too bad
DOA

Indianola, MS

#2 Sep 24, 2009
DID HE HANG HIMSELF OR WHAT?
sinner

Wichita, KS

#3 Sep 24, 2009
Is this true? I have not heard anything on the news.
dave

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 14, 2011
I love his songs is he dead
Trusting

Branson, MO

#5 Aug 15, 2011
Why would anyone put something like that on here? I searched and there is absolutely nothing on the news anywhere. I refuse to believe this untill I read it somewhere else. I love Mickey Gilleys music and I hope and pray this is NOT true. Please someone.. say it is not! I'm a fan for many, many years.
Trusting

Branson, MO

#6 Aug 15, 2011
I searched again and found this: Former owner of Gilley's dies at 81 | Houston & Texas News | Chron ...
Aug 18, 2009 ... Former owner of iconic honky-tonk Gilley's dies. Sherwood Cryer was partner of singer Mickey Gilley at Pasadena bar.

So hopefully rutrow just read that headline and assumed it was Mickey and it was not. It was his former Gilley's partner Sherwood Cryer. It's sad to hear when anyone dies but worse when it is told and not true.
Taney Tim

Cross Timbers, MO

#7 Aug 15, 2011
Seems as though this thread was started in Sept. of 2009. Wasn't that about the time he was injured in a fall?
Trusting

Branson, MO

#8 Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for pointing out the date this thread was atarted. I didn't even notice that. I believe you are correct aboutit being 2009 when he had the horrible accident. So it must be that the thread popped up again for som reason .. or the fact that his partner at Gilleys just passed away. Just very glad it was not Mickey.
Who may concern

United States

#9 Sep 5, 2011
Today is 09/05/11 & it is 9:08pm im watching a show and mikey is ALIVE!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need your help locals---- hotels with pools out... Wed Bag of Bones 2
Steal Your Dollar City treats employees like CRAP (May '10) Tue Realistic 19
Eric Eighty is anti family May 23 missmykids 1
How to Lubricate Springs on Garage Doors (Mar '13) May 23 William 22
Keith Edwards for Taney County Sheriff May 20 Michael Jessup 4
Blacks in branson May 18 grave digger 16
BODY ATTACHMENTS-What does this mean? (Nov '12) May 18 Sassymom101 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branson Mortgages