Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Just wanted to know if any of you go to the Jim Bakker MorningSide Church(TV show) whatever it is called?

Just wanted to know how you all feel out there, Jim Bakker selling food buckets, sleep bands, and jewlrey???

He says at the end of this year (2010)bad things will happend in America,(we have made it so far,is he the only one that has a revelation of bad things, I think not) and he says he has some information, and if he told all of us, he would be arrested! that sounds strange to me. We all know its bad times, but to sell food buckets and sleep bands and watches, what for? there are more important things to give your money to or save it if we are heading for the end, we won't have need for any of these things.
Yes I believe that Jesus will come again, but alot of prophecies have still not come to pass. Yes it is bad in America and many countries are in a mess. But I would like to know if any on you attend the TV show Jim Bakker,in Branson mO.? does he explain why he is selling junk? he doesn't answer any of my emails. It looks like only seniors and elderly attend his show, only a handful of young go there. What does Jim Bakker know that would put him arrested(again)he is a false prophet? he Knows that the elderly are up in years and if the churches don't get the young in church now started, to give, in ten years there will be no churches, with "No Souls" + no money means no churches, they will fail.
That is why you see many, many churches now having days and some evening worships for the young, with pop music, they need to attract them. When they should be believing that God will always supply, but they are scared, times are changing and the false church leaders, prophets will be exposed.
give me some answers out there about this Jim Bakker.
Could this be the meaning of the "Great Falling Away". I don't know.
Bag of Bones

Mansfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

I wouldn't walk across the street to see ANY of these so-called evangelists, even if they were giving away the shyte for FREE.

It's the same song - different day;

"I can talk to God I tell you. He confides in me. He tells me secrets, of events yet to occur. Oh - and he wants ME to sell YOU this shyte. He wants you to have it - but since he's busy elsewhere just write the check out to me." AMEN!

Religions - all of them - are a ruse to pacify the masses. Life
( on occasion ) is full of hardships, suffering, hard times, pain, depression - and religions were developed to give those poor people HOPE. This life sucks? No problem my friend - I offer you a better one, all you have to do to get it is ...die.

You have ONE life - best get to living it and stop HOPING for some fantasy of eternal peace. If you dream of some god that is going to vanquish your ememies and give you 72 virgins - you my friend need professional help.
Faraway Citizen

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

Bag of Bones wrote:
I wouldn't walk across the street to see ANY of these so-called evangelists, even if they were giving away the shyte for FREE.
It's the same song - different day;
"I can talk to God I tell you. He confides in me. He tells me secrets, of events yet to occur. Oh - and he wants ME to sell YOU this shyte. He wants you to have it - but since he's busy elsewhere just write the check out to me." AMEN!
Religions - all of them - are a ruse to pacify the masses. Life
( on occasion ) is full of hardships, suffering, hard times, pain, depression - and religions were developed to give those poor people HOPE. This life sucks? No problem my friend - I offer you a better one, all you have to do to get it is ...die.
You have ONE life - best get to living it and stop HOPING for some fantasy of eternal peace. If you dream of some god that is going to vanquish your ememies and give you 72 virgins - you my friend need professional help.
The latter part of your post is "A false religion"....Islam with a capital
"I", the people have been brained washed to believe that you can kill for God and he will still give you heaven with gifts.
Not true, a big fat lie...
It sounds like "Your life may suck" not life itself...It's your life you hate. Don't know what the problem is, you'll have to work it out one way or another, with or without God's help.
Bag of Bones

Mansfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

My life has been great, but that's because I made it so, not because some imaginary friend caused it to happen - but thanks for asking.

QUOTE: "Thats a big fat lie"

Interesting how each of the religious followers believe that ONLY THEIRS and that only THEIR GOD is the TRUE religion.

Mormons with their magic underware - believing that when they die they too will become a god and rule a planet of their own. Scientoligists following some kook ( Hubbard ) who's "religion" is ...how old? Muslums that believe that everyone else is a infidel and must convert or be killed?

Then we have you Christians - that believe that the earth is only 6000 years old, talking snakes, the ability to walk on water, survival in the belly of a whale, rising from the dead, a man gathered two of EVERY species of animal and floated around on a boat during a flood, which by the way - as it receeded carved the Grand Canyon ( in a month or two?)...and on and on.

If those stories were part of a night-time reader for children, the Brothers Grimm could not have done it better.

Religions have a purpose. They keep the masses passive and with a feelng of HOPE. Hope that no matter how bad life is, something better awaits. And indeed, some of the stories are well constructed for "civilized" life. The Ten Commandents certainly have a role to help guide people to get along with one another.

So cling to the fantasy if it gives you comfort, it's the reason it exists. Not unlike alcohol and drugs ...it will soothe you during your bad days.

Now be a good christian - and stop acting like because you bought into the fairy tale - anyone else is wrong or beneath you. When you and I die - we will both be dead. Till then - enjoy the ride.
Faraway Citizen

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Bag of Bones wrote:
My life has been great, but that's because I made it so, not because some imaginary friend caused it to happen - but thanks for asking.
QUOTE: "Thats a big fat lie"
Mormons with their magic underware - believing that when they die they too will become a god and rule a planet of their own. Scientoligists following some kook ( Hubbard ) who's "religion" is ...how old? Muslums that believe that everyone else is a infidel and must convert or be killed?
Then we have you Christians - that believe that the earth is only 6000 years old, talking snakes, the ability to walk on water, survival in the belly of a whale, rising from the dead, a man gathered two of EVERY species of animal and floated around on a boat during a flood, which by the way - as it receeded carved the Grand Canyon ( in a month or two?)...and on and on.
If those stories were part of a night-time reader for children, the Brothers Grimm could not have done it better.
Religions have a purpose. They keep the masses passive and with a feelng of HOPE. Hope that no matter how bad life is, something better awaits. And indeed, some of the stories are well constructed for "civilized" life. The Ten Commandents certainly have a role to help guide people to get along with one another.
So cling to the fantasy if it gives you comfort, it's the reason it exists. Not unlike alcohol and drugs ...it will soothe you during your bad days.
Now be a good christian - and stop acting like because you bought into the fairy tale - anyone else is wrong or beneath you. When you and I die - we will both be dead. Till then - enjoy the ride.
I think your confused, one time you post that God speaks to you, the next you are contrary to that, sorry but you can have a great life and still loose your soul, you can have everything on this earth and still have nothing and loose your soul. It's ok, it's your oppinion so you have your oppinion and I will take God's, I think I am safer. You may think your witty in your words, but they mean nothing to me or God. Good Luck you'll need it when the time comes.
knowitall

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

lori is now raising money to build loris house a place a home in the valley for the women that have abortions to save the babys and to minister to them both lori is a five time abortinist offerings are 1,000 any offering is great for the ministry i do have my own opinion of this i believe that
followers of this church are not gullible they are good hearted people that donate the money from a good place their looking at jim and lori in a good light thier not going to think about the bad their looking at only the good and believing what they say their believing every word of it their taking it in and believing it because thats what they say and their not going to call jim and lori liars
their going along with what jim says they are his lambs i can see in the future a suicide hotline lori is going to be taking calls on live tv off the ones that are broken hearted with troubled lives i have had my vision of this and i can see it happening this ministry will thrive in the new coming years do if from the heart but im not senindg a dime
Faraway Citizen

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

knowitall wrote:
lori is now raising money to build loris house a place a home in the valley for the women that have abortions to save the babys and to minister to them both lori is a five time abortinist offerings are 1,000 any offering is great for the ministry i do have my own opinion of this i believe that
followers of this church are not gullible they are good hearted people that donate the money from a good place their looking at jim and lori in a good light thier not going to think about the bad their looking at only the good and believing what they say their believing every word of it their taking it in and believing it because thats what they say and their not going to call jim and lori liars
their going along with what jim says they are his lambs i can see in the future a suicide hotline lori is going to be taking calls on live tv off the ones that are broken hearted with troubled lives i have had my vision of this and i can see it happening this ministry will thrive in the new coming years do if from the heart but im not senindg a dime
Let me explain something here regarding your post.
First of all Jim has no lambs, we are the lambs of "Jesus". Remember to always follow Jesus, not anyone, or any Bakkerrrr type.
If you or others do, when they fall, so will you.
Ministry will not thrive, because it's lead on a "Lie', a false testimony. Jim Bakker said it himself, he never read the Bible till he went to Prison.... that means all those years before, with PTL, it was a scam and a sham. People are guillable, they have honest integrity to give, but they are falsly lead into giving. Their hearts are right but they are giving to the "Elmer Gantry's of our time". They are as clever as the Devil himself, they have been taught well. Always pray and ask God for wisdom in where your hard earned money should go. The Big ministries, Mega Churches would not be around if it wasn't for people giving giving giving...
If they can't meet their own needs, then they need to get a job.
Why do you think the business of "Writing" and Selling Books is so popular? because it brings in millions of dollars... I used to fall into that trap many years ago(35 yrs) and I have learned carefully where and who my money goes to(it is scripture to support the gospel). I don't buy books anymore like I used too, I have 2 shelf books full of books and tapes I bought. I read the Bible and God gives me the wisdom to understand his word. God's word is not hard to understand, he didn't make it so we couldn't understand it and then have to resort to buying books to explain every verse. No that is not true, God's word is for the lost, and to the teaching and edification of the saved.
There is nothing wrong though with asking for help,(be careful) but the endless buying of booksssss, tapes, there is just something wrong about that. The selling of "Trinkits" is ludicrous!
but people like to get something back when they give, it shouldn't be tht way, but that's how people think.
Be careful about "Visions" of other people's lives!.
Faraway Citizen

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

knowitall wrote:
I hope you aren't calling me a "Know it all"?, because no one does know it all!. I am only posting what I see in the so called TV Christian Shows, what I see is not right, it's been going on for many years, just like Swaggart, he is still on TV, and one time I caught just the beginning of his show(before I turned it), he said, "If you don't buy this book you will be sorry". He never explained further. The pressure is on for money, they can't survive without your money. It's a ageless old game, that has gone on for generations. Some get caught and later return and get back on the pulpit, everyone forgives them and they continue.
Once in Orange County, I went to a Christian Convention, and the pracher(who now I forgot his name, he hung around with Bakker), said, "I believe there are several people in this audience that can give 1,000 dollars.... well some took the bait, and the couple setting next to me stood up and said we can give $1,000. I don't think they could,but the invitation to be a "Good Christian" is strong, and people want to have God proud of them. But where is the wisdom in that, I used to go to the "Famous Melodyland Christian Center", in Anaheim, CA. and I have seen it all.
Jesus warned us to be careful, seek his wisdom who you follow.
Pray for Wisdom, seek and follow Jesus only!, don't lift up anyone on a pedestal!. Look was is happening to the Chrystal Cathedral?
I also used to go there once in a while, when it was "2" pastors and then one left, and Dr.Shuller began his quest to build this monstrosity of a glass church(I used to call it the tower of Babal). He had patrons give money and in return, they would get their "Names" on their own piece of glass window. UNBELIEVABLE, but people like that, it's a sure gimmik to get people to give...
Faraway Citizen

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

knowitall wrote:
It's seems easy to build with other people's money!, but being that Lori would have to go out and get a paying job, it would be entirely different!
First I don't know her testimony how she came to Jesus. How long she has been a Christian(born again?) that I don't know. It's always a good thing to find out about these people who ask for money! we can't see behind the lines if they all really do read God's word and study, and take their own private time to get into the word! being spirt filled that I don't really know either, except, Jim Bakker did say before he went to prison, that he never read the Bible till he went to prison. Interesting comment mainly probably true statement.
local2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

Lori must need new clothes my wife and I were in grand glitz one day and she literaly bought 3200 dollars worth of clothes but she prayed for the staff so it was ok lol I think thats crap theres a warm place waiting for them
knowitall

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

Faraway Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's seems easy to build with other people's money!, but being that Lori would have to go out and get a paying job, it would be entirely different!
First I don't know her testimony how she came to Jesus. How long she has been a Christian(born again?) that I don't know. It's always a good thing to find out about these people who ask for money! we can't see behind the lines if they all really do read God's word and study, and take their own private time to get into the word! being spirt filled that I don't really know either, except, Jim Bakker did say before he went to prison, that he never read the Bible till he went to prison. Interesting comment mainly probably true statement.
you are exactly right i dont know as much about this i know their not right in what their doing today they bought a new truck and brought it into gracestreet withe a big bow on it ahha it looked nice though probably with not all of the options though they raised the money and they do whatever they want to do with it they can change their minds and be like well we raised 20,000 dollars this week or today even and well jim i want to go get new clothing and then i want to get a new form of transportation where the fuck does the old hermet go anyway hahaha im not sure about this ministry i know their phoney i think their needs to be a few people that go in and check this place out like nightline or 20/20 with a hidden camera or not a hidden camera just a cellphone camera and show whats going on with him and lori its no good whats going on its fake its fake fake fake i dont know i just dont know..........who knows really its in gods hands i wish i knew because i dont know the truth i have enough of my own problems with myself i just feel like their using pshycology to trick people with this woman is not ashamed of the wrong doings that she has committed jim was once said to have sold babies with the house that they built at heritage jims not stupid he knows theirs money being lost with each baby thats aborted and hes going to make lori look good and then make the money with the babies make it seem like something its really not hes going to sell babies to thialand or japan theirs babies in japana lori has been to japan she has that damned cheap silk rob to prove for it whats japan known for abortion she has probably had another one theirs so dirty jamie charles jims son had a drinking problem by 13 werent they still on ptl at heritage and tammy sue was knocked up by the age of 16 or earlier or something why cant jim and lori just get a normal job or draw ssi like everyone else and live a nice little life in a reitrement village in florida like their supposessed to instead of conning people in their last days im done preaching im dont preaching thier not worth the time of day
i thought morningside was suppossed to be debt free haha the other day jim said morningside village is in debt by 8 million dollars plus jim has 6 million dollars owning to the irs from the last time he screwed everyone over with jim screwed the prosperity gospel he wants to preach that your not supposed to have money
to prosper u have to have money and jim doesnt want u to have the money he wants to have it smart thinking jim.. and lori...go on give some more money to jim if its your condo u can sell jim will buy it make for what 15% or something if hes honest
Sue

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Listen to me, you idiots. How in this world would the Bakkers pay AIR TIME without selling things--things that have made my family feel much better about the coming food shortages?? Things that can improve your health and prevent cancer (like the rebounders) things that can help you emotionally (like the Bibles)? Tell me how they could pay to be on television without donations?
Secondly: he doesn't "BEG" for money. Thats a lie. If you don't want what he's selling then simply DONT BUY IT.
Thirdly: if you read his book written by a lawyer , you would know that if a person could not stay at the hotel for which they paid a lifetime membership for, they had OTHER VERY NICE BUILDINGS TO STAY IN. Yes; he could have kept track of all the 1k donations to somehow make sure the rooms would be available, and many were. But no; lets concentrate on the few who WILLINGLY gave 1K and had to stay at a condo.
If not for Jim, may I ask you how you would even know about the coming food shortages and possible famine? Is Obama telling you ? No. Jim is telling you. Thanks to Jim for selling me food buckets of darn good tasting food. It makes me feel much more secure about what's going to happen. And the water purifiers will save lives. Did he MAKE me buy the food? Or did I CHOOSE to buy it? My husband isn't even a believer in anything , including Bakker, but gives him all the credit for our knowing about the food buckets.
If you don't like him , turn to another channel. Don't save food; just let "God provide."
We went to Morningside once. We just missed being in the audience. A lady there told my husband about Jerry being so grateful for Jim saving his marriage that he WILLINGLY bought the 600 acres and the buildings for the Bakkers. Was he FORCED into it?
In conclusion, some of you need to watch your grammar and spelling. It's so poor it makes your posts less valid.
beverly

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Sue from Texas is sleeping with Jim.
Huey

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Sue wrote:
Listen to me, you idiots. How in this world would the Bakkers pay AIR TIME without selling things--things that have made my family feel much better about the coming food shortages?? Things that can improve your health and prevent cancer (like the rebounders) things that can help you emotionally (like the Bibles)? Tell me how they could pay to be on television without donations?
Secondly: he doesn't "BEG" for money. Thats a lie. If you don't want what he's selling then simply DONT BUY IT.
Thirdly: if you read his book written by a lawyer , you would know that if a person could not stay at the hotel for which they paid a lifetime membership for, they had OTHER VERY NICE BUILDINGS TO STAY IN. Yes; he could have kept track of all the 1k donations to somehow make sure the rooms would be available, and many were. But no; lets concentrate on the few who WILLINGLY gave 1K and had to stay at a condo.
If not for Jim, may I ask you how you would even know about the coming food shortages and possible famine? Is Obama telling you ? No. Jim is telling you. Thanks to Jim for selling me food buckets of darn good tasting food. It makes me feel much more secure about what's going to happen. And the water purifiers will save lives. Did he MAKE me buy the food? Or did I CHOOSE to buy it? My husband isn't even a believer in anything , including Bakker, but gives him all the credit for our knowing about the food buckets.
If you don't like him , turn to another channel. Don't save food; just let "God provide."
We went to Morningside once. We just missed being in the audience. A lady there told my husband about Jerry being so grateful for Jim saving his marriage that he WILLINGLY bought the 600 acres and the buildings for the Bakkers. Was he FORCED into it?
In conclusion, some of you need to watch your grammar and spelling. It's so poor it makes your posts less valid.
The mormons have been putting back food for years. Jim (give my your wallett) Bakker is just a money begger
Sue

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Whatever. Did you know that Dino Kartsonakis is actually accepting private donations for himself and his wife thru paypal due to their house flooding? I can't believe it: from facebook:

Dino Kartsonakis Thank you so much for your donation and most of all your prayers - nothing like family. We love you and pray God's blessings on your life.
Yesterday at 5:16pm

I was so sure he would NEVER accept donations with all the poor who were devastated in the branson floods. I mean, his sources of income are numerous and unending!!!On the film he mentions his "livelihood" because 2 grand pianos are ruined.
Sue

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

beverly wrote:
Sue from Texas is sleeping with Jim.
Oh, yeah. What a thrill. I'll leave that up to Lucky Lori.
Sue

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Added today to the plea for Paypal donations for Dino and wife:
"...even $5 could be a blessing."
I am in shock.
Bren

Winterville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

Six weeks ago, we ordered the "I Love Water" offer, still have not received it, but I know the money was received by them six weeks ago, when I have called to check on this, I am given a customer service number to call, I was on hold over an hour and finally hung the phone up. I think I should have been told when i placed my order if the items were not going to be shipped out immediately. I went on Ebay and ordered a bucket of food, which came from the same supplier that Bakker uses and received it in a week and was a lot cheaper, now wish I had ordered my water filter supplies from another source.
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I was a bit confused when Dino and Gary McSpadden disappeared from the Bakker line up after the initial flood reports. These are business men and I am certain that they had good ins. Dino would have been a fool not to have those pianos and recording equipment insured properly. He learned all of the ins and outs of "ministry" from Ms. Kuhlman while he was her lap dog.

Jim can't have everyone on his show doing their own fundraising or he won't have time to do his own infomercials. I was surprised when Dino didn't show up for the 50th anniversary program as Jim gave him a platform and featured him over the years when many were leary about the way he walked out on Ms. Kuhlman over the dispute concerning him dating his first wife behind Ms. Kuhlman's back.
Happy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

Nope! Don't go there and will never go there! The only thing that part of Missouri is good for is fishing!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Branson Forum right now

Search the Branson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 7 hr CLUE 6,909
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,404
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 19 hr chico 10,206
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 20 hr Canopy 267
What's the best show in Branson? 23 hr chilligal 5
Jim Bakker is a phoney baloney,obnoxious creature (Jan '11) 23 hr squeezers 55
jim bakker selling "solid silver" cheap bracele... (Dec '13) Tue guest 17
•••
•••
•••
Branson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Branson Jobs

•••