3/3/13 pit maul 8yr old girl & 9yr old boy
Posted in the Brasher Falls Forum
#1 Mar 4, 2013
Pit bull attacks two children in King William County
By FRANCES HUBBARD
11:00 a.m. EST, March 4, 2013
KING WILLIAM – One child remains in serious condition, while another has been released from the hospital after they were attacked yesterday by a pit bull in the Oak Springs Subdivision of King William County.
According to Sheriff Jeff Walton, an eight-year-old girl and nine-year-old boy were playing outside around 1:15 p.m. on Sunday when a pit bull and another dog from a nearby home chased the siblings into a neighbor’s yard.
The pit bull reportedly attacked the girl on the hand and neck, biting off a finger, and injured the boy in the chest.
King William (King William, Virginia)
King William County
The children were transported by the King William Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad to the Medical College of Virginia (MCV) in Richmond.
The boy was released and is recovering at home, while the little girl remains in care and has reportedly undergone surgery.
Walton said King William Animal Control seized the two-year-old pit bull from its owners who recently moved into the neighborhood. The dog is being held at the Regional Animal Shelter in King William pending further investigation.
Walton did say that Oak Springs Subdivision is listed in the county code as one of the subdivisions governed by a year-round leash law.
No charges have been filed at this time and a custody hearing for the fate of the dog is expected to be scheduled this week.
Check back for further updates as information becomes available.
#5 Mar 4, 2013
INSTANCES LIKE THIS ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN WITH PITS IT'S A WEEKLY HAPPENING AND YOU KNOW IT
#7 Mar 4, 2013
is there meds for someone who outright lies about whether or not he owns a pit - hope so because you sure need some - hypocritical idiot
#10 Mar 5, 2013
She'll claim it was misinterpreted or misinformation. Regardless, she posted it so by her standards she has to call herself a liar. I don't agree with it but it's her standard so she needs to stick by it.
#12 Mar 5, 2013
11 Facts About Animal Cruelty
1. Puppy mills are large-scale commercial dog breeding operations that put greater priority on profits than the health and well-being of the puppies.•Many dogs are plagued with illnesses or infirmaries like kidney or heart disease, as a result of the poor conditions they’re kept in.
2. Each year, thousands of young and healthy Greyhounds are killed because they lack racing potential or have been injured while racing and are no longer competitive.
3. Dogfighting became prevalent in the U.S. after the Civil War, with professional pits proliferating in the 1860s. And was a source of entertainment for police officers and firemen.
4. Today dogfighting has been reported in urban, suburban, and rural settings in all regions of the country.
5. More than half the fur in the United States comes from China, where there are no penalties for abusing animals, which are raised in unbearably cramped and run-down cages on fur farms.
6. It’s been estimated that there are 900 to 2,000 new cases every year of animal hoarding in the US, with a quarter of a million animals falling victim.
7. Over 100 million animals – mice, rats, dogs, cats, rabbits, monkeys, birds, among others – are killed in U.S. laboratories for chemical, drug, food, and cosmetics testing every year.
8. Every major circus that uses animals has been cited for violating the minimal standards of care set by the United States Animal Welfare (AWA).
9. Most rodeo events rely on creating a stressful environment for the domesticated and often docile animals involved. Participants often rely on harsh handling practices (such as twisting calves’ tails or painful electric shocks) to make animals run faster or buck harder.
10. The exotic pet trade is a multi-billion dollar industry in the U.S. And while some wild pets have been bred in captivity, many are taken directly from their native habitats. The stress of being violently removed from their homes causes a number of these animals to die prematurely.
11. Due to genetic manipulation, 90 percent of broiler chickens (chicken bred specifically for meat production) have trouble walking.
#13 Mar 5, 2013
your desperation is showing - we have been over this this attack happened just in a different town now there is a big difference between that and you outright lying by stating that there has never been a reported attack or killing by a neutered pit - how ridiculous - or that there have only been 145 total fatal dog attacks with pits only causing 45 since 1999 when there have been around 215+- again how ridiculous - or you stating that pits to not redirect dog aggression onto humans - that one is just plain idiotic - or that pits don't possess severe dog on dog aggression - duhhhhhhhhhh - like i said big difference from a mistaken town to outright lying like i have caught you red handed doing since you started posting on the pit threads - now before you try to desperately distract from the documented verifiable truth about pitbulls how about you learn what the truth is first - outright liar - and all your other little pitnutter friends have been proven to be outright lying about pits too it's a common theme for you pitnutters
#14 Mar 5, 2013
You mean YOU have gotten over it. We know why you disappeared for a week, hoping that would die down, but the fact remains that you have not found the report anywhere else, nor have I, and I've searched. So even if your reporter did not intentionally lie in his first submission, he certainly did in his retraction. Come out of Egypt and de Nile, OCD. You're all full of sh_t. But, as you continue to post such crap, you are a liar by extension.
#16 Mar 6, 2013
It is all in how the dog is f*cking raised. If people teach the dog to be mean it will be. And it isnt just pitbulls you f*cking moron it is any dog.
#18 Mar 6, 2013
Yeah, Ghetto Blacks and Trailer Park Trash Whites do it to Pits to toughen them up and make them meaner. Get them ready to dog fight and to attack people.
#19 Mar 6, 2013
But a Pitbull and other Molosser breeds will do FAR MORE damage and more likely to kill another dog or a person than the other breeds.
Who would you rather take a punch from? Justin Beiber or Mike Tyson?
That's the difference between being bit by a Cocker Spaniel and mauled by a Pittie
Add your comments below
|massena athletes||6 hr||heardrumors||7|
|Censorship||11 hr||American soldier||22|
|Candidate understands safety for workers||11 hr||Voter||1|
|IBEW endorses Oa Shaugnessy||Sat||Voter||1|
|Bigfoot in Massena? (Oct '11)||Sat||fairy tales||180|
|Whats up with the ambulance (Jan '15)||Oct 20||Brasher residents||5|
|Massena Car dealerships||Oct 20||Rocket Man||3|
Find what you want!
Search Brasher Falls Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC