Muslim In the OutHouse

Branson, MO

#92646 Dec 31, 2013
‘LOOKS LIKE WEIMAR GERMANY’: THE VIRAL PHOTO OUT OF CONNECTICUT THAT’S GIVING SOME GUN OWNERS CHILLS

A now-viral photo showing a long line of Connecticut residents waiting to register their guns and ammo is circulating across the Internet — and it’s sending chills down the backs of some gun owners.

Connecticut gun owners are rushing to register certain firearms and ammunition that will be considered illegal contraband in the new year.

Under a wide-ranging gun control law passed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, they have until Tuesday to submit the paperwork with the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

“Holy crap. Looks like Weimar Germany,” Twitter user @votermom said of the photo.

“Another disgusting picture from Connecticut ...men waiting in line to register guns with the government,” user @chipwoods commented.

“First, they came for the guns,”@PaulRReyes added.

“Life is too short to live in a state that does this to its residents,” Twitter user @lancemfisher declared.

And there are plenty more comments where that came from.

State police say they’ve had people lining up early in the morning to turn in applications to keep high-capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds and guns considered assault weapons under the new law.

While the Connecticut Citizens Defense League believes the law is unconstitutional, it has been reminding gun owners of the deadline to make sure they don’t become felons on Jan. 1.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/31/lo...
Muslim In the OutHouse

Branson, MO

#92647 Dec 31, 2013
STUDY REVEALS WHAT RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY MIGHT BE DOING FOR THE HUMAN BRAIN
Religious people may have a whole new reason for joy in their lives: A study has found evidence that spirituality might help protect the human brain against depression.

“Our beliefs and our moods are reflected in our brain and with new imaging techniques we can begin to see this,” Dr. Myrna Weissman, one of the study’s authors and a psychiatry and epidemiology professor at Columbia University, told Reuters.“The brain is an extraordinary organ. It not only controls, but is controlled by our moods.”

In an article published in the JAMA Psychiatry journal on Dec. 25, the researchers explained that the cortex, the brain’s outer layer, may hold some keys to combating depression.

“A thicker cortex associated with a high importance of religion or spirituality may confer resilience to the development of depressive illness in individuals at high familial risk for major depression, possibly by expanding a cortical reserve that counters to some extent the vulnerability that cortical thinning poses for developing familial depressive illness,” reads an abstract for the study.

This basically means that those who were at high risk — but who said that religion or spirituality were important in their lives — generally had a thicker cortex than those at high risk who did not care as much about religion or spirituality.

It’s just one study, and shows only a correlating — not a causal — relationship between spirituality and depression risk. Still, it suggests that faith could be a factor in protecting some people who might be at increased risk of depression, though it doesn’t offer evidence that a thicker cortex actually leads one to be more likely to embrace faith or religion.

“Importance of religion or spirituality, but not frequency of (church) attendance, was associated with thicker cortices in the left and right parietal and occipital regions, the mesial frontal lobe of the right hemisphere, and the cuneus and precuneus in the left hemisphere, independent of familial risk,” the study’s abstract continued.“In addition, the effects of importance on cortical thickness were significantly stronger in the high-risk than in the low-risk group, particularly along the mesial wall of the left hemisphere, in the same region where we previously reported a significant thinner cortex associated with a familial risk of developing depressive illness.”

As Reuters noted, this research comes after these same experts previously found that people who claimed to be spiritual or religious had a lower risk of depression. They also found that people at higher risk for depression had thinning cortices when compared to those with lower risk.

To obtain the latest results, researchers asked 103 adults aged 18 to 54 about the importance of religiosity or spirituality in their lives; they were also asked how often they attended church over a five-year period. Participants’ brains were also analyzed to look at the thickness of the cortices.

Participants were children or grandchildren of people who had participated in the earlier study on depression.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/31/st...
Shep

Farmington, MO

#92648 Dec 31, 2013
Assurance of Salvation

Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#92649 Dec 31, 2013
Oh Really wrote:
<quoted text>
To suggest that all scientist are left wing loons is a bit ludicrous don't you think. That is like saying the sky is purple, even though you know damn well it is blue. Do you know any of those scientists? No you don't. Do you know their political affiliations? No you don't. So why do you continually make an ass out of yourself on a public thread? Because you cannot deal with facts at all, can ya? And you call us loons? Yeah Right, Maxipad!
You favorite liberal station CNN,talk about stupid left wing liberal envionmental loons::

The 74 people stranded on a ship caught in Antarctic ice are still in good spirits, reports CNN. And in a bit of cognitive dissonance as well, as it has been revealed that the purpose of their mission was to study how climate change is melting polar ice caps. "We're stuck in our own experiment," said expedition leader Chris Turney.

ha,ha,a,ha,ha,,a,ha,ha,ha,ha
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#92650 Dec 31, 2013
Happy EVERYTHING wrote:
<quoted text>
?????
Savannah = Toxic ANGRY Vagina
Game Point
Typical anti-feminist liberal loon!

Left wing, liberal, Demonrats are for expansive/intrusive government.
They are anti-religious freedoms.
They are racist .
They are Anti-feminism.
They are the economic terrorists of the middle class.
They are the environmental loons.
They are anti- prosperity and growth.
They are evolving gay activists.
They are the destroyers of patriotic pride.

But they are just a minority and the new Republicans have a foothold to take over in 2014 and
Clinton-Obama agenda

United States

#92651 Dec 31, 2013
Oh Really wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Your Fault is rather Toxic himself. Everytime I post to Savannah, he/she replies to my posts like the rabid little topix troll he/she is. It would be great if these republican tightie righties could respond without changing the subject because they have no evidence or documentation to back up all the wild ideologies they spew out.
Maybe Its Your Fault is a real he/she. lol
FREAKY
The left knows they can't compete with conservative arguments about the economy and foreign policy.
Park Hills IS Flat River

Saint Louis, MO

#92652 Jan 1, 2014
Muslim In the OutHouse wrote:
Religious people may have a whole new reason for joy in their lives: A study has found evidence that spirituality might help protect the human brain against depression.
“Our beliefs and our moods are reflected in our brain and with new imaging techniques we can begin to see this,” Dr. Myrna Weissman, one of the study’s authors and a psychiatry and epidemiology professor at Columbia University, told Reuters.“The brain is an extraordinary organ. It not only controls, but is controlled by our moods.”
In an article published in the JAMA Psychiatry journal on Dec. 25, the researchers explained that the cortex, the brain’s outer layer, may hold some keys to combating depression.
“A thicker cortex associated with a high importance of religion or spirituality may confer resilience to the development of depressive illness in individuals at high familial risk for major depression, possibly by expanding a cortical reserve that counters to some extent the vulnerability that cortical thinning poses for developing familial depressive illness,” reads an abstract for the study.
This basically means that those who were at high risk — but who said that religion or spirituality were important in their lives — generally had a thicker cortex than those at high risk who did not care as much about religion or spirituality.
It’s just one study, and shows only a correlating — not a causal — relationship between spirituality and depression risk. Still, it suggests that faith could be a factor in protecting some people who might be at increased risk of depression, though it doesn’t offer evidence that a thicker cortex actually leads one to be more likely to embrace faith or religion.
“Importance of religion or spirituality, but not frequency of (church) attendance, was associated with thicker cortices in the left and right parietal and occipital regions, the mesial frontal lobe of the right hemisphere, and the cuneus and precuneus in the left hemisphere, independent of familial risk,” the study’s abstract continued.“In addition, the effects of importance on cortical thickness were significantly stronger in the high-risk than in the low-risk group, particularly along the mesial wall of the left hemisphere, in the same region where we previously reported a significant thinner cortex associated with a familial risk of developing depressive illness.”
As Reuters noted, this research comes after these same experts previously found that people who claimed to be spiritual or religious had a lower risk of depression. They also found that people at higher risk for depression had thinning cortices when compared to those with lower risk.
To obtain the latest results, researchers asked 103 adults aged 18 to 54 about the importance of religiosity or spirituality in their lives; they were also asked how often they attended church over a five-year period. Participants’ brains were also analyzed to look at the thickness of the cortices.
Participants were children or grandchildren of people who had participated in the earlier study on depression.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/31/st...
Troll! Copy & Paste
Park Hills IS Flat River

Saint Louis, MO

#92653 Jan 1, 2014
ABullshiterZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll! Copy & Paste
http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/boundless-...
As I said ...
Keep Rolling back the CONservaTROLL Darkness...all you Progressive posters are doing the GREAT work of the Lord...
Keep spreading the Truth and Good News.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ...
God Bless

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#92654 Jan 1, 2014
Not my fault wrote:
<quoted text> ... The debt has been around for a long time. Bush played his role, but Obama has incurred 7 trillion in 5 years which is more than all previous Presidents combined. I know... it's not Obama's fault it's it's it's the Republicans,...
It appears that you do not understand debt servicing. Take an accounting course and come back when you are better educated.
Park Hills IS Flat River

Saint Louis, MO

#92655 Jan 1, 2014
ABZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll! Copy & Paste
http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/boundless-...
Celebrate
I celebrate life!

New beginnings are cause for celebration. Like the rising sun shining bright in the eastern sky, a fresh start is reason to rejoice. As we celebrate, we let go of the past and embrace the present. We discover a new opportunity to awaken to the power of Spirit within.

Some celebrations are filled with cheers, songs, and shouts of encouragement; while others are quiet, like the blossoming of a flower. I celebrate life as a continuous learning experience, a gift of growth and expansion from a loving God.

I acknowledge and revere life’s varied celebrations. Joyous in the eternal power and love of God, I celebrate all of life!

I will cause your name to be celebrated in all generations; therefore the peoples will praise you forever and ever.—Psalm 45:17

#92656 Jan 1, 2014
Your Fault wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that your last 2 replies to me are way off topic from my original reply to Savannah. You went on a rant about how money is not governing when I was posting to Savannah about the republican's responsibility for lack of security the night our Embassy in Benghazi was attacked and 4 people died.
Savannah wrote:<quoted text>That is part of being a Democrat. Never take responsibility and always try to find someone else to blame your failures on. Trying to blame Benghazi on the house republicans is just another one of their desperate attempts to avoid responsibility for their failures. No one except the ones who subscribe to their line of thinking is going to believe that load of garbage. It was a failure on the part of the Obama administration and the Clinton state department. Nothing else. You need to quit dignifying this stuff with replies. To them that means they are getting their message out. Just ignore their blame nonsense. You know the truth. The real American people know the truth and that is all that matters.
After reading your sos, let's get down to facts, Savannah. Try this truth serum"
My reply to Savannah:
"House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security”— a charge Republicans rejected.
Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security." Mother Jones
Yep, your Darrel Issa witch hunt against the Obama Administration over Benghazi is about to blow back into the Tea Party's face. If Hillary runs again, she will most definitely be sworn in January, 2017. Why? Because no republican can beat her in a general election. And your obstructionist, Ted Cruze, can't run for president, because he was born in Canada.
Whoooo Eeeeee! You sure know how to cut "Not my fault" of Rock Port, MO down to size.

I "Judge" your comment "Brilliant" ... "Agree" ... "Helpful" ... "Cuts Rock Port Down"

#92657 Jan 1, 2014
<quoted text>
IT ONLY TOOK 15 MONTHS FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPELL BENGHAZI
“First of all, I want to congratulate The New York Times. It only took 15 months for them to figure out how to spell Benghazi,” Gowdy said in an interview on Fox News.“So, in another 15 months, maybe their reporting will actually catch up with the truth.”...
http://www.theblaze.co n
ROFL! So "The Blaze" thinks it knows how to spell "Benghazi"! Ah, hahahahahahaha!

That's about as significant as "The Blaze" ever gets -- arguing about how to spell a word. They aren't smart enough to discuss anything else.

==> Benghazi, or Bengasi -- The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language

#92658 Jan 1, 2014
Happy EVERYTHING wrote:
Boundless
I grow boundlessly in Christ Consciousness.
As a spiritual being, I am not bound by the past. Every day is a new beginning. Each new year brings boundless opportunities for growing in Christ Consciousness as I deepen my relationship with God.
I gratefully release the past, appreciating all that contributed to my current spiritual awareness. With expectancy, I turn my thoughts to the riches of the coming year.
I aspire to live a Christ-centered life. Whatever my possessions or social status, my wealth is found in kindness, forgiveness, and wholeness. I seek first the kingdom of God, and I am enfolded in boundless Christ Love. With heart and mind open, I give and receive boundless riches in the coming new year!
This grace was given to me to bring to the Gentiles the news of the boundless riches of Christ.—Ephesians 3:8
Keep Rolling back the CONservative Darkness...all you Progressive posters are doing the GREAT work of the Lord...
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ...
God Bless
"Keep Rolling back the CONservative Darkness... all you Progressive posters are doing the GREAT work of the Lord...
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ..."

Heh!

#92659 Jan 1, 2014
‘LOOKS LIKE WEIMAR GERMANY’: THE VIRAL PHOTO OUT OF CONNECTICUT THAT’S GIVING SOME GUN OWNERS CHILLS
A now-viral photo showing a long line of Connecticut residents waiting to register their guns and ammo is circulating across the Internet — and it’s sending chills down the backs of some gun owners....
Sure, "OutHouse"! It doesn't take much to scare you conservatives with your large amygdalas.

#92660 Jan 1, 2014
Religious people may have a whole new reason for joy in their lives: A study has found evidence that spirituality might help protect the human brain against depression....
7 out of 10 religious people have savings in the banks, as protection against depression.

OH, WAIT, "OutHouse"! You are forgetting that the banks FAIL during a depression!

#92661 Jan 1, 2014
Shep wrote:
Assurance of Salvation
Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
"Shep," I always liked the smell of "Clovering Salve."

#92662 Jan 1, 2014
Woops! "Cloverine"!

#92663 Jan 1, 2014
Clinton-Obama agenda wrote:
<quoted text> ...
But they are just a minority and the new Republicans have a foothold to take over in 2014 and
... and WHAT? Did you lose your "foothold" and fall without completing your thought?

Typical.

#92664 Jan 1, 2014
Clinton-Obama agenda wrote:
<quoted text>
The left knows they can't compete with conservative arguments about the economy and foreign policy.
You conservatives prove the saying, "Only the closed-minded know everything."

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-ha...
Need donations

Piggott, AR

#92665 Jan 1, 2014
I need help from global warming activists. Scientists have discovered that a dangerous liquid called dihydrogen monoxide is contributing to global warming and I'm taking donations to further the study. Any takers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Underwood Sentenced today in Springfield 47 min Guess_who 34
TV Review: 'Branson Famous' 9 hr Flowerlady 23
Corruption at ALL levels of Taney County (May '12) Wed Ozarky 14
#2-My Girlfriend let her sister Pee on Me (Apr '13) Wed dave 2
Centurylink Mar 3 dude they r pitiful 1
Man Arrested For Stranglling 6-year-old Girl In... Feb 28 good mommy 2
Anywhere to get K2, K3, or Spice? (Nov '10) Feb 28 just sayin 37
Branson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Branson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:35PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip
Bleacher Report10:29 PM
How Should St. Louis Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NFL 8:29 AM
Chiefs will cut Dwayne Bowe if they cannot trade him
Bleacher Report 8:32 AM
Report: Chiefs Expected to Part Ways with Dwayne Bowe