Corse Farm sold development rights fo...

Corse Farm sold development rights for $500,000

Posted in the Brattleboro Forum

frankly

Bennington, VT

#1 Apr 22, 2013
In these times of raising taxes left and right to preserve necessary programs like infrastructure maintenance and education spending how do they justify spending $500k of state money to buy development rights from a rich farmer. No kidding. Notice that the amount paid wasn't mentioned in the article. Now why is that?

http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_23076422...
flat lander

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2013
What a beautiful farm and to build houses will ruin the view as you drive by. It is theirs and should be allow to do as please. How about the set up a toll booth and charge a dollar to the view. That way they won't have to sell and help pay the taxes. If they don't want houses, how about a mall or sewage plant?
Markiemark

Bennington, VT

#3 Apr 22, 2013
flat lander wrote:
What a beautiful farm and to build houses will ruin the view as you drive by. It is theirs and should be allow to do as please. How about the set up a toll booth and charge a dollar to the view. That way they won't have to sell and help pay the taxes. If they don't want houses, how about a mall or sewage plant?
I have no problem with the wealthy farmers selling their development rights or building houses. I have a problem with using tax dollars in times of economic stress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermonts new economy (Jun '14) 16 hr Community Disorga... 214
News Police Log May 23 Cheddar Cheese 1
News LGBTQ community to celebrate "Earth Gay" in Ver... May 23 Chris Ess 29
Looking for Guy Who Tried to Sell Heroin To My Kid (Sep '15) May 23 Candles 4
We have too many scumbags in town. (Oct '15) May 23 Candles 2
Murder in Brattleboro, 1950 to 1956 (Apr '10) May 23 Candles 35
News Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust (Oct '14) May 12 Anonymous 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages