Crime in Branson
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Luvs2fish

Indianola, MS

#1 May 4, 2007
Oh I forgot we are NOT to talk about the crime in Branson. Don't want the truth get out and scare the tourist.
Kawamech

Indianola, MS

#2 Jul 3, 2007
I agree, if the tourist knew how many hotels get robbed, cars get stolen, people get beat, punk kids with guns,...OMG it is a American town..
Luvs2fish

Indianola, MS

#3 Jul 3, 2007
by Greg Brock - July 3, 2007

A reward is now being offered for the arrest and conviction of a man wanted in Branson and Springfield for armed robberies. The Greater Area Springfield Crime Stoppers is looking for Bradley Fortner. He's wanted in Taney County on first-degree armed robbery and second-degree burglary in connection to two incidents at the TCBY and a home in Branson. He's also believed to have robbed a bank in Springfield recently. Fortner has been known to use the middle name of Lynn as well as Lee. He has tattoos on his back, chest and both arms. He's 31-years-old, 5-8, white, has very short brown hair and brown eyes. Fortner weighs about 175 pounds and is stocky. Anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers at 417-869-TIPS... or go on - line to www.tipsubmit.com ... you don't have to have to give your name.

Happens everyday around here. OOPS.
Luvs2fish

Indianola, MS

#4 Jul 3, 2007
by Greg Brock - July 3, 2007

On Saturday the Mountain Home - Arkansas Police Department and the Baxter County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call about a woman who had left work and was being watched and followed by her husband whom she was currently in the process of a divorce with and had a valid order of protection against. There had been many calls in reference to this matter but the male subject would flee the area prior to officer’s arrival. Again, the male subject left the area prior to the officer’s arrival. A Mountain Home officer proceeded to follow the woman home to ensure her safety and just as the woman left the city limits, the male subject appeared and began following the female subject. The officer stopped him and was joined by a deputy to arrest him for violating that restraining order. As officers checked the man's vehicle, they discovered a video camera, letters to his wife and the judge that were graphic in nature, a disposal camera, and a picture of his wife was located in the passenger seat with a box knife sitting on top of it. Due to the items located and the numerous reports of appearances at the female subjects work, Baxter County Investigations was contacted and interviewed the man. He admitted to showing up at her work to see her while she was leaving on numerous occasions, going by her residence, video taping her, entering her vehicle with a spare key, and taking pictures of her. The letters that were located were threatening in nature and caused concern as to the intent of the box knife. 24-year-old Jacob Leroy Scheuerman was arrested and charged with Violation of an Order of Protection and Stalking in the First Degree, a Class B Felony. He was transported to the Baxter County Detention Center and his bond was set at $11,000.00.

Luvs2fish

Indianola, MS

#5 Jul 3, 2007
Man faces hearing on robbery attempts

A Rockaway Beach man charged in connection with two Branson robbery attempts now faces a May 17 court hearing.
Wesley D. Ozbirn, 19, is charged with first-degree and second-degree robbery.

Authorities said a suspect demanded a woman's purse at knifepoint in two separate incidents Feb. 17 at Branson shopping center parking lots.
Ancestor_Hunter

Victoria, TX

#7 Jul 5, 2007
OMG!!! 65 Violent crimes in Branson!!!! Run for the hills!!

ROFLMAO!! You folks have no idea what a "crime ridden" city really is! I moved here from Detroit, and in comparison this is PARADISE!!! 65 Violent crimes in a year?? Detroit gets more than that in a day.......as well as homicides!!
Count your blessings, folks!
Black And Proud

Indianola, MS

#8 Jul 7, 2007
Can't blame the crime on us black folks.
Ancestor_Hunter

Victoria, TX

#9 Jul 7, 2007
Who said anything about black folks? Are you just looking to start a racial argument?
TonySoprano

Indianola, MS

#10 Jul 8, 2007
According to KY3 news tonight in Springfield, Branson made the top 100 MOST DANGEROUS cities in the US, at number 35, right behind Detroit.
TonySoprano

Indianola, MS

#11 Jul 8, 2007
Ancestor_Hunter wrote:
OMG!!! 65 Violent crimes in Branson!!!! Run for the hills!!
ROFLMAO!! You folks have no idea what a "crime ridden" city really is! I moved here from Detroit, and in comparison this is PARADISE!!! 65 Violent crimes in a year?? Detroit gets more than that in a day.......as well as homicides!!
Count your blessings, folks!
According to KY3 news tonight in Springfield, Branson made the top 100 MOST DANGEROUS cities in the US, at number 35, right behind Detroit.
Ancestor_Hunter

Victoria, TX

#12 Jul 8, 2007
http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#25

Detroit is #2, not #33. It would be amazing if Detroit dropped down to #33. And if you can read well enough to check the list, Branson isn't even on the list.

Springfield is #123 safest,#200 most dangerous and there's a damn sight more crime in Springfield than there is in Branson.

So get your facts straight, would ya??
Branson Edge

Branson, MO

#14 Jul 8, 2007
Hmm. I've written a few crime stories for Branson papers I don't really think there is a coverup, but I'm starting to publish crime reports regularly now.
http://bransonmissouri.blogspot.com
http://bransonedge.com
witchypoo

Redmond, WA

#16 Jul 9, 2007
Branson is a wonderful place and I go there about 5 times a year.You want to talk about crime,try living in St Louis. We go to Branson and travel into Arkansas for our vacation and we love it.Silver Dollar City is also wonderful.We buy season passes every year.Shad Heller was alot of fun and a very sweet man.I look up to Rose ONeill.She was a woman ahead of her time.The Kewpies she created brought joy to everyone.I like the fountains at the Branson Landing,but thats it.Every store you see is in every shopping mall across the USA.
Steve

Indianola, MS

#17 Jul 9, 2007
Luvs2fish wrote:
Oh I forgot we are NOT to talk about the crime in Branson. Don't want the truth get out and scare the tourist.
Their kids scare me more.
Ancestor_Hunter

Victoria, TX

#18 Jul 9, 2007
I will agree that Branson Landing didn't need to be built. Branson already couldn't handle the traffic it had, then they build the Landing to attract more tourists. There's nothing Branson-like about the Landing. It's a generic shopping mall you can find anywhere in America. With unemployed kids hanging out, just like they do at any other mall across America.......which brings purse snatchings and other petty crimes.
Not to mention the way it blocks the view of the waterfront.
Branson Edge

United States

#19 Jul 10, 2007
Branson Crime Stats 2005-2006

http://bransonmissouri.blogspot.com/2006/12/b...
Taney Co Ole Man

Havana, AR

#20 Jul 10, 2007
I put this on Branson Forum twice about the Most Dangerous Cities only to have the blog owner take them right off. You know we don't want to scare the tourist. Doesn't matter if they get mugged, just so they don't stop spending money. Its kinda' like the show they put on for the Veterans. The City doesn't give a hoot about Veterans, but they sure give a hoot about Veterans MONEY.

The Branson Forum blogspot is a phony. Just put something on there a little controversial and watch it disappear just as soon as you hit "enter".
Ancestor_Hunter

Victoria, TX

#21 Jul 10, 2007
Taney Co Ole Man wrote:
The City doesn't give a hoot about Veterans, but they sure give a hoot about Veterans MONEY.
That's so right!! Every year big ol' "Veteran's Homecoming" 'The Welcome Home You Never Had'.........but you gotta pay for it!! WTF???
My husband is a Vietnam Veteran and he refuses to have anything to do with this phoney-baloney ripoff!
Steve

Indianola, MS

#22 Jul 10, 2007
Taney Co Ole Man wrote:
I put this on Branson Forum twice about the Most Dangerous Cities only to have the blog owner take them right off. You know we don't want to scare the tourist. Doesn't matter if they get mugged, just so they don't stop spending money. Its kinda' like the show they put on for the Veterans. The City doesn't give a hoot about Veterans, but they sure give a hoot about Veterans MONEY.
The Branson Forum blogspot is a phony. Just put something on there a little controversial and watch it disappear just as soon as you hit "enter".
I hear ya. A wannabe "reporter" His blog should win JOKE of the year.
The Truth

Lake Charles, LA

#23 Jul 11, 2007
Thanks Tony Steve.
I will be sure to stay away from that trashy side of the crime ridden part of town where Branson 2 for 1 Ticket outlet is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 7 hr Guest 939
My son Brett Wakefield pedophile-child molester (Dec '12) 8 hr Pershing School 16
Where is the ghetto in Branson Missouri? (Jan '13) Mar 20 Happy Resident 13
Little Kids that are murdered by people. Mar 18 AndAllofUs 2
Finally... the jig is up for Tony Williams Mar 16 Judge Cuck 9
Recycling Mar 16 Rudi 1
craigslist lady has this little problem NEED UR... (Dec '11) Mar 16 grave digger 10

Branson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branson Mortgages