Wholesale Electricity Prices up 55%

Wholesale Electricity Prices up 55%

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Mar 19, 2014
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140319/N...
Home » News » Energy
March 18. 2014 10:00PM

Report: Natural gas price hikes pushed electric rates higher in 2013
By DAVE SOLOMON
New Hampshire Union Leader
The operator of the New England power grid has completed its analysis of energy prices for 2013, and the results should come as no surprise.

Rising prices for natural gas delivered to New England pushed wholesale electricity prices in the region up by 55 percent over 2012, according to preliminary figures from ISO New England, the operator of the region’s wholesale electricity markets.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Mar 19, 2014
Object market failure...the government should bulldozer their way in here because the market is such an object failure.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#3 Mar 19, 2014
Crooks an thieves here...the politicians.

They know the public is dead...
Flat Lander

United States

#4 Mar 19, 2014
It's Bush's fault. Not the lack of tar sand or propane pipes or connecting grids. Not in my back yard enviro's.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#5 Mar 19, 2014
whatever.

Since: Nov 10

Brattleboro, VT

#6 Mar 23, 2014
About 60 GW of coal-fired capacity is projected to retire between 2012 and 2020, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration's Annual Energy Outlook 2014.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Mar 23, 2014
Right, the whole bunch of them is conspiring against us and blackmailing us. It happens when you hate government and don’t vote.

Since: Nov 10

Brattleboro, VT

#8 Mar 23, 2014
I'd say is was less about not voting than just voting for the people that promise you the most "free stuff" like housing, food, phones, electricity, heat, medicines, and the professional services of everyone that is taxed to pay for these items.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#9 Mar 23, 2014
Yea, because income sucks for so many of of now a days. Just because out bosses can get away with it.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#10 Mar 23, 2014
our bosses
Hello

Jackson, MO

#11 Mar 24, 2014
Whatever .. that is precisely what many are thinking or should I say they aren't thinking much that has a value. The unemployment line is still as long as it ever was and damit .. I couldn't afford the $130 a month natural gas to heat my home properly. So I never put it above 60 degrees and I use one light at a time and I recycle my water .. every bit of it.

Soapy water is great for your plants outside. America needs to learn to spend within it's means and also conserve more or we'll all be on the streets .. us middle class folk. There will be two classes and which one do you imagine you will be in .. five years from now.

Many of us are poorer now than we were five - ten years ago. I can't afford to spend money I'm not able to make and I'm ticked the welfare recipients appear better off than I am some times. Hope the kids are properly taken care of .. that's not even funny.
Mike Mulligan

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Mar 24, 2014
Yea right. Just teabagger bs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermonts new economy (Jun '14) 10 hr sHillary For Pris... 210
Truth reason knowledge (Dec '12) Apr 25 AlexJones4Trumps ... 771
Marble is still missing, and a year of silence? Apr 22 BrattNative 1
Murder in Brattleboro, 1950 to 1956 (Apr '10) Apr 16 Shadorider 34
News SIT student claims he was profiled at Bratt sup... (Nov '13) Apr 11 Community Disorga... 61
News Sex abuse suit against Williston Northampton Sc... (May '10) Apr 4 zeke the pinhead 13
When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Deny All H... (Mar '14) Mar 30 Not In SF 325
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages