Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Vermont inmates on lockdown at Kentucky prison

MONTPELIER -- More than 200 Vermont inmates in a Kentucky prison have been on lockdown since Jan. 15 after a series of assaults and fights broke out, a Department of Corrections official told lawmakers Tuesday afternoon.
The 205 Vermont prisoners are in the close-custody wing of Lee Adjustment Center, a Beattyville, Ky., prison that houses 460 Vermont prisoners, Richard Byrne, out-of-state unit supervisor for the Department of Corrections, told the House Committee on Corrections and Institutions.
"I'm concerned. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and find out who the culprits are and find out, if anything, how they're operating," Byrne said.
Only Vermonters are housed in the 816-bed prison after Kentucky did not renew its contract with CCA in July.
He said the lockdown is to keep inmates safe until they can locate the source of the recent violence.
Corrections Corp. of America, a private firm that runs the prison and contracts with Vermont, is handling the situation, Byrne said. He said inmates are cooperating.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

This attitude is why there are insuffecient jobs in Vermont...

Corrections Corp. of America is a notoriously poor jailer...

So they can't take care of all of their inmates just like the mentally ill...

They are infrastucture adverse!

Why did Kentucky back out of these guys...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Even teabagger New Hampshire turned away from out of state private prisons and even private in state prisons...

See, Vermont is very narrowly liberal....they have startling teabagger leanings...
Jersey Sure

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Vermont should use the Vermont Yankee site as a prison. Contract with CCA to run the joint, and take in as many prisoners as possible from Flatlandia. It could be an economic boom for Southeastern Vermont.
I Know More Than You

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

How can we get them to stay in Kentucky when they are released?
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

crapola central now!
The GE Three -Google It

Ayer, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Jersey Sure wrote:
Vermont should use the Vermont Yankee site as a prison. Contract with CCA to run the joint, and take in as many prisoners as possible from Flatlandia. It could be an economic boom for Southeastern Vermont.
speakin of that site and things that could go Boom, let's just hope that GE Mark I reactor in Vernon which is still fissioning on for another year doesn't go Ka-Blooey like those other GE Mark I reactors in Japan that are starting to now kill as many or more than Chernobyl did.
It's one of 23 GE Mark I reactors still operating in the U.S., even tho the previous NRC chairman said that they And most every other nuke in the U.S. is a ticking DirtyBomb that could all-too-easily go Ka-Blooey any day
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Our Constitution, institutions and freedoms make us better at managing our domestic nuclear reactors than the Japanese...
We will never have full meltdowns like the Japanese.

Bottom line...we got a better government than the Japanese, and bite my tongue, better corporations...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Brattleboro Forum right now

Search the Brattleboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) 20 min Gott mit uns 1,196
Clark seeks third term as sheriff 1 hr vern 34
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... 13 hr satanist morality trump 86
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) 13 hr reason 481
Tectonic Shift (Dec '12) 14 hr tectonic 376
Guilford stands by recycling bin removal Jul 21 Flat Lander 3
Russia and the Ukraine Jul 21 GodHates Zionist IsraHELL 36
•••
•••

Brattleboro News Video

•••
•••

Brattleboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000