What about meat building up JOHN WAYN...

What about meat building up JOHN WAYNES colon

Posted in the Branson Forum

JohnWaynesColon

Ozark, MO

#1 Sep 15, 2010
What about meat building up in John Wayne's colon

Have you heard the John Wayne story?

Apparently when John Wayne died, they found 60-80 lbs of undigested material causing a massive intestinal blockage.

Over the course my vegetarian experiment, many folks have asked me whether or not meat builds up in the colon. The answer, yes and no. Meals high in meat do take between 24-48h to digest and work their way through the GI tract. However, this is a pretty normal transit time. Most meals take this long to get through the GI tract. So thereís nothing all that unusual about meat in this regard.

However, 60-80 lbs of undigested, impacted fecal matter building up in our body over years? Impossible. Have you heard the John Wayne story? This is whatís being used to support that absurd claim.

Apparently when he died, they found 60-80 lbs of undigested material causing a massive intestinal blockage. And apparently this was found during his autopsy. All according to many vegetarian and colon cleansing web sites.

Well, for starters, John Wayne never even had an autopsy. Now, he did have surgery for a cancer-related intestinal blockage about a month before his death. But that had nothing to do with impacted feces or his diet.

Of course, this doesnít prove that no one gets a build up of undigested fecal matter. Indeed, itís possible to get some fecal build up in the colon. Definitely not in multiple pound quantities, accumulation above a small amount would be quite painful. Also, only those in unique circumstances in which genetically susceptible people eat no fiber and take drugs that decrease digestion and GI motility.

So itís not the meat thatís responsible for any small build ups that might occur. Itís whatís missing from the diet. And what drugs folks are taking.

>>> The debate rages on

As I said above, itís quite possible for intelligent people to see the same information and come to different conclusions. So I anticipate that there will be some disagreement even with the general recommendations I make in this article. And thatís ok with me.

Iím not here to convince anyone of anything. Nor am I here to push my way of life onto your dinner table. Rather, Iím simply here to present the information as I see it. And as Iíve experienced it as both an omnivore and a plant-based eater.

In the end, itís up to you to decide how youíll use this info. I just hope you use it wisely.

>>>> So what do you think? Will you give up meat after reading this or will you try to buy hormone-free meats?

Take care of your COLON
haha

Warrensburg, MO

#2 Sep 15, 2010
Why are you talking about John Waynes Colon ???, everyone knows that Booze and smoking helps block the colon.
JohnWaynesColon wrote:
Apparently when John Wayne died, they found 60-80 lbs of undigested material causing a massive intestinal blockage.
Over the course my vegetarian experiment, many folks have asked me whether or not meat builds up in the colon. The answer, yes and no. Meals high in meat do take between 24-48h to digest and work their way through the GI tract. However, this is a pretty normal transit time. Most meals take this long to get through the GI tract. So thereís nothing all that unusual about meat in this regard.
However, 60-80 lbs of undigested, impacted fecal matter building up in our body over years? Impossible. Have you heard the John Wayne story? This is whatís being used to support that absurd claim.
Apparently when he died, they found 60-80 lbs of undigested material causing a massive intestinal blockage. And apparently this was found during his autopsy. All according to many vegetarian and colon cleansing web sites.
Well, for starters, John Wayne never even had an autopsy. Now, he did have surgery for a cancer-related intestinal blockage about a month before his death. But that had nothing to do with impacted feces or his diet.
Of course, this doesnít prove that no one gets a build up of undigested fecal matter. Indeed, itís possible to get some fecal build up in the colon. Definitely not in multiple pound quantities, accumulation above a small amount would be quite painful. Also, only those in unique circumstances in which genetically susceptible people eat no fiber and take drugs that decrease digestion and GI motility.
So itís not the meat thatís responsible for any small build ups that might occur. Itís whatís missing from the diet. And what drugs folks are taking.
>>> The debate rages on
As I said above, itís quite possible for intelligent people to see the same information and come to different conclusions. So I anticipate that there will be some disagreement even with the general recommendations I make in this article. And thatís ok with me.
Iím not here to convince anyone of anything. Nor am I here to push my way of life onto your dinner table. Rather, Iím simply here to present the information as I see it. And as Iíve experienced it as both an omnivore and a plant-based eater.
In the end, itís up to you to decide how youíll use this info. I just hope you use it wisely.
>>>> So what do you think? Will you give up meat after reading this or will you try to buy hormone-free meats?
Take care of your COLON
Bag of Bones

Ozark, MO

#3 Sep 15, 2010
everyone knows that religion helps block the brain.

** there - fixed it for ya' Cut-n-Paste
Mr_Popo

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2010
Well, I guess there are some liberals who will claim that he was full of crap.
Marlo Freeman

Sparta, MO

#6 Oct 25, 2010
I sure like John Wayne I miss him too got all his movies on CD
JohnWaynesColon wrote:
>>> The debate rages on
Take care of your COLON
Crystal Gayle Smith

Ozark, MO

#7 Nov 4, 2010
Hey Me Too I am jes like you
Marlo Freeman wrote:
I sure like John Wayne I miss him too got all his movies on CD
<quoted text>
sagebrush

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#8 Nov 4, 2010
It's a little late to be worrying about the Duke's colon. The original poster said she was a vegetarian, so I suspect there is a message in there somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kirby VanBurch (Dec '11) 3 hr Merlin 2
Bald knob theater sell? 3 hr Tourist 3
Where is the ghetto in Branson Missouri? (Jan '13) Mon Qwerty 20
West gate community Mon Qwerty 3
looking for a place to swim that's not well kn... Mon Qwerty 2
My ex Billy Taylor Mon Qwerty 2
Corruption at ALL levels of Taney County (May '12) Mon No longer brother... 21

Branson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance