than You

Belmont, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 8, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

northstaridiot wrote:
is not opposed to nuclear power.
Liar
stardust

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

[QUOTE who="I'm FOS"]<quoted text>
Liar
[/QUOTE]
LIAR!

Since: Mar 10

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 8, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

northstardust wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. Fired for being a whistleblower. You're just jealous b/c you're nothing but another VY whiner & Entergy Louisiana stooge & will never be anything more.
I suggest you remove head from dark place. NRC is trusted & considered valid only by the industry & has been widely discredited as a regulator by others including critics who are not opposed to nuclear power, since primary function is to promote the industry. Calling what they do 'regulation' is a joke.
Arnie & Fairewinds are expert witnesses, testifies for & against the industry, has a working relationship w/NRC & is not opposed to nuclear power.
I keep wondering how im an Entergy Lousiana stooge, I am an employed Vermonter...which is probably more than you are. Oh I'm also an expert witness, prove me wrong!

Arnie Gundersen is nothing more than a fearmongerer and a fraud. There was a reason he and mike were fired from the industry. At least Arnie has a better website than mike, sorry bro but its true.

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 9, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mr Burns wrote:
I keep wondering how im an Entergy Lousiana stooge, I am an employed Vermonter...which is probably more than you are. Oh I'm also an expert witness, prove me wrong!
Arnie Gundersen is nothing more than a fearmongerer and a fraud. There was a reason he and mike were fired from the industry. At least Arnie has a better website than mike, sorry bro but its true.
I am an employed Vermonter, have three part-time jobs & work every day. You have never proven that you are a Vermonter.'Entergy stooge' is a mindless bot who shills for job & company nonstop which you do, most "employed Vermonters" do not do this.

Mr Burns wrote:
"Those 650 employees do not live in VT. Less than 2/3 do - 200, maybe"
"And, you have never disproven these *facts"
I would think that if it was a "fact" then there would be no need to have the word "maybe".
Oh, thats right. It's is not a fact. I would think that if you gave a specific number backed up by some data, then you might be able to call it a fact.... "maybe".

NSD:
Hitting two birds w/one stone:
As an employee you are well aware that VY's VT employees are roughly 200 - the 'maybe' referred to the fact that it is plus or minus - nice try jackass.

Since Entergy could clear this up by releasing the official numbers but refuses to do so, just goes to show that they themselves are actively involved in promoting the LIE that the 650 employees referred to are or could be Vermonters.

The '200' number widely reported by news sources was supplied by Entergy, but only when asked. If it were untrue - the publication(s) would be forced to print a retraction - ever seen one? I didn't think so.

Claim that Arnie Gundersen is a 'fraud' w/o any evidence whatsoever, makes those who make the false claim as well as your jealousy sheer.

Arnie has been the most sought after & trusted expert since the Fukushima disaster, nationwide as well as worldwide. Most bloggers on the topic link to their website. The NRC, NEI & other trade organizations claiming nuclear expertise are now virtually ignored as well as the pronuclear claque including the bloggers who have now proven themselves to be the true frauds.

"Expert witness"? In your wet dreams! Burden of proof would be on the one making the claim as you clearly have no credentials. It's quite obvious neither you or the other dummies who claim to be experts can make this claim:

"An expert witness, professional witness or judicial expert is a witness, who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, is believed to have expertise and specialised knowledge in a particular subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially and legally rely upon the witness's specialized (scientific, technical or other) opinion about an evidence or fact issue within the scope of his expertise, referred to as the expert opinion, as an assistance to the fact-finder.[1] Expert witnesses may also deliver expert evidence about facts from the domain of their expertise."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_witness
I Know More Than You

Belmont, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 9, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

northstaridiot wrote:
More lies than I can count
Back to your broom honey.
stardust

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 9, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

[QUOTE who="I'm FOS"]<quoted text>
Back to your broom honey.
[/QUOTE]
My my. You of all ppl. I would not have gone there Wicked Witch of West. Back to your own broom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I Know More Than You

Belmont, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 9, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

idiotdust wrote:
My my. You of all ppl. I would not have gone there Wicked Witch of West. Back to your own broom:
Still can't use the quote function properly, can you dummy?
MrBurns

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

"Claim that Arnie Gundersen is a 'fraud' w/o any evidence whatsoever, makes those who make the false claim as well as your jealousy sheer."

OK, he claimed that the spent fuel pool at #4 plant was empty.. it wasn't? is that good enough?

"I am an employed Vermonter, have three part-time jobs & work every day. You have never proven that you are a Vermonter"

Now I see where all the disdain comes from, must suck to have to work 3 jobs. You probably should have gotten a better education. Also, when have you proven to be a Vermonter?

Maybe Scott can help you with some links when hes done buying food from alex jones for the end of the world.
stardust

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MrBurns wrote:
"Claim that Arnie Gundersen is a 'fraud' w/o any evidence whatsoever, makes those who make the false claim as well as your jealousy sheer."
OK, he claimed that the spent fuel pool at #4 plant was empty.. it wasn't? is that good enough?
"I am an employed Vermonter, have three part-time jobs & work every day. You have never proven that you are a Vermonter"
Now I see where all the disdain comes from, must suck to have to work 3 jobs. You probably should have gotten a better education. Also, when have you proven to be a Vermonter?
Maybe Scott can help you with some links when hes done buying food from alex jones for the end of the world.
Alex Jones? A bit confused aren't you - I never mentioned him. When did he claim spent fuel pool empty??? Prove it or zip it. That still would not make him a 'fraud'. Can't come up w/anything but that???

Working 3 part time jobs not quite the same as '3 jobs'. I did not stay in the vocation I recieved training for. So? Anyone willing to work can make enough or more w/o a degree. I & others have brains enough to be flexible enough to work in whatever circumstances are the best option at the time - I suggest you & your fellow employees learn to do the same. As our world changes so do our lives. This is something you VY employees still do not seem to get. We can do whatever we want just not always in the location of our choosing.

Unfortunately for those still trying to make a living in an old technology which Vermont has decided it no longer needs nor wants, adjustments are needed. It's not a huge deal, simply means going elsewhwere to stay in the same field or a commute.

Fortunately, until it is phased out around the nation the employment picture is great which means that VY employees can go anywhere in the US or even around the world since there is a shortage of workers. Entergy has guaranteed jobs w/in their fleet.

Those who recognize they are not owed have the advantage. Though there are many corporations on the public tit, they could easily stand w/o the subsidy. However, after 40-50 years nuclear power cannot stand on its own & must be subsidized to survive or it would not be profitable. So iow, those who make their living in this industry are the beneficiaries of public funding, in actuality it's corporate welfare, a disadvantage.

Given these facts, making good career choices is not always about the money. Those riding the nuclear gravy train are in for a rude awakening.
tocaloeddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

After following & scrutinizing Mr. Gundersen's expose's for some time, it is not difficult to see that he's the real deal. RE the Fukushima Daiichi reactors debacle, he has been exceedingly careful in how he's couched his commentaries...assuredly seeking to be informational, not sensational. And Gundersen is not alone, there are numerous other industry pundits who are saying the same kinds of things. Moreover, it is to be anticipated that both government and nuclear industry employees will supress, spin-doctor, and twist the truth about heretorfore less scrutinized inherent risks of nuclear energy...witness Japans sweeping lies that imperil their people; America is no different. If I were Arnie Gundersen, I'd be proud to read the convoluted drivel that comes from various industry shills...he's got 'em on the run.
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

tocaloeddie wrote:
After following & scrutinizing Mr. Gundersen's expose's for some time, it is not difficult to see that he's the real deal. RE the Fukushima Daiichi reactors debacle, he has been exceedingly careful in how he's couched his commentaries...assuredly seeking to be informational, not sensational. And Gundersen is not alone, there are numerous other industry pundits who are saying the same kinds of things. Moreover, it is to be anticipated that both government and nuclear industry employees will supress, spin-doctor, and twist the truth about heretorfore less scrutinized inherent risks of nuclear energy...witness Japans sweeping lies that imperil their people; America is no different. If I were Arnie Gundersen, I'd be proud to read the convoluted drivel that comes from various industry shills...he's got 'em on the run.
Arnie Gundersen would bad mouth his mother for a buck.
northstardust

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Arnie has plenty of company re his comments about Entergy Louisiana & VY. And it's not a bunch of antinuclear activists, 26-4 senate voted to shutter the plant on schedule. One of them was a longtime staunch supporter who said 'Entergy couldn't have done a worse job making a case for themselves if they had been infiltrated by antinuclear activists'.

So, sounds like the marionettes who act as human shields, defend Entergy Louisiana's misdeeds & lie about everything else would do anything to save their job, or a buck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Brattleboro Forum right now

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) 8 hr God Hates Heterophobes 1,178
Guilford stands by recycling bin removal Mon Flat Lander 3
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... Mon Gott mit uns 83
Russia and the Ukraine Mon GodHates Zionist IsraHELL 36
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) Mon truth 368
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) Mon truth 463
New Hampshire Buying Russian Coal for Generation Jul 16 Importing Mega-Death 2
•••
•••

Brattleboro News Video

•••
Brattleboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brattleboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brattleboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brattleboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brattleboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••