BF Chief: Village's heroin problem is...

BF Chief: Village's heroin problem is increasing

There are 12 comments on the The Brattleboro Reformer story from Apr 13, 2013, titled BF Chief: Village's heroin problem is increasing. In it, The Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

The Bellows Falls Police chief told those at a public event held Thursday night by the Greater Falls Prevention Coalition that heroin use in the village "is at epidemic proportions." Chief Ron Lake used a segment of the Teen Brain Development event at the Rockingham Free Public Library to address the drug problem in Bellows Falls and provide an ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brattleboro Reformer.

Amazed

Worcester, VT

#1 Apr 13, 2013
When my kids were still in school, the bureaucrats told me that all I had to do was put my kids on prescriptions (Ritalin, Adderal, Prozac)and presto! They would never have drug problems. It was the kids who didn't take these prescriptions, they assured me, that would end up messing around with drugs. I refused to put my kids on these prescriptions. They are now adults and guess what? No drugs! Many of the kids who did get prescriptions are doing drugs like it was the end of the world. Never let Bureaucrats tell you how to raise your kids.
Joe

Burlington, VT

#2 Apr 14, 2013
welcome to the new economy the ME Generation created here in wal-mart nation. Everything was for the children who are now young adults with no hope or future besides being debt slaves and providing a luxury retirement for the ME Generation.
flat lander

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2013
How could their be a increase in drugs in B/F. It's just another day of the same old thing. The story "headline" is wrong. The head line should be "Police" wake up or are saying so that their losing their edge on the problem AKA need more help[money]or personal. Less "shink's" and more police and jail time is needed. They tried the nice way and it is now out of control. Time for another floor up at SSC HILTON
Get Talking

Burlington, VT

#4 Apr 14, 2013
"shink's" ??
Get Talking

Burlington, VT

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Why Heroin now?

Heroin is processed from morphine which is derived from the opium poppy, the same opium poppy from which many of the legal prescription narcotics are derived.....•In 1898, Bayer began promoting heroin as a non-addictive painkiller and cough medicine for children and as a cure for morphine addiction.
With the same lack of concern for honesty shown by Purdue Pharma, Eli Lilly and other drug companies today, Bayer deliberately concealed that when the liver metabolized the heroin, the active ingredient remaining was morphine—a drug know to be highly addictive.
They saw nothing wrong with giving highly addictive drugs to children—the same attitude shared by today's drug companies as they seek to give highly dangerous psychotropic drugs to children.
http://novusdetox.com/heroin-effects-history....
Get Talking

Burlington, VT

#6 Apr 14, 2013
Because the use of heroin has caused the body to rely on the drug to produce endorphins, when you stop using heroin, the body is making insufficient endorphins to block the pain signals from the brain. Without endorphins, everything that you do, even breathing, would be painful.

This sudden stop of endorphin production creates what has been described as the worst flu you ever had, only ten times worse. Some of the symptoms of heroin withdrawal are:
http://novusdetox.com/heroin-effects-history....
DARE ToKeep CIA Off Drugs

Newton Center, MA

#8 Apr 14, 2013
Chief Ron Lake- ain't he the one who Terry Parker accidently shot in the head during a shooting range incident years ago?
barney

Bellows Falls, VT

#9 Apr 14, 2013
he wants another cop and another cruiser this is how he gets wht he wants the town fools will fall for it again
COPWATCH dot Com

Williston, VT

#10 Apr 15, 2013
DARE ToKeep CIA Off Drugs wrote:
Chief Ron Lake- ain't he the one who Terry Parker accidently shot in the head during a shooting range incident years ago?
at least it wasn't seven bullets like Parker and his cohort pumped into Woodward, unjustifiably as the many witnesses at the scene said
http://justiceforwoody.wtc7.net/
Lucie

Montpelier, VT

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Drugs, shootings, and bombs...where is it all going to end?
Kermit

Rossville, GA

#12 Apr 16, 2013
COPWATCH dot Com wrote:
<quoted text>
at least it wasn't seven bullets like Parker and his cohort pumped into Woodward, unjustifiably as the many witnesses at the scene said
http://justiceforwoody.wtc7.net/
I read it. I believe the church members witness statements. Why would they lie? They believe in God and honesty. It's no wonder nobody trusts the police anymore.
flat lander

United States

#13 Apr 18, 2013
"Lucie" it will end when only cockroaches are left in B/F

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun 23 internet troll 1
Happy Zombie Jesus Day (Apr '15) Jun 21 SDIPN dot Net 25
Actor Says Obama Stole His Persona (Nov '13) Jun 19 Lhdollbaby 11
Seek God And Receive Answers For Your Troubles (Apr '15) Jun 14 Light For All 4
Looking for Guy Who Tried to Sell Heroin To My Kid (Sep '15) Jun 14 Light For All 7
Angels Are Watching You! (Apr '15) Jun 14 Light For All 8
News Habitual offender gets 15-24 months in jail (Aug '09) Jun 14 Light For All 8

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages