BRANSON is the WORST town in the USA!...
tyty

Branson, MO

#44 Oct 22, 2013
ive lived here my whole life and never really seen any real violence its not rundown i can tell you that.
Hmmmm

Bland, MO

#45 Oct 28, 2013
I am in town for the first time. We've seen 3 shows and they were great. We ate at Shorty Small's and it was great and the server just fine. I was surprised that no more people were in town. Not neArly as busy as Gatlinburg.

Branson, MO

#46 Oct 28, 2013
come during summer and you wont be able to move.
it gets crowded on weekends, its always busy

Since: Dec 13

United States

#47 Dec 30, 2013
Branson has lost a lot of the charm that I found there as a child and as a teenager. Now my kids like to visit Branson, but for shopping. For me, as a child there were friendly folks, great food, and nice motels. I find it a little run down and disappointing these days.
Garden Girl

Branson, MO

#49 Apr 29, 2014
As a long time resident of Branson, I must set the story straight:
Yes, there is more crime than there once was. The biggest injustice was made when a Nashville super star stated on 60 Minutes that he could make $6 Million in 6 months. People moved here in droves. Families with everything they could carry stuffed into a broken down car or individuals who sold everything for a bus ticket trying to get something for nothing. Just like Atlantic City or Vegas or Reno. People looking for an easy way out moved in and when things didn't magically appear, they turned to crime. I don't need to list them; they are already posted.
There were jobs; there are jobs but you have to want to work. For a small town, there is lots of assistance. A hot meal is served 7 nights a week for 15 weeks during the winter. Yes, it's hard to get to each church where the meals are served. We have no mass transit system. Come on; we are a fairly isolated rural small town. How many rural towns of 10,000 have mass transit?
The Mayor is not related to Silver Dollar City or it's owners. Get your facts straight.
I'm sorry that bad things happened to BUSINESSMAN, but bad things happen to vacationers everywhere. When I travel I'm very careful of where I am, where my purse is, what can be seen through the car windows... That just smart. I'm careful here in Branson. I never leave my purse in the shopping cart or my grandchildren unattended in the backyard.
The world has changed. No, people have changed. People no longer take responsibility for themselves and their families - that is what has changed the world. Take responsibility for yourself and take responsibility for the children you bring into this world. Take responsibility for your parents, you sister or brother when they can't take care of themselves. Work for what you want and what you need. You have no right to take what isn't yours. You have no right to anything but to have clean air to breathe.
Get a grip. Grow up. Take charge of your life. Those 'natives' who trash-talk Branson: Get off your lazy bottom and get involved and help fix the community. How many volunteer hours are you booking each week volunteering? If you don't know how you can help, contact a local church or the food pantry or school? Why not be the solution instead of the problem.

“Somebody Stop Me”

Since: Nov 08

Branson

#51 May 1, 2014
Wyndham, being a Fortune 500 company is one of the primary reasons the wages are suppressed, and tourists are pouring their money into overpriced, inadequate entertainment and accommodations, while lifestyles suck except for the "back stabbers" who have emerged as industry leaders in the worthless town.
bkj

United States

#52 May 6, 2014
Don't understand why people will not support gambling, especially in Rock a way. I think it would bring the 21-50 year old group that Branson is missing out on. That group only comes when they have children. I use to be from Tulsa and can't see where gambling caused it to go corrupt in fact since I moved it has boomed. I think the Branson government is missing out on allowing Branson to grow.
yikes

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 May 6, 2014
I'm so glad I came here , i am a older single lady was planning a trip again to Branson , last time I came I was with others and do love your town don't get me wrong but I believe I will go to Gatlinburg this time .Maybe a few years I will come back to Branson
Mamy

Rogers, AR

#54 May 6, 2014
yikes wrote:
I'm so glad I came here , i am a older single lady was planning a trip again to Branson , last time I came I was with others and do love your town don't get me wrong but I believe I will go to Gatlinburg this time .Maybe a few years I will come back to Branson
Don t let the nay sayers make you're decisions for you Branson is still a great place to visit personally Visit at least 2 times per year for the last 6 years and i still find new things and have fun and Yes save a Few Bux.
tenth st

United States

#55 May 9, 2014
How did this guy know that the guy who robbed him was a DRUG DEALER??... jussayn..

squeezers

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

The Woods

#56 May 12, 2014
It really says alot about northern liberals who retire in Branson. They are basically guests in someone elses home and they complain about the food, your pets, your furniture, etc...... I will say to them, nobody invited you here. Nobody needs you here. No one is forcing you to stay here. Go back to Chicago, California or cleveland or wherever you are from. Back to the ice and snow and crime. Back to the high cost of living and the outrageous taxes that liberals always vote for. Don't come to a little slice of heaven like our lake and ruin it for those of us who love it and actually deserve to live here. Im from the south where we believe in hospitality and were taught manners. Two things that are foreign concepts to most yankees. But if you come to my house and complain about it long enough, you just might see what else we are taught in the south

Senath, MO

#57 May 13, 2014
Branson is nothing more than just another overpriced tourist trap. As far as the entertainment goes it simply demonstrates that it does not take much to entertain some people. Once was enough for me. Ya’ll can have it.

Oh yeah, for you Baldnobbers, you can brag all you want to about being the ones that started it all, but I got to tell you, you need to get some new stuff. Anyone that sees your show once has no reason to ever come back.

Pierce Arrow was the best show I saw while there.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#58 May 13, 2014
squeezers wrote:
It really says alot about northern liberals who retire in Branson. They are basically guests in someone elses home and they complain about the food, your pets, your furniture, etc...... I will say to them, nobody invited you here. Nobody needs you here. No one is forcing you to stay here. Go back to Chicago, California or cleveland or wherever you are from. Back to the ice and snow and crime. Back to the high cost of living and the outrageous taxes that liberals always vote for. Don't come to a little slice of heaven like our lake and ruin it for those of us who love it and actually deserve to live here. Im from the south where we believe in hospitality and were taught manners. Two things that are foreign concepts to most yankees. But if you come to my house and complain about it long enough, you just might see what else we are taught in the south
What!!? I have previously seen in your racist posts that you moved from the south. South California that is!!! Do you really make this up as you go along? I also find that this comment you have posted is strikingly similar to one made by "mike" in MtnHm. Topix ("don't move to mtn.him. thread). In fact, the last paragraph is virtually identical.
You know I have called you before on plagerism, as well as omitting portions of text to change context of script. Most trolls at least try to be on their game. Geesh! Did Donald Sterling teach you to cover your tracks? Keep this up and legitimate trolls are gonna demand you retire your identity. You should improve your skills or you should go back to writing on restroom walls in Cherokee Village, Cali-boy.'Cause your skills are lacking for this league! Bwaaaahahaha! Try using your own thoughts to form comments, stealing is dishonest! But, you knew that, right?

Senath, MO

#60 May 14, 2014
Right on squeezers, you tell ‘em. Ya’ll get the hell out of here, go back where you came from. We will like that real good. We will like that until we find ourselves rooting around with the squirrels looking for acorns and realize you are our livelihood. Then we will be advertising, begging, and kissing your arse to come back and bring them Benjamin’s with you. Don't poop in the hand that feeds you silly man.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#61 May 14, 2014
Guest wrote:
Right on squeezers, you tell ‘em. Ya’ll get the hell out of here, go back where you came from. We will like that real good. We will like that until we find ourselves rooting around with the squirrels looking for acorns and realize you are our livelihood. Then we will be advertising, begging, and kissing your arse to come back and bring them Benjamin’s with you. Don't poop in the hand that feeds you silly man.
Al Sharpton had stated "just make more black babies"Just think about it the black race of 14% and white America is taking care of the majority of them. Most black males thanks with their penis head and does not care for the children they are bringing in to this world. 75% of the black babies that are born in America have no father. Over 55% of black males are on probation, parole are in confinement. Even the black males from Africa cannot stand African-American males with their attitude. Many African-Americans are raised to be racist and the majority depends on the government. Many
Caucasian citizens will be a victim of black violent crimes. Yes the stats are true and
these individuals do not have father or family environment. The white Caucasian who built this country is a dying breed.

Senath, MO

#62 May 14, 2014
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Al Sharpton had stated "just make more black babies"Just think about it the black race of 14% and white America is taking care of the majority of them. Most black males thanks with their penis head and does not care for the children they are bringing in to this world. 75% of the black babies that are born in America have no father. Over 55% of black males are on probation, parole are in confinement. Even the black males from Africa cannot stand African-American males with their attitude. Many African-Americans are raised to be racist and the majority depends on the government. Many
Caucasian citizens will be a victim of black violent crimes. Yes the stats are true and
these individuals do not have father or family environment. The white Caucasian who built this country is a dying breed.
What in the hell has this to do with the topic of this thread? Did you post here by mistake?
Drcotor Benjamen

Salem, AR

#63 May 14, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the hell has this to do with the topic of this thread? Did you post here by mistake?
What does poet #58 have to do with this topic??
poet fifty seven

Mountain Home, AR

#64 May 14, 2014
Drcotor Benjamen wrote:
<quoted text>What does poet #58 have to do with this topic??
Who cares what #58 says? It prolly is just one more sock puppet from Cherokee Village. You know, that " Village Idiot" troll that can't keep sober long enough to know which end he points upwards. The topic was evolving towards a "I'm a local and you're not" rant, when some fool from Cali claimed he was a southerner (what a stretch there, lol) and copied/swiped a rant from a Mtn. Home forum poster that he liked enough to call it his own. That about sums it up, oh, to confuse and muddy the issue, the "Idiot" then poses as "Lisa" to explain his mixed ancestry and why it affects his self esteem issues and guilt for the crime in his town.
These "episodes" seem to coincide with the issuance of welfare checks and the proclivity for Heaven Hill vodka, forgive him, he has a monkey on his back. Lol!

“Somebody Stop Me”

Branson

#65 May 16, 2014
Branson is the equivalent of Hollywood on a small time scale. Their entertainers are obscure people who you can ask the common man on the street if they know them, and the answer will invariably be no. Making a remark about entertainers will result in your being black balled to the extent you will be systematically excluded from entering the industry, even though audience applause would indicate you are the most popular act auditioning. Wages for the vast majority of people working in Branson stink unless you are a feature performer or working in an administrative capacity. And the town is entirely composed of commerce consisting of what amounts to a tourist trap. Hospitality, entertainment, restaurants, and theme parks. What a joke! Add to that, the people operating businesses, repress wages of their employees, are completely self indulgent, and pretentious, and although the entertainers are talented, they are not of the caliber that would demand ticket prices commensurate to what they charge. Branson is a slickly packaged marketing SCAM!

“Somebody Stop Me”

Branson

#66 May 17, 2014
Guest wrote:
Branson is nothing more than just another overpriced tourist trap. As far as the entertainment goes it simply demonstrates that it does not take much to entertain some people. Once was enough for me. Ya’ll can have it.
Oh yeah, for you Baldnobbers, you can brag all you want to about being the ones that started it all, but I got to tell you, you need to get some new stuff. Anyone that sees your show once has no reason to ever come back.
Pierce Arrow was the best show I saw while there.
Gotta go along with you on the limited amount of talent in Branson. As far as I know, the only act that is probably nationally recognizable is Clint Black, and since I didn't listen to country music prior to moving to Branson, I couldn't tell you any songs he released. Add to that, the price of a ticket is usually $50.00 or more. For that price, I could purchase a digital download of every song the artist I was seeing ever recorded I cared about, and have it to listen to for the rest of my life. I guess you could throw in Mickey Gilley and Mel Tillis, but they haven't been household names in well over a quarter of a century. Besides that, almost all of the buildings, commercial and residential, are poorly constructed of inferior materials. Definitely what would classify as the dynamics of a "tourist trap", as you said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BODY ATTACHMENTS-What does this mean? (Nov '12) Wed Kira 38
branson is racist (Jun '07) Wed DICK 58
News 'Shop With A Cop' helps children buy Christmas ... (Nov '07) Nov 29 Janie Horsey 6
Music and worship from the Jesus Movement era. Nov 27 Brobill4JC 1
For George (Nov '13) Nov 23 anonymous 34
My son Brett Wakefield pedophile-child molester (Dec '12) Nov 21 ____NoOne____ 15
Who is Mystery Lady at top of the Capitol Dome (Feb '09) Nov 21 Wayne 8

Branson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branson Mortgages