Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,400 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

truth

West Plains, MO

#6875 Sep 14, 2012
unknown wrote:
Judged:
I worked to gather signatures so we could get this on the ballot. I think you should take a moment to read the bill instead of trying to scare people into thinking there is more to it then protecting animals. I would urge people to make suprise visits to some of these mills, if after seeing the conditions these poor animals are in and you still vote against the bill, you have no heart. And where are you getting information that the cost of meat will go up? That has nothing to do with this, and is untrue. Thats why its the puppy mill cruelty protection act. All we want are better conditions for the animals, is that asking to much? Why should a dog have to give birth over and over only to be killed when she cant produce any longer. Its disgusting!!!
Give it a rest. All you want to do is get your hand in everybodys pocket. I live in this so called puppy mill area of Missouri and havn't seen one puppy mill yet. Did you know there is more cats in this whole area then there is puppys/dogs, how come you won't fix that problem. Walk into any animale shelter in Missouri and thats all you see, cats 10 to 1 to dogs. And your TV comercials of deformed looking dogs you say are abused, i have never ever went to any animal shelter in Missouri and seen that, ever, or any vet office or rescue shelter for that fact or ever saw any dogs let alone any animal being tortured and abused like you claim. there is no packs of orphan dogs running around Missouri either. Give it a rest. I know alot of dog breeders in this puppy mill area of Missouri from joplin to sikeston to st joseph to st louis to kansas city to springfeild and never saw any mother dog get bred like you say and then killed.
never blind

United States

#6876 Sep 16, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Give it a rest. All you want to do is get your hand in everybodys pocket. I live in this so called puppy mill area of Missouri and havn't seen one puppy mill yet. Did you know there is more cats in this whole area then there is puppys/dogs, how come you won't fix that problem. Walk into any animale shelter in Missouri and thats all you see, cats 10 to 1 to dogs. And your TV comercials of deformed looking dogs you say are abused, i have never ever went to any animal shelter in Missouri and seen that, ever, or any vet office or rescue shelter for that fact or ever saw any dogs let alone any animal being tortured and abused like you claim. there is no packs of orphan dogs running around Missouri either. Give it a rest. I know alot of dog breeders in this puppy mill area of Missouri from joplin to sikeston to st joseph to st louis to kansas city to springfeild and never saw any mother dog get bred like you say and then killed.
Its happening. I don't see domestic violence, child molestation, drugs and so on. But it is very real and is happening everywhere. The same with puppy mills. You don't remember a black and white dog on the front page of the Quill 4-5 years ago? What an unbelievable place. Dogs eating dead dogs just as a start. A puppy mill exposed! Hidden all this time off the beaten path. It's there, its happening and its often. Killing the dog after she is through having pups is MANDATORY as per the USDA. IT WILL STOP! OUR VOTES, OUR VOICE, HAVE BEEN VIOLATED AND THIS, TOO, WILL STOP!
truth

West Plains, MO

#6877 Sep 16, 2012
never blind wrote:
<quoted text>Its happening. I don't see domestic violence, child molestation, drugs and so on. But it is very real and is happening everywhere. The same with puppy mills. You don't remember a black and white dog on the front page of the Quill 4-5 years ago? What an unbelievable place. Dogs eating dead dogs just as a start. A puppy mill exposed! Hidden all this time off the beaten path. It's there, its happening and its often. Killing the dog after she is through having pups is MANDATORY as per the USDA. IT WILL STOP! OUR VOTES, OUR VOICE, HAVE BEEN VIOLATED AND THIS, TOO, WILL STOP!
JESUS CHRIST you don't have to scream about it. But did notice you didn't scream when you told about domestic violence, child molestation, drugs an so on now did I. Like I said before, I have been around, I hear all the talk around everywhere and never heard of but maybe one puppy mill in this area, the one your talking about but beleive these people wern't selling these animals but hoarding them just like the animal hoarder on west 160 they just found a couple of months ago. a puppy mill is what you call everyone that sells a puppy without your control and your cut of the income. I just sold a puppy for 700 buckaroos and your not getting a penny of it and I am going to sell as many puppys anytime I feel like it without your control or giving you a dime. There is nothing you can do about it either, call the cops I don't care, them vampires won't do crap.
never blind

United States

#6878 Sep 16, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>JESUS CHRIST you don't have to scream about it. But did notice you didn't scream when you told about domestic violence, child molestation, drugs an so on now did I. Like I said before, I have been around, I hear all the talk around everywhere and never heard of but maybe one puppy mill in this area, the one your talking about but beleive these people wern't selling these animals but hoarding them just like the animal hoarder on west 160 they just found a couple of months ago. a puppy mill is what you call everyone that sells a puppy without your control and your cut of the income. I just sold a puppy for 700 buckaroos and your not getting a penny of it and I am going to sell as many puppys anytime I feel like it without your control or giving you a dime. There is nothing you can do about it either, call the cops I don't care, them vampires won't do crap.
The Prantles were a puppy mill. Big difference from a hoarder. Why, oh why, would I want YOUR MONEY? Where do you come up with that one? And, for $700.00, do you certify your stock to be free of hip, heart, and other defects? Do you have one breed or several? Do you breed to perfect the standards and take pride in your dogs, or is it just for a quick profit? Do you show your stock or just stick em out back until you need another paycheck? If you are a responsible breeder who truly cares, that's one thing. If you are a puppy mill, that's no different than lazy welfare recipients not working for their next check. And yes, I AM screaming about domestic violence, etc. There is NO EXCUSE!
Guest votes yes

Wentzville, MO

#6879 Sep 17, 2012
never blind wrote:
<quoted text>Its happening. I don't see domestic violence, child molestation, drugs and so on. But it is very real and is happening everywhere. The same with puppy mills. You don't remember a black and white dog on the front page of the Quill 4-5 years ago? What an unbelievable place. Dogs eating dead dogs just as a start. A puppy mill exposed! Hidden all this time off the beaten path. It's there, its happening and its often. Killing the dog after she is through having pups is MANDATORY as per the USDA. IT WILL STOP! OUR VOTES, OUR VOICE, HAVE BEEN VIOLATED AND THIS, TOO, WILL STOP!
I'm with you! I live in Southeast Missouri and I HAVE seen the horrors you describe here.I am in my 60's and can remember going to a puppy mill at Dexter with a friend and her family to pick out a new puppy.I walked in a shed where the adult dogs were living in what looked like rabbit cages.I asked the old woman who owned the place if they didn't ever get out to run.She ran me out saying "they like it in there". I look back and realize it was this experience that has haunted me all my life and is the reason I feel as I do. None of the political spewing that some do on this subject makes any difference to me or anyone else that has seen the actual things you talk about. We are talking "puppy mills" and if you haven seen any--you have not looked.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6880 Sep 17, 2012
Almost all puppy mills are on the back roads, not visible to the general public driving around.I have personally helped shut down several mills over the last 15 years, all were disgusting, cruel, filthy places, and all were in it for the money...it's all about the paycheck for the puppy mill people. They don't care one bit how those dogs are bred, or inbred in most cases.I will continue to turn puppy mills in till they are all gone. We still have them in Missouri, but it is improving. Takes time, but we have to keep turning them in, till someone listens.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6881 Sep 17, 2012
To Truth...if you are selling puppies for $700. then you are a thief...You are in denial to think you are doing something good...As I said, it's all about the money with you..IF you are a puppy mill then your day will come to be shut down.I don't know you and don't want to know you or your badly bred dogs, poor things.Karma will take care of you in time.
Animal Lover

Wentzville, MO

#6882 Sep 18, 2012
aur56 wrote:
Almost all puppy mills are on the back roads, not visible to the general public driving around.I have personally helped shut down several mills over the last 15 years, all were disgusting, cruel, filthy places, and all were in it for the money...it's all about the paycheck for the puppy mill people. They don't care one bit how those dogs are bred, or inbred in most cases.I will continue to turn puppy mills in till they are all gone. We still have them in Missouri, but it is improving. Takes time, but we have to keep turning them in, till someone listens.
It takes photos of horrible circumstances and then some still don't see what all the fuss is about. Change never comes in a neat orderly fashion, it has and will always, require radicals who raise so much hell that they have to at least look.Truth!
amish abe

Saint Louis, MO

#6884 Sep 18, 2012
i like tobuy them cheap and in bulk i sell them to the chineeze restraunts
Muhammad

Branson, MO

#6885 Sep 18, 2012
Animal Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes photos of horrible circumstances and then some still don't see what all the fuss is about. Change never comes in a neat orderly fashion, it has and will always, require radicals who raise so much hell that they have to at least look.Truth!
Muhammad has a question. Are you people on other States Topix then just Missouri.

Wentzville, MO

#6886 Sep 18, 2012
Muhammad wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad has a question. Are you people on other States Topix then just Missouri.
Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to this question myself.It sounds like the comments for the last few weeks are coming from the backwoods and hills of Tennessee.
Muhammad

Branson, MO

#6887 Sep 18, 2012
Muhammad call puppy bill B on phone

Muhammad--(ring ring) Muhammad want's to speak to puppy

Puppy Bill B Rep-- Democrat or Republican

Muhammad-- WHAT?

Puppy Bill B Rep-- I said Momo, are you Democrat or Republican, Gosh!

Muhammad-- Muhammad don't like your tone, Muhammad Muslim now let Muhammad talk to puppy B

Puppy Bill B Rep-- Listen mula, if your a Republican you can go straight to hell, if your a Democrat then may I help you Sir

Muhammad-- Muhammad a Democrat (forgive me Alah for I have sinned)

Puppy Mill B Rep-- Oh great, now Sir can you first tell a real horror story of puppy abuse, if you don't have any just make one up

Muhammad-- Isn't that a lie

Puppy Mill B Rep-- We know but if we don't lie every once in a while we wouldn't be able to control all sales of puppies, we have to because it's Bush's fault

Muhammad- I am Muslim and can not lie

Puppy Mill B Rep-- Listen, if your a Democrat you know our creed, lie like a mother f----r and if you get caught just talk real fast and loud while changing the subject

Muhammad-- You are f----D up in the head, I am a Republican you freaky Democrat

Puppy Mill B Rep-- GO TO HELL (click)

Muhammad--(click) Wow! Muhammad guess FOX News was right about Democrats creed
ben

Saint Louis, MO

#6888 Sep 19, 2012
How about we quit making everything a stupid law they have so many laws in place these days that you are probably violating one or more of them even in your sleep! I vote to quit making so many damn laws, they are not for your protection they are simply in place to make more money..if they were in place for our protection then they would be enforced on everyone not just the public. I know a cop that shot a woman over a routine traffic stop and killed her for doing nothing, it was proved and he agreed she did nothing more than not getting out of her car when he asked. The man did not get any jail time for this he just lost his job. You can't protect what you don't see and animal kennels need to have inspections enforced not more laws that never get enforced because cops are too lazy to fill out the paper work
doglover

Cole Camp, MO

#6890 Sep 21, 2012
did it pass
adl

Cole Camp, MO

#6891 Sep 21, 2012
not yet
Paula

Columbia, MO

#6892 Sep 21, 2012
In favor!
Muhammad

Branson, MO

#6893 Sep 21, 2012
mej.com . Go to this and all puppy mills will stop. mej.com .

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#6895 Sep 21, 2012
sky city wrote:
i don't think breeding to sell puppies is right...there are too many dog's and cat's as it is !! that's why the shelter's are packed full of homeless dog's n cat's breeding make's it worse ! it's wrong to breed... I think ppl breeding and selling dog's or cat's should be ashamed there doing it just for MONEY !! with all the breeding being done there are little chance's of animals in the shelter to find homes !! and to me it's just not FAIR
Why not export them to countries where people die daily from starvation!!
Muhammad

Branson, MO

#6896 Sep 21, 2012
sky city wrote:
i don't think breeding to sell puppies is right...there are too many dog's and cat's as it is !! that's why the shelter's are packed full of homeless dog's n cat's breeding make's it worse ! it's wrong to breed... I think ppl breeding and selling dog's or cat's should be ashamed there doing it just for MONEY !! with all the breeding being done there are little chance's of animals in the shelter to find homes !! and to me it's just not FAIR
Then how would the lefty control the people. Muhammad think you very wise but with lefty you can't take away their control of people. If they really cared about puppy's they would fight for what you said. The reason the problem is so bad today as they claim is because there are way to many to handle now. After they win the puppy bill B they will move to all animals like cows, horses, birds, fish you name it they will want to control it.
Kicker

New Virginia, IA

#6897 Sep 21, 2012
The same tricks they pulled over horse slaughter. Now there are more suffering horses that are starving because of these idiots and thier feel good crap laws. If you want your bill specify DOG, K-9, NOT PET there are more idiots that will then want to argue that a horse, cow or pig is a pet and not livestock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For George (Nov '13) 6 hr anonymous 31
help wanted Thu gotme 2
Nightlife? Thu fake 2
sarah underwood sentenced yet??? Thu LuckyBransonresident 3
silver dollar city May 26 visiting 1
News Giant hole forms at entrance of Missouri golf c... May 24 Parden Pard 5
Biker Wars May 20 Bag of Bones 2
More from around the web

Branson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE