Your cat is a monster?
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Jan 30, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/science/tha...

That Cuddly Kitty Is Deadlier Than You Think

For all the adorable images of cats that play the piano, flush the toilet, mew melodiously and find their way back home over hundreds of miles, scientists have identified a shocking new truth: cats are far deadlier than anyone realized.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I think this is about the kitty litter folks bribing the scientist...to make you keep your cats inside the house. All they want you to do is purchase more kiddy litter and fill up our waste dumps with it.
Its A Cat Eat Man World

Danvers, MA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
yes mikey but enough about the nuclear industry and the Military Industrial Complex/scientific dictatorship being like a big Mafia and ruining the planet and our freedoms-- whaddaewe think about the weirdly prophetic scenes with 'Sandy Hook' and 'Aurora' being in the last Batman movie prior to those shootings?
//////
cat's will do something a dog won't, if s cat(s) owner dies and no one finds them for days, the cat(s) will eat them http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&bi...

===
oh and now they find that cats carry a parasite that causes schzophrenia in humans
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sc...
Ewe need cat like ewe need a hole in the head
Good kitty

Newport, NH

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Having a few highly tuned rodent killers roaming about comes in pretty handy, they always get praise and treats from me for every filthy vermin they lay at my feet.

Without natural predators like fox and bobcat everyone's thousands of brimming bird feeders would soon have us infested with these disgusting, destructive pests if not for the venerable house cat.

Unlike dogs, who just annoyingly bark constantly, eat your garbage and turn your lawn into a fetid poo filled minefield, they are actually useful in modern society.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#5 Feb 1, 2013
See, this isn't news worthy...its circulation worthy...it's entertainment.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#6 Feb 1, 2013
What irks me with these scientific people, they identify their problem, but they want you to do the work instead of them. So why are these guys out there hitting the pavement doing something about stray cats.

They and the NYT's didn't even have a honest talk about the factors that set this up...especially the powerful economic issues they might have to gore if we were honest.

Why do these scientists hate the cat lovers and little people of America...how come they didn't talk about corporate attitudes that drives this..
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Feb 1, 2013
I am talking about the proliferation of these big box mega pet stores, internet/home delivery warehouse cat med stores, the veterinarian interest, all the feally-good pet food advertisement junk we see as on tv.

They are mainlining altruisms addictive pet drugs to large numbers of American to create the imagine our pets will solve all our problems and make us feel good...until they create a burden to the peoples and they throw them out in the cold. And they are all in the game of making huge profits off our pet love addiction.

So where are these economic and profit interests in this....certainly they made the problem of stray cats and home based cats worst?

So why isn't anyone jumping on these business and profit interest to fix the problems they created using highly sophisticated advertizement techniques over broad segments of our population.

And the NYT's and the scientist would never criticize these business interest that supports these magazines and newspaper interest.

So why are these big dogs always throwing sand in the eyes of the little people?
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#8 Feb 1, 2013
Why are are all the profit and business interest always held harmless in our society...
Dogs Our Loyal Protectors

Williston, VT

#9 Feb 1, 2013
"Why are are all the profit and business interest always held harmless in our society..."
-BECAUSE EVIL REIGNS SUPREME mikey that's why, at least until God's clone comes back to kick evil doer's asses and take His people home.
Monsanto ruins our entire food supply with impunity, Vaccine makers get special federal exemption from lawsuits even tho what they make kills and maims so many people and kids ( Vaclib.org ), Big Pharma (google pharmakeia with Bible) gets to kill millions with their pills too and after mass shootings by those we find out are all on Prozac or other SSRIs the G-d libscum attack gun makers rather than the makers of the SSRI 'Mass Murder Pills'*
*google that too
//////////

PsycSueQ excretes:
"Unlike dogs, who just annoyingly bark constantly, eat your garbage and turn your lawn into a fetid poo filled minefield, they are actually useful in modern society."
-I've had three dogs and they each shat in the woods across the street as I trained them, never barked constantly nor ate anyone's garbage.

As for minefields, dogs are trained to sniff them out and bombs and drugs etc., so far no domesticated cat has done anything useful for society except occasionally catching a mouse

As for mice and moles around my home I use mousetraps which are much more reliable than the disease-carrying (see links in post3) people-eating cats ewe love
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Feb 1, 2013
Like, cars, trucks, trains and aircraft...they kill multitudes of animals including cats and dogs. Everyone knows most of the animals that are killed comes through our transportation sector and habituate loss in the USA...
Truth is

Newport, NH

#11 Feb 2, 2013
Dogs Our Loyal Poopers wrote:
//////////

-I've had three dogs and they each shat in the woods across the street as I trained them, never barked constantly nor ate anyone's garbage.
As for minefields, dogs are trained to sniff them out and bombs and drugs etc., so far no domesticated cat has done anything useful for society except occasionally catching a mouse
Your dogs are not sniffing out any bombs, they're just dropping them in that disgusting open sewer across the street and pissing off your neighbors with their incessant barking.

I'll bet it's not even your property, typical ...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Feb 2, 2013
"I'll give you my cat when you pry her from my cold, dead hands."
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#13 Feb 2, 2013
http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overp...

There are approximately 86.4 million owned cats in the United States

NYTs: kill a median of 2.4 billion birds and 12.3 billion mammals a year, most of them native mammals like shrews, chipmunks and voles rather than introduced pests like the Norway rat.

So 15 billion animals...

so each cat has to kill 175 animals a year...
Just one plant

Newport, NH

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Indian Point fish kills
http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/science-upda...

... "The conflict stems from the enormous amounts of water used and the heat dumped back into the river. The plants draw 2.5 billion gallons of water daily, about double the water used each day by the nine million residents of, and visitors to, New York City and adjacent Westchester County. That influx of water into a 40-foot-wide siphon sucks in fish of all sizes, trapping larger ones against internal screens and sucking smaller ones and hatchlings fatally into the heat sink. The plants dump some 30 billion BTUs of heat per hour into the river. That is the equivalent of the heat that would be generated by exploding a nuclear bomb the size of the one which leveled Hiroshima approximately every two hours day in and day out.

The change in the assessment of Indian Point fish kills was made to a formula in a new Supplement to Volume 2 of the NRC’s barely two-year-old, 700-page Environmental Impact Assessment of the plants’ massive water drain on what is termed the Essential Fish Habitat of the Hudson River. The count of fish killed by being trapped against the screens, and the far larger number of hatchlings – less than a half inch in diameter – which are “entrained,” or sucked through the screens and into the system were based on surveys taken by Consolidated Edison, the plants’ original owners, from 1981 to 1987. The figures have been accepted the company and state as accurate since then.

For the larger fish, the study found about two billion fish per year were trapped against the screens and killed. But according to the NRC study, the 1981 death toll for small fish had been 3.3 trillion per year. But with the advent of new screens,“the total number of identified fish entrained has decreased at a rate of 187 billion fish per year since 1984,” and leveled off at an annual toll of 300 billion baby fish." ...
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#15 Feb 3, 2013
I never think we should put animals about people... people should come first. I hate the antis who fixate on fish because they are too lazy to know how a nuke plant works or who doesn't keep up with what is going on in the industry.
Forward

Newport, NH

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Destroying the ecology of a body of water like the Hudson with a colossal 2.5 billion gallons of water a day cuisinart is bad for people too.

These numbers do not even include the fish killed by the heated water discharged by the plant.

I hate it when nuclear apologists try to discount and minimize the tremendous impact of these poorly designed, failing antiques by claiming that it is the environmental activists who are intellectually lazy, when the opposite is true.

Nuclear power is a failed technology which is patently reckless, has an unnecessarily enormous environmental impact and should have been abandoned years ago.

It is the nuclear apologist who is too intellectually lazy to keep up with the electricity generating industry, clinging to their failed, destructive, half century old antiques, refusing to give up the "safe, clean and too cheap to meter" fairy tale.
Only Good Cat IsA DeadOne

Newton Center, MA

#17 Feb 3, 2013
Mike Mulligan wrote:
http://www.humanesociety.org/i ssues/pet_overpopulation/facts /pet_ownership_statistics.html
There are approximately 86.4 million owned cats in the United States
NYTs: kill a median of 2.4 billion birds and 12.3 billion mammals a year, most of them native mammals like shrews, chipmunks and voles rather than introduced pests like the Norway rat.
So 15 billion animals...
so each cat has to kill 175 animals a year...
That's Right mikey- What we need is a FINAL SOLUTION
http://images.inmagine.com/400nwm/iris/photos...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3489/323380180...
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Crazy/Feral...
http://recollections.nma.gov.au/__data/assets...

And we need it for the four legged AND the two legged ones!
http://www.tvworthwatching.com/werts/cat%20pe...

and why was Batman able to resist being tempted by Catwoman?
Cuz he know she carried a parasite that causes schizophrenia
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=active&...
Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that the caped crusader for law lived a secret life in a cave with his 'Boy Wonder', similar to J. Edgar Hoover
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Meow, meow, meow...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun 23 internet troll 1
Happy Zombie Jesus Day (Apr '15) Jun 21 SDIPN dot Net 25
Actor Says Obama Stole His Persona (Nov '13) Jun 19 Lhdollbaby 11
Seek God And Receive Answers For Your Troubles (Apr '15) Jun 14 Light For All 4
Looking for Guy Who Tried to Sell Heroin To My Kid (Sep '15) Jun 14 Light For All 7
Angels Are Watching You! (Apr '15) Jun 14 Light For All 8
News Habitual offender gets 15-24 months in jail (Aug '09) Jun 14 Light For All 8

Brattleboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages