First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Brattleboro, VT

#21 Apr 19, 2011
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
Honestly.
I feel like I landed on Gilligans Island... Went out On a three hour cruise.... still here.
I really am taken aback that all these shenangans are going on with this one company .
UNABATED. UNABASHED.UNEMBARASSED.
I think other people have to see this from a similiar perspective.Right?
They are not following the Rules. The head guys are letting them get away with it. It is out in our face every day. Noone is stopping them.Noone.
The stakes are High, safety of our families and way of life.
Candidly... It's like a distorted version of 'What happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas " (Hee Hee)...except it is 'What Happens at Vermont Nuclear Plant Stays In Vermont Nuclear Plant"(leaks , pipes, miscommunications)
Meanwhile I'm still on that three hour cruise from hell....
Then why hasnt the state sued Entergy yet. What rules are we not following? What about the MOU that the state signed off on about letting the PSB rule on a CPG? You bring up lots of claims and yet there is nothing to back it up.

Im thinking you could have counted all those shad up by now, figures its just easier to perpetuate a lie.

Maybe we can use solar power for 30% of all our power needs like ....oh wait nvm.

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#22 Apr 20, 2011
No, YOU bring up lots of claims but cannot back them. The nuke-nazis are the ones perpetuating the lies.

As you very well know, Entergy agreed not to pre-empt the state, and the legislative oversight was related to a contract change Entergy wanted re dry cask storage. Entergy supported the legislation & agreed to it.

Your comment is really stupid since PSB just ordered Entergy to report ongoing leaking & contamination results in form of affadavit bi-monthly which they have failed to do. And, they have also claimed in past actions 'PSB has no jusisdiction' over them. This will come back to bite them on their a$$es.

As to your lawsuit balony, VT AG said in press conference that the investigation into criminal charges against Entergy is ongoing & will be released later this spring.

Cases take preparation, just bc they have not been filed does not mean they won't be. Entergy polluting groundwater w/radioactive industrial waste violates Act 189 & is a very heavy hammer VT has in it's arsenal.

As to you shad foolishness, VT can mandate that Entergy not raise the river water more than 1 degree, if at all, forcing them to use *all* of the cooling towers to cool the water @ great expnse.

A story in today's Herald shows that there are *many* things VT can do to make it costly, difficult & nearly impossible for VY to operate w/the laws that are already on the books as well as new legislation over things that are indisputedly under state control. With a veto-proof majority, I'm sure they recognize this.
this Vermonter

Fairlee, VT

#23 Apr 20, 2011
"Rod Adams gave us some perspective on the amount and danger of the tritium leak at VY in a great article on The Energy Collective.

If the leak had been going on for a year before being detected and stopped, the total quantity of fluid that left the pipe would equal 138,000 liters. The total activity released would be 0.35 curies. If a single person consumed every drop of that water, their whole body radiation dose would equal roughly 30 rem.

This dosage of radiation is well below accepted levels for maintaining public health. The well-operated and perfectly safe Pickering B nuclear power plant in Canada releases 40 times as much tritium per day than the VY leak did in one year. That translates into 14,600 times as much tritium released from the Pickering B plant than from the VY leak. Keep in mind that the Pickering B unit is well within their accepted range of tritium release, so even 14,600 times as much tritium as VY is considered perfectly safe for the surrounding population."

http://nuclearfissionary.com/2011/01/24/natio ...
Cosmic Howdy

United States

#24 Apr 20, 2011
Mr. Burns . I honestly can't figure out what you are talking about.

These are facts written in newspapers. On the radio. Written in blogs.On TV.

You are thinking What ?

It is what it is.

What it is ,is that Entergy has not followed what the oversight boards asked them to do. They agree. they didn't do anything .

Who does business this way ? and gets away with it more than once. Accountability.

I realize that the wheels of justice move slowly .

I just hope there is no serious consequences for the public because of their lack of due diligence in following what they were asked to do.

After Japan . There is an urgency about this situation .
this Vermonter

Fairlee, VT

#25 Apr 20, 2011
Operator error sends raw sewage into Lake Champlain
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp ...

Burlington, Vermont - April 20, 2011

The city of Burlington pumped millions of gallons of raw sewage into Lake Champlain Wednesday.

The director of Burlington Public Works says it appears operator error is to blame. Apparently a valve to the chlorine pump was not turned on Wednesday morning. That sent about 2.5 million gallons of untreated sewage and stormwater into Lake Champlain. The problem lasted for about 90 minutes.

-I know a lot of folks who are drinking that water.
this Vermonter

Fairlee, VT

#26 Apr 20, 2011
this Vermonter wrote:
Operator error sends raw sewage into Lake Champlain
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp ...
Burlington, Vermont - April 20, 2011
The city of Burlington pumped millions of gallons of raw sewage into Lake Champlain Wednesday.
The director of Burlington Public Works says it appears operator error is to blame. Apparently a valve to the chlorine pump was not turned on Wednesday morning. That sent about 2.5 million gallons of untreated sewage and stormwater into Lake Champlain. The problem lasted for about 90 minutes.
-I know a lot of folks who are drinking that water.
Shut it down, shut it down now!
King Neece

Saugerties, NY

#27 Jun 14, 2012
Easily remove radiation from any water source

Our University of Alabama patented solar desalination product uses no electricity, has no filters to replace, can be taken anywhere and extracts pure water from any contaminated water source. It removes radiation, fluoride, salt, pesticides, bacteria, dirt and other contaminants from any water. It aids people to be prepared for disasters. Made tough in the U.S.A.

Please visit us:
http://freshwater.ecogreenenergies.com

These units can also be placed together in arrays of literally any number of panels, as needed, to accommodate a desert farm or any remote area that needs water.
this Vermonter wrote:
"Rod Adams gave us some perspective on the amount and danger of the tritium leak at VY in a great article on The Energy Collective.
If the leak had been going on for a year before being detected and stopped, the total quantity of fluid that left the pipe would equal 138,000 liters. The total activity released would be 0.35 curies. If a single person consumed every drop of that water, their whole body radiation dose would equal roughly 30 rem.
This dosage of radiation is well below accepted levels for maintaining public health. The well-operated and perfectly safe Pickering B nuclear power plant in Canada releases 40 times as much tritium per day than the VY leak did in one year. That translates into 14,600 times as much tritium released from the Pickering B plant than from the VY leak. Keep in mind that the Pickering B unit is well within their accepted range of tritium release, so even 14,600 times as much tritium as VY is considered perfectly safe for the surrounding population."
http://nuclearfissionary.com/2011/01/24/natio...
Wait

United States

#28 Jun 14, 2012
Think you can remove the entire vermont Nuclear plant ?

Are we still on Gilligan's Island?....A three hour tour, A three hour tour,,,,,,
King Neece

Colorado Springs, CO

#29 Apr 7, 2013
Easily remove radiation from any water source.

Our University of Alabama patented solar desalination product uses no electricity, has no filters to replace, can be taken anywhere and extracts pure water from any contaminated water source. It removes radiation, fluoride, salt, pesticides, bacteria, dirt and other contaminants from any water. It aids people to be prepared for disasters. Made tough in the U.S.A.

Also, Eco friendly product reviews featuring clean water, energy savings, prepper sites and sustainable energy products.

http://values.cc

This is also our new website for our earlier comment about the University of Alabama solar desalination products.
King Neece wrote:
Easily remove radiation from any water source
Please visit us:
http://freshwater.ecogreenenergies.com
These units can also be placed together in arrays of literally any number of panels, as needed, to accommodate a desert farm or any remote area that needs water.
<quoted text>
King Neece

Colorado Springs, CO

#30 Sep 19, 2013
Dazzling Electric Scooters markets street legal electric motorcycles, 3-wheel scooters, kids scooters, electric bikes, electric mountain bike, electric scooter, kids mopeds, electric moped and scooter parts.

With gas prices climbing over the years this option is worth a look.

http://dazzlingelectriccycles.com

They are also creating an affiliate program where customers or anyone with a web presence can make and save money.You can leave them a message at their site.

They also have a pay with cash option where the customer can make money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Online Petition to oust Shumlin 2 hr Esther 79
News Area Religion Services 4 hr Esther 1
Do Not Be Afraid! When World War 3 Comes, God W... 4 hr Esther 7
Compost In My Teensy Apartment? 5 hr Esther 2
News Pay as you throw comes to Brattleboro 5 hr Esther 1
Mike Mulligan Quitting Topix. (Apr '14) 5 hr Esther 14
marble ace arvidson (Aug '14) 11 hr Gus 53
More from around the web

Brattleboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE