Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
See Clinic Mgr

Branson, MO

#23 Feb 4, 2012
I love Branson Clinic more and more I do not have to drive to Fay or MTV as often and now when I have to go there I appreciate Branson even more --They know me and always take great care of me..I hope they grow would love to have Dentist there
medical examiner

Branson, MO

#25 Feb 7, 2012
The VA are notorious pill pushers. We see vets addicted to pills everyday DEAD, because the VA gives narcotics instead of treating the symptoms. I am glad to see a doctor actually saying no, I am not going to throw pills at the problem. The VA does not have the same rules as civilian pharmacys they can give 6 months of pain killers to a vet many of which should not have them. Some of these vet sell their oxys or percs and can make 10K for a six month supply. Now of course this is a very few. Our vets deserve the best and pain killers are a necessity in many circumstances, but are we doing a service to our vets by continously giving them pills and not trying to fix their pain and not just cover up the problem. Long term use of pain killers puts a body to sleep, all of the organs slow down and are damaged just like long term use of alcohol. For those who have cronic pain there is physical therapy, massage, acupunture, natural remedies with nutrician therapy. Some on here complaining sound like drug-seakers and that is probably why they were told no.
See Clinic Mgr

Branson, MO

#26 Feb 28, 2012
If you want a good team go to Team 3 if possible, Vickie,Kim and Dr Hutchison are the greatest. Vickie answers the phone and she returns your call, Kim (our nurse-truly a great nurse) and Dr Hutchison is a real doctor not one that says here take a pill go away truly wants whats best for you. I love team 3--They rock!
Anonymous

Branson, MO

#27 Mar 6, 2012
We love the Branson Clinic -- I hope it continues to grow and grow --for all of you who complain go to Fayetteville leave our great clinic -- we do not want you --you just bitch and bitch
Shannon Morga

Mansfield, MO

#28 Mar 12, 2012
I love my boyfriends doc though the "va" system, Dr E Dean, she is very awsome, carring, heartfelt and listnes and cares and tries to help him always by givin him information and listiong!!! My boyfriend is a vet from the navy after 7 year of service , who developed type 1 dabeties!! most say he sould not get benifits, but i really disagree!!most of the time stress can cause a onset of dabeties, it is not something they tested for and it was not something that was happening in his family, but we are super glad for the help, test supplys and respected information about how to deal with his type 1 diabetes though the 'va' is very much appreciated, maybe we got a get diatition! but she has helped him so much!! she understands and cares! Miss pippa is awsome!!
Anonymous

Branson, MO

#30 Mar 14, 2012
medical examiner wrote:
The VA are notorious pill pushers. W
e see vets addicted to pills everyday DEAD, because the VA gives narcotics instead of treating the symptoms. I am glad to see a doctor actually saying no, I am not going to throw pills at the problem. The VA does not have the same rules as civilian pharmacys they can give 6 months of pain killers to a vet many of which should not have them. Some of these vet sell their oxys or percs and can make 10K for a six month supply. Now of course this is a very few. Our vets deserve the best and pain killers are a necessity in many circumstances, but are we doing a service to our vets by continously giving them pills and not trying to fix their pain and not just cover up the problem. Long term use of pain killers puts a body to sleep, all of the organs slow down and are damaged just like long term use of alcohol. For those who have cronic pain there is physical therapy, massage, acupunture, natural remedies with nutrician therapy. Some on here complaining sound like drug-seakers and that is probably why they were told no.
I agree but I have sit in the Branson Clinic over the 2 yrs and have heard my fellow VETS talk to the Front Desk and the girls in the back bitching they want their pain meds and I calling FAY if I do not get them --I feel for the employees at the clinic they really try to take care of us and get treated with no respect --they should through out VETS when they act like that at any VA but they know if they raise hell they get what they want --that is not right
Donkey

Branson, MO

#31 Mar 23, 2012
I find this interesting. We moved here about a year ago and the treatment is not as good as it was in Columbia, Mo. We keep being told to use our Tricare for Cardiologist. The dental care is even worse ( which is actually in Fayetteville, AR. On the other hand the Neurologist and Neurosurgeon are 110% better than Columbia. When we moved from Columbia, my husband's primary doctor had him all set up with all of the areas he needed and was being seen on regular visit and monitored closely. Only Neurology is on top of things here.
We did not receive great care in Columbia at first, but after speaking with the Patient Representative, the red carpet was rolled out for the next 5 years.
So, I am in the process of making an appt with the patient rep here and Fayetteville. I think all veterans should receive quality care where ever they live and this is my soapbox that I will ride til the end. I have contacted Ike Skelton in the past and will not hesitate to contact Vicki Hartzler (who took Ike's place) if the meeting does not go well and my husband is not told something other than use your TriCare.
I would urge all of you to contact your patient rep if treatment is not of quality. Because you deserve it. If no positive results achieved, I urge you to call your Representative...Vicki Hartzler is on the Military board.
ER Nurse

Branson, MO

#32 Jun 22, 2012
Nobody goes through "extreme" back pain for 2 weeks. There is certainly a difference in treating acute pain vs chronic pain. Narcotics is not the treatment of chronic pain any longer, hasn't been for a long time. That's why so many pain clinics have jumped up all over the country, too many doctors had prescribed narcotics for chronic pain and now the new generation of doctors have to deal with the addictions. It's not fair to either side. Good luck!
Gunner

Sparta, MO

#33 Jun 22, 2012
Sounds like some of the complaints are from sick bay commandos. I've never had a problem with any doctors there except for one and was ble to transfer to a different team. As far as their mental health dept there, it's awesome and a remarkable ptsd counselor.
Branson Turn around

Saint Augustine, FL

#36 Jan 30, 2013
I sure hope Branson VA clinic gets back to the way it was when it first open --wanting to help the VETS not try to turn them away. Some teams do not even return your phone calls or just say I did not get it --wake up --you could lose your job! Need better managers
Navy

Branson, MO

#37 Jan 31, 2013
Ok, I retired out of the Navy with combat disability in 1976. The VA hospitals used to be a joke. Dirty long lines, ect. However, In the las ten years alot has been done. The Branson VA is new clean and the people are really polite. I recieved two appointments, testing , lab work, and prescriptions that the co pay, would have been $25 alone. Then they sent me to the hearing clinic, and vison. All of the staff were very cool, calm , and respectful. I think it is the best deal ever. So I get a bill from them for $12 bucks! I feel guilty all of this treatment for 12? I will stop by and make a donation to the DAV, next time I am there. I dont know about the other guys problem, but in this area pain pills have done some serious damage to the community, like kids dying. So health care folks are very wary of it. And should be.
warning to all

Cleveland, OH

#39 May 22, 2013
I have resently found out my father, a vietnam veteran, been diagnosed with ptsd in 1986, and has hospitalized for suicidal thoughts and attempts has NEVER had a couseler, these doctors at the brandson va have just been doping my father up on antidepressant medication for the last 20hour years. Yes the last 20 years! They never asked him if he would like to see a cousler. If some douchbag that works at the brandson va would like to respond, please respond with your address because i can not get the last 20 years of my fathers life back.
howdy

United States

#41 May 26, 2013
warning to all wrote:
I have resently found out my father, a vietnam veteran, been diagnosed with ptsd in 1986, and has hospitalized for suicidal thoughts and attempts has NEVER had a couseler, these doctors at the brandson va have just been doping my father up on antidepressant medication for the last 20hour years. Yes the last 20 years! They never asked him if he would like to see a cousler. If some douchbag that works at the brandson va would like to respond, please respond with your address because i can not get the last 20 years of my fathers life back.
Branson didn't have a VA clinic twenty years ago.
Gwen Obrock

Springfield, MO

#42 Jul 31, 2013
we have been with Mt. Vernon out pt clinic since 1988. we've had the same great Dr. and nurse the whole time. My husband is more than the last 4 digits of his social number please consider them if you are in driving distance and able.
missourikid

Branson, MO

#43 Dec 29, 2013
Dr. Allen will not give anything but tramadol no matter how bad the pain. Hopefully you can go some place else to get some relief. He will just let you suffer. Piss poor Dr.
Jeremy

Branson, MO

#45 Jan 2, 2014
I am happy with the service. As a Vet I have seen a very steady improvement in the VA in the last 30 years.

Since: Jan 14

Nixa, MO

#46 Jan 11, 2014
Back in May 2013 I was notified by my PCP Dr. Lippert at the Branson VA Clinic that the Medical Director at the VA Hosp Fayetteville, Ark. a Dr. Mark Enderle, had issued a memo to all in to all clinics that this Hosp covered and that was to reduce all veterans Pain medications to a level to coincide with some formula and the reason for this was to reduce the Depression, Suicidal Thoughts, decreased drive to breathe, risk of seizures, impotence and changes in heart rate and while none of these affected me I was still included. They are offering alternative therapies like chiropractic, acupuncture, physical therapy therapeutic exercise, cognitive behavioral therapy, and biofeedback. I have been on this particular pain medication for the past 15 years now at a level that has finally worked and make my life bearable but now the reduction only raises my level of pain and when I call in for a refill they ask what my level of pain is. I am a 100% disabled veteran with multiple disabilities and also receive Aid and Attendance at the "M" rate so I need assistance in everything I do including bathroom tours, I can do nothing by myself and my poor wife is not equipped to deal with this so I have someone coming in to help. I was on pain management back in 2002 and was put on Methadone but prior to that I had been on every pain med available and none of them worked as effective as this medication. One I only have to take it once a day and not every 4 to 6 hours, it is a long lasting med and two it hits the pain and makes my it easier on me. I cannot stand or walk and have an electric wheelchair. In 1971 our helicopter crashed and I broke my back in 5 places and it has hurt all these years but I just dealt with it but now that I have gotten older it has gotten out of control and when they say chronic pain I fit the description. I have never once had a problem with my medication and have always abided by the contract and passed all urine screens so I don't know why they are so hellbent on reducing my medications that have worked so well all these years. For some reason they just can't stand it unless they are writing a memo or policy screwing with peoples lives, makes them feel important and try to get a straight answer from any of them. I have always like my Doctor but he will not stand up and I know there are always exceptions to the rule. As I asked him what about someone who has stage 4 cancer and on a high dose of narcotics what are you going to say to this person..sorry guy but we have to reduce you because of this memo, you'll have to get by on a lesser amount that will do you no good. My thought has been either I will be addicted to narcotics or I will be in chronic pain, so I chose deal with the addiction to the medication, my choice. The VA is suppose to treat me with what works for me, not their feel good policy. I cannot leave my house alone, I need help getting in my wheelchair and out, I urinate in a bag and smell like it too, yet they will set an appt. and I have to find someone to bring me which 99% of the time it falls through but they act like I can jump and run. My last refill he dropped me 86 pills at one time, I can't believe this I am thinking it is a mistake, surely he wouldn't do that to me as it will make me sick as hell but I am waiting on a response if that was his intention. Anyway hope it works out but my luck it won't. I need to find a pain clinic in Springfield, MO.
Has anyone heard of this Memo or Policy coming out of Branson or Fayetteville or any other VA Clinc in the area, Mt. Vernon perhaps?? I have thought about transferring to Mt. Vernon, the distance is about the same. Let me know if there really is a policy or they are blowing smoke up my A**.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 7 min That Girl 53 1,810
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 15 min REAL AMERICAN PAT... 97,045
Church services 5 hr VIsitor 1
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 7 hr stupid bills for ... 6,930
Milking Mares for MILK is Big Business Now (Sep '08) 11 hr Stud Mare Milker 17
Who is the best Tattoo Shop/ Tattoo artist in B... (May '10) 15 hr Eric labanowski 68
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 15 hr neveratfault 223
•••
•••
Branson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Branson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••