some haunted places in massena

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#64 Aug 10, 2011
MassenaCenter315 wrote:
I think there's a historic marker outside of the place on Tamarack? Not sure, though its considered the 'first' settlement of the town.
Is there anything to do with the old powerhouse, that place for some reason has always freaked me out and I've heard a couple of rumors. One is that there was a graveyard right where the canal is, but they say its the one down the road (Reed Cemetary) and that's on maps as far back as 1865. The other is the old "a couple of workers" fell into the cement.
Got me, been in both the graveyard at the Center and Spanky's basement, never felt any spirits watching me.
19 workers died during the construction of the canal..

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#65 Aug 10, 2011
Calvary Cem Neighbor wrote:
I live by Calvary Cemetery there and I have never had a problem with anything. Why would ghosts haunt a cemetery if they never lived there in life? I am more likely to haunt the cemetery since I live by it now.
ghost are there. trust me on that...alot of people died young or tragically. over 9,000 are buried there.
your an old fart

Massena, NY

#66 Aug 17, 2011
spirit believer wrote:
Our house has ghosts. Our granddaughter saw me upstairs and questioned about me being upstairs to her grandfather, but i wasn't upstairs at all. I have had my hand held when I was crying in my sleep and calling out to my passed away mother,I woke up, with tears still on my face. On Mother's Day, I wasn't feeling well. I went to sleep in a real deep sleep. I believed my husband was standing by me and kept asking me if I was alright and nudged me on the shoulder and kept after me until I answered. I woke up completely out of that sound sleep and rolled over with my heart pounding from the startle. But I felt safe. It wasn't my husband who did it, I asked him. Just yesterday while I was outside, I felt an unexplained feeling to look towards my bedroom window and I saw a quick movement of an image move quickly out of view. This was at the bottom right side of the bedroom window. We live in an old farmhouse built in the late 1800's. I'm here alone often but I am never afraid of them. I'm just mad because they never visit long enough for real communication.
weird. just weird
boo

Ithaca, NY

#67 Aug 20, 2011
in your mommas snatch
blahblaboo

Watertown, NY

#68 Oct 15, 2011
im having a birthday and i want to go to haunted houses around massena cause i really like tht kinda stuff but i dont kno where to go :(
yay

United States

#69 Oct 18, 2011
hey john, did u get all those out of the 'haunted northern ny' books?? i have them both lol.
nice of u to try tho.
church cryer

Ithaca, NY

#70 Oct 18, 2011
yay wrote:
hey john, did u get all those out of the 'haunted northern ny' books?? i have them both lol.
nice of u to try tho.
some of those places are not in revia's crappy haunted northern new york books. her writing is awful and she only does it for the money now
im 13 now

United States

#71 Dec 30, 2011
I was asleep in my moms room one night when my dad was working when i was about 8 or 9 and i had a nightmare and woke up to an old lady sleeping next to me.. When i screamed for my mom the old lady started shrivveling up. My mom saw her, and screamrd and she dissapeared. Other weird thinhs have happened in my house too, our stairs to our attic were down when we came back from spring break, nobody was at our house.. We have heard people. walking up stairs and nobody was there, weve heard doors slam, cows?? There is no farms even around us
Bill

Bloomington, IN

#73 Jan 10, 2012
What about 49 Phillips St. I use to live there as a kid. The place gave me and my family the creeps you always had the feeling someone was watching you and you would here voices at night. I still to this day get creeped out by that place. As for the grave stone behind the unemployment building, me and a few freinds of mine knew about those back in the 80's and was suprised that it took so long for someone to find them.
curious

United States

#74 Mar 9, 2012
what house on east orvis
Vote Flynn

Manlius, NY

#75 Mar 9, 2012
john michaud iii contact us @ nnypit@yahoo.com
wondering

Watertown, NY

#76 Mar 9, 2012
I feel like my house is haunted!!!! I woke up one morning and heard a growling noise and there was no animal that can growl in the house!!! I mean I live across from the Alcoa playground where the bar once was and it is scary at times cause I feel like something is watching me!!!!!
Evette Gagne

Cortland, NY

#77 May 2, 2012
House on 2 Talcott Street is very much haunted. There are new tennants who can also verify this!
mkjs

Saranac Lake, NY

#78 May 5, 2012
Does anyone know anything about the woods at the end of dana street?I'm hearing a lot of stories.Pretty creepy!!
yep

Ithaca, NY

#79 May 5, 2012
mkjs wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the woods at the end of dana street?I'm hearing a lot of stories.Pretty creepy!!
please share
mkjs

Saranac Lake, NY

#80 May 5, 2012
Well as far as the woods on dana st I've heard there have been deaths there.My daughter and her friends go in there to play and my daughter and her friends have all told me about strange thimgs they have seen.My daughter brought her camera in the woods and took a picture of herself and there was something behind her that looked strange to me.Plus every time I walk through there I get chills.I dont know if anyone else knows anything.
gost wisper

New Britain, CT

#81 Feb 16, 2013
laid off andy wrote:
<quoted text>scary!!
gost is just a dume old word dont be scare of them ,try not to be.
there lost scare souls ,but do beware of demonds .hope i spell right,thay are bad.
i use to have a great friend long time ago came over my house to play in massena play cars out side down bye the graveyard nearbeach st back of the gas staion grage but i didnt go so he went him self that day 15 min later he die in back of that gas staion playing cars in the dirt pile.head pop up and a 3 weeler
hit him.itshould of ben me but it was not he is a herro.i miss
him we been same age to day i think his soul is stell there.
no kidin

Trenton, NJ

#82 Feb 16, 2013
Mrs. Greene she lives there even though Mike won't admit it. Crazy stuff. Lights skimming accross the room. HE WOULD laugh at it!!!
Robert

United States

#83 Feb 17, 2013
John Michaud III wrote:
i'm posting these places for conversation. hopefully people wont mind me telling. there are alot of places with stories of happenings. but they are just stories. no full evidence. hopefully nobody will get upset at me for pointing out some places. the list is long!

-- spanky's diner

-- the haskell house

-- pine grove cemetary

-- massena center cemetary

--calvary cemetery

-- the walgreen's store -- near former location of the old pennysaver office

--the sunrise mall

-- twin river's credit union -- fomer location of the dumas - lahey house

-- ghost on the hill on glenn street -- near the orvis grave stones in back of employment office

-- the bushnell house -- now location of seacomm

--the quality inn hotel

--house on parker avenue

--house on raquette river road

--the st. vincent depaul building

-- house on east orvis street

-- house on clark street

-- former swartz furniture building

-- ghost car on clark street

-- former location of the broaster resturant

-- the old high school now demolished on bridges
-- house on center street

-- violi's restaurant

-- house on carney -- near haskell street with a secret tunnel -- cureent owners deny a tunnel is there -- but the fomrer owners who lived there told me it was hanted with a tunnel.

--the american legion hall -- former home of the hyde & orvis families

-- the old downtown massena movie theatre!!! old abe cohen is still watching!

i think 25 locations is enough to reveal here! please dont bother the current owners. i know too many places from my research.

--
John what do you know about the St. Vincent DePaul haunting?
just me
#84 Feb 17, 2013
alot of homes on liberty are haunted,ik,mine is one of them,actual physical contact from a ghost!also there was a major mass murder at alcoa when it first opened hundreds of men were shot down and killed,they were coal miners from pennsylvania striking the opening of the alcoa plant,i think thats why so many on liberty are haunted,its there souls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brasher Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump to save Alcoa 10 min Truth 15
News Massena trustees want answers from cable compan... 1 hr RCA 1
Why 13 hr Good dick 14
Beware 14 hr nosey is as nosey... 3
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Jun '10) 20 hr jane doe and not ... 534
News Bitcoin company to operate in Watertown 21 hr Nosey is as Nosey... 11
Federal Bureau of Investigation 21 hr Nosey is as Nosey... 5

Brasher Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance