VT Imploding

Portland, ME

#1 Aug 6, 2013
More cutbacks at IBM

Posted: Aug 06, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
By WCAX News - bio | email

More cutbacks at IBM in Essex Junction.

Less than two months after 419 employees lost their jobs, more workers are losing some of their pay. IBM says it is furloughing all employees across the country who work in the Systems and Technology Group. That includes the chip plant in Vermont. Employees will be required to take one week off at one-third pay. Managers will get no pay.

The world's biggest computer company says it is cutting costs after seeing revenues for its hardware products drop 12 percent in the second quarter compared to a year ago.

Alliance at IBM-- a union organizing group-- says the company continues to punish workers while spending billions to shore up its stock price.
Wally World

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Aug 6, 2013
America is imploding financially, look at local financial news around the nation. Vermont is in fact in much better shape than a great deal of the nation. There are cutbacks happening everywhere.

The 10 states with the worst economies right now are:

Mississippi, Nevada, West Virginia, California, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, Georgia and Kentucky.
Going for it

Portland, ME

#3 Aug 6, 2013
Wally World wrote:
America is imploding financially, look at local financial news around the nation. Vermont is in fact in much better shape than a great deal of the nation. There are cutbacks happening everywhere.
Mississippi, Nevada, West Virginia, California, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, Georgia and Kentucky.
Vermont is simply more adept at gaming the numbers. Instead, Take note of the prices being asked and the numbers being offered of purebred dogs. That is a good indicator of the financial health of an area.
I Know More Than You

Monmouth, ME

#4 Aug 6, 2013
Going for it wrote:
Instead, Take note of the prices being asked and the numbers being offered of purebred dogs. That is a good indicator of the financial health of an area.
Comedy gold!
OMG TheresReally a NWO

United States

#5 Aug 6, 2013
the S.E. Vermont economy would be better if that mongrel dog lezzbo former Sheriff hadn't ripped off 70 Grand in public funds, a crime for which she got a mere slap on the wrist and her felony reduced while other embezzlers like her get the slammer

as for IBM, only obliviots don't know the fact that such globalist-run co.s have No loyalty to America and have been outsourcing as much of their labor overseas for years anyhow. The meaning of 'I' in IBM should have been a clue even if ewe haven't heard of the scam of 'free trade' and the 'New World Order' which have been pushed by the globalists AKA internationalists, especially the ones who own the banks
WTFU
Unsilent

Williamstown, VT

#6 Aug 6, 2013
Wally World wrote:
The media keeps telling us that the economy is recovering, improving. I don't believe them, however.
Glenda

Williamstown, VT

#8 Aug 6, 2013
This is really no surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's Top Ten Lies Last Night/ Clinton's Crim... (Jan '16) Feb 11 Morgan 7
Review: Biologic Integrative Health - Samantha ... (Feb '10) Jan '17 Wtf dr Moore 64
Melissa Barratt's family and friends... (Aug '11) Jan '17 Long Island Liberal 26
News Man accuses judge of extortion, theft (Apr '09) Dec '16 MADD 32
Shumlin Gave Up On Single Payer Health Care (Dec '14) Dec '16 Lorette 14
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Dec '16 Long Island Liberal 10
News Hidden $50,000 results in $3,000 fine Oct '16 Immigration-is-NO... 1

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages