300 Teaching Jobs On The Line

There are 167 comments on the Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal story from Apr 1, 2010, titled 300 Teaching Jobs On The Line. In it, Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal reports that:

At the rate that North Country school districts are announcing staff cuts, the area could lose more than 300 jobs - the equivalent of a small to mid-sized industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Haha

Gouverneur, NY

#166 Jul 1, 2010
Retired Teacher wrote:
There are too many ROAD teachers in our local school systems right now. ROAD--Retired On Active Duty. There are too many local teachers who look the other way, ignore behaviors in kids that deserve AIS or "other" services. The money is going to layers of administrators, year after year nothing but increases. It makes me sick. You always here, "It's for the children, it's about the kids: BS--it's about the money for these people just like anyone else--all too human. Ever heard of it? Schools are a money pit rife with manipulations. Where else but NNY can a former HS drug dealer and druggie become a super? Some things cannot be forgotten.
Very true.
RealityCheck

Lorraine, NY

#167 Jul 1, 2010
Beside the Point

Gouverneur, NY

#168 Jul 8, 2010
RealityCheck wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/ 06/28/florida.teacher.sentence d/index.html
Oops.
And this is a reflection on all teachers because...???

I'm waiting.
RealityCheck

Lorraine, NY

#169 Jul 8, 2010
Beside the Point wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is a reflection on all teachers because...???
I'm waiting.
It shows that teachers, male or female, are only human. There is a vast array of teachers and personailties within the educational System.

Pandora's Box has been opened with the influx of computers and internet capabilities. When the manufactoring jobs are disappearing at an alarming rate, the tax base is eroded. Who will pay for the teachers?

America is bankrupt. Do the homework. Reserch Ferderal Reserve. National Debt. New York is also bankrupt. Do your homework. Research the numbers. Who is to pay for all the services?

Female teachers in OFA are making inappropriate remarks to their young students. Kids have enough to deal with in finding jobs, going to college, buying overpriced homes because of all the greed and poor decisions of the money managers. Taxpayers are stressed right now..........who will pay for all the services?

Maybe it is besides the point..........nobody cares!
TeachersPet

Lorraine, NY

#170 Jul 15, 2010
&fe ature=channel

I miss being in school..........
idiots

Lorraine, NY

#171 Jul 19, 2010
people need to stop harping on how bad teachers are. people need to stop having kids they don't care about or take care of; society would be a lot nicer. most parents around here find more 'important' things to spend their money and their time on other than their children. grow up and stop having kids!!! teachers not only worry about the well being of their students while their at school but also worry about what's happening to them at home so sad!!!
FreeSpeech

Lorraine, NY

#172 Jul 19, 2010
idiots wrote:
people need to stop harping on how bad teachers are. people need to stop having kids they don't care about or take care of; society would be a lot nicer. most parents around here find more 'important' things to spend their money and their time on other than their children. grow up and stop having kids!!! teachers not only worry about the well being of their students while their at school but also worry about what's happening to them at home so sad!!!
Grow up and stop having kids? Are you kidding me here? Can you say Child Protective Services? Hello jobs! Can you say Department of Social Services (DSS)? Hello Jobs! Can you say Welfare? Hello Jobs! Can you say Medicare? Social Security? Hello Jobs!

Get real. Kids create jobs. Jobs for Teachers and all the rest I have described above. But you will turn a blind eye. Justice does!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brasher Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena board agrees to fill vacancy at water p... 4 hr flatulence 5
Spring clean-up 5 hr fyi 24
mike garrett (Dec '11) 5 hr greenergrass 4
Joshua P Collins 6 hr lol 5
Old Charlie's Tavern 8 hr May 13
What Do You Think About Redheads? (Sep '10) 17 hr amber 123
News NYSP Public Record 18 hr Electrical Engineer 5
More from around the web

Brasher Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE